Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBerlinwood 33.3mm Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Berlinwood 33.3mm Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

Berlinwood 33.3mm Review Empty
PostSubject: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:57 pm

This review is for the Berlinwood 33.3mm wide deck, I got the Psychotic Skulls graphic. I set it up with BRTs with Y baseplates and Winkler Wheels.
Berlinwood 33.3mm Review NR0wXBY Berlinwood 33.3mm Review JIrj3HM

First Impressions- I got this in a sponsor pack off Pete, it was already used, but looked pretty intact, there were a few dents on the side, but because it’s second-hand but by the looks of Berlinwoods, they’re usually pretty good looking at first and look proper nice!

Craftsmanship- is a high quality, as you can expect from Berlinwood! Berlinwood have been perfecting decks into this for over 10 years (or 11, I forgot) so there’s no reason you shouldn’t get a badly made one! The rounding is pretty much spot on, some decks have quite skinny kicks and some have quite chunky ones, these ones are rounded quite chunky, and the nose is a tiny bit fatter than the tail, so it gives a realistic look and feel to the board. The board is off-centre by about 0.5 of a mm, some people may think “that is outrageous from Berlinwood!” but to be honest, you can’t really tell, it just feels like normal if you ask me. The plies are really nice too, they go ebony, maple, blue, maple, black. The graphic is also a charm to this board because it’s really nice, my favourite out of the 33.3 collection is either this one or Jay L’s pro-model. The graphic wear’s really nice, but it doesn’t wear too fast so you can enjoy the graphic for a little while! I’ve literally been pretty aggressive with this board and the only signs of wear are a few dents on the side as on most boards and the wear on the graphic, I’ve used it on, wood, metal, concrete, brick and it’s holding up well. The graphic wears really nicely, so it gives a realistic look to the board.

Performance and Shape- of this board is amazing, this is the first Berlinwood that I’ve ever used properly in my (coming up to) two years of fingerboarding, and I have to say, I’m impressed! I’ve loved using this board for the past 2-3 weeks because of the pretty mellow kicks and medium concave. The shape is really nice, the medium concave really compliment the mellow kicks which makes it a really comfortable deck to use. It’s probably one of the closest fingerboards to a shape of a skateboard. The deck also has a huge amount of pop, so you can get your tricks nice and clean. The  tail and nose are also perfect sizes for me as they’re not too short or too long, they’re an awesome size which makes me love this deck even more.
Overall- This deck is a definite recommendation from me to any level fingerboarder, maybe not a really new beginner because of it’s weidth, but it’s a deck for anyone really, the shape can cater street, flat and tranny tricks which is great, the dimensions are great (98mmX33.3mm) and the general performance of this is amazing. Berlinwoods are a little bit pricey and there are many other decks out there which are just as good for only half the price, but to be honest, you get what you pay for, and if I had the chance to buy another, I probably would when this one dies out.. if it dies out even.

If you've any questions you have about it, feel free to comment below or shoot me a PM and I’ll happily answer  Thanks for reading guys!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Nice review!
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Cool review dude. I'm expecting one in the mail, so this got me really hyped for it to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Nikodemus05
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Nikodemus05

Setup : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FF G14
Yellow Bollie Trucks
FF G4's
Classic Rip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Good review man!
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Thanks guys happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Nice review! Makes me want to try one.. Good attention to detail happy
Back to top Go down
SpencerPaige
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SpencerPaige

Setup : Radramps Hawaiian Shirt Fabric Bottom
Y-Trucks x4 United
No Comply White V6
Foamy Greatness
FBS Extra Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 am

I love your review Will!! tongue 

It's very detailed, and makes me even more stoked for the one Imma get for my birthday.  tongue 
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:54 am

Damn, now I wanna get one. Nice review dude!
Back to top Go down
Louis.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Louis.

Companies :
Setup : weca
ytrucks
oak
ace

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 am

nice review !!
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:23 pm

It was a nice review, but I'm beginning to think all berlinwood reviews may as well read "they're good" and leave it at that!
Back to top Go down
chandler
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
chandler

Setup : creature 8.3
Koston indys 149 only
classic spitfire
diamond hardware
bones swiss

white Berlinwood mini logo low xwide
BRTs 32mm
winkler wheels junks white
tky tunning
fbs tape

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:26 am

i have the same one and i love it to death!
Back to top Go down
B.Arbour
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
B.Arbour

Companies : Arson Decks
Setup : Arson Deck
Y Trucks X4's
Witch Craft Bushings
FlatFace G6
Ace 3 tape

Arson deck
BRTs 2.0
Winkler Big Daddy Zs
TNP tape

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 am

that setup looks so fun to ride! so jealous
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:41 am

nice review
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berlinwood 33.3mm Review   Berlinwood 33.3mm Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Berlinwood 33.3mm Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1