Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! Empty
PostSubject: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:05 pm

TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! Bf0v0RaTNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! KskmT1RTNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! 3rkAbopTNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! Gz1RE4P

Pete sent me this to try out and review, so here's the review.

First Impressions-
At first I didn't expect it to be so small! I knew it was small but seeing it right infront of you, it's tiny! You can even fit it in your pocket so it's great to take out with you if you're going to a meetup or anywhere really. The exact dimensions are:
Height: 3.5cm
Width- 8cm
Length- 10.5cm
I found it quite hard to do Nollie tricks off it at first but they're much easier once you get a technique that suits it, even after a week of using it, I still find it hard to Nollie off, but it's a small kicker, so that's obviously not a problem happy

Craftsmanship-
The way it's made is absolutely amazing for the price! I expected it to be just 4 pieces of wood stuck together at only £5, you know, just the sides, riding platform and back, but no! It has all of them, but with a base and it sounds like there are supports inside of it, because when you tap it, it doesn't sound hollow. The kicker is made with high quality plywood, same as all of the other Big Constructuion ramps. The edges are nice and smooth, there's no bumpy/rough edges on it at all. The only problem is, is that at the section where you first ride onto the kicker, it is VERY thin and feels like it could chip easily, so you have to be careful when it's in your pocket and in a bag or something, I've had it in a bag, drawer and my pocket to test out the durability and it's still intact, but I'd want to avoid being rough with it. It's not a big problem to be honest, because if it wasn't so thin, there would be a bump when you ride up onto it, which would affect the performance and craftsmanship of the kicker. On some ramps, when you land onto ramps, your wheels can make small dents on the surface, whereas on this wee thing, there's absolutely no signs of dents, maybe they might after a while but so far, so good.

Performance-
Performance of this kicker is outstanding, I wasn't a big fan of kickers, but after having hours of fun with this ramp, I'm now a huge fan. You could say that the ramp has a medium steepness of ascendance? Which makes it amazing as it's so small, you can get quite a lot of air of the ramp to get over things or onto things. It's not too mellow or too steep which makes it a great ramp. I also had fun doing little bonks on the side of the ramp, such a bs tail to shuv out. It's an awesome ramp for almost any trick, apart from some nollie tricks such as nollie tres or lazers. But it's a "rapid" kicker, so it's not much of a problem, I was quite disappointed I could nollie tre because they're my favourite tricks.

Overall-
Overall, this is amazing for the price, these could be sold at double the price because of the amount work gone into these. I've tried making kickers like this before and it's so hard to get everything solid and to make it flush with the ground without messing it up. If you're looking for that one little extra for your desk, collection or park, I'd recommend this to anyone due to the quality and price! FIVE POUNDS! It's a steal, go to The Norwood Project now and grab one here
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Nice review! May have to buy one of these eventually. So cheap  shocked 
Back to top Go down
SpencerPaige
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SpencerPaige

Setup : Radramps Hawaiian Shirt Fabric Bottom
Y-Trucks x4 United
No Comply White V6
Foamy Greatness
FBS Extra Smooth

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Great review, Will. I might havecto pick one up for my bday
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Nice review Will
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Is there any room to do tricks on it will, does it not feel a little cramped how you just get onto it and you have to trick off straight away ? Lovely review btw and great price
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Jack B. wrote:
Is there any room to do tricks on it will, does it not feel a little cramped how you just get onto it and you have to trick off straight away ? Lovely review btw and great price
Do you mean like ride up, flip, ride down? If so, yes you can happy

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 pm

That's a really good review. 
I like the way you didn't have to rate everything out of 10 and just talked about it honestly. 

Very cool kicker too!
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 3:19 am

Great review dude!
Back to top Go down
Louis.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Louis.

Companies :
Setup : weca
ytrucks
oak
ace

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:33 pm

great review happy
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 pm

nice review dudee cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
kingsalami
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kingsalami

Companies : sloth boardrails (rip)
Setup : woob
brutal
wc

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:51 am

Nice review Will! I'm thinking about getting the rapid quarter soon  afro 
Back to top Go down
http://slothboardrails.bigcartel.com/
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 am

kingsalami wrote:
Nice review Will! I'm thinking about getting the rapid quarter soon  afro 
http://www.fingerboardhq.net/t16586-big-construction-rapid-quarter-review

Thanks everyone! Got a couple more reviews coming up, if there's anything I have that you want me to review, let me know and I'll do it! Got a Compiny review coming up soon and maybe a Yellowood and Mike S Ramp? Let me know!
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 am

very nice and it looks like it's not a rip like brr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!   TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review! Empty

Back to top Go down

TNP X Big Construction Kicker Review!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1