Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHelp with ollie!!!!!! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with ollie!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eduguy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Help with ollie!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:04 am

I just can't do it. Watched tutorials and stuff. Sometimes when I try to ollie it kind of spins like in a kickflip. Any tips for ollie??!!!
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:07 am

Practice. There is no magical formula, its really hard to learn how to fingerboard, or how to do anything worth doing. You've gotta snap the tail, and let the board lift up with your fingers; then even it out with your front finger. If you have an extra tech deck lying around take a lighter and heat up the kicks and bend them to be steeper, that will be easier for learning.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 am

Help with ollie!!!!!! Unknow11
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:10 am

Don't try too hard. If you try too hard, you'll eventually get mad and never land it. Just keep your hand loose, not stiff. Helps me with tricks becuase it's like im calmer and the trick is easier to land. ALSO, put an obstacle in front of you like a CD case. It kind of forces you to ollie onto it. Or, there is always the method of doing ollies on your leg so you dont have to pop. Hope i helped wink
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :
my setup seriously does resemble a pickle

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 am

I started by taking some GameCube games and stacked them one onto another. And would continue doing this until I was able to ollie without having to have an obstacle to ollie onto.
Back to top Go down
eduguy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Okay Thank you.
When you ollie does your hand stay in contact the whole time? When you ollie should you lift it up kind of? Is it okay to get move the board back a bit first to get momentum before ollieing?
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:55 am

moving the board back is considered noobish by almost everyone. when i ollie my hand stays on the board the whole time. what do you mean by "lifting it up"?
Back to top Go down
eduguy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 am

flipping the board to vertical and then pushing upwards/forwards.
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:07 am

I still don't understand what you mean by lifting up, but I too keep my fingers on the board during the whole time I am performing an ollie, just as it is done with an actual skateboard.

And yes, if your board goes vertical that is perfectly fine. It usually goes almost vertical after you pop before you start sliding your finger if you are trying to perform a super high ollie. Although it could be considered an ollie north. You should post a video of yourself trying to ollie. If I havent answered your question already that might be helpful for both of us.
Back to top Go down
eduguy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:25 am

I will try to explain very detailed.
Imagine the board is vertical with your fingers on it. What I am talking about is pushing up or forwards while in the position.
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 am

As long as your board leaves the ground and stays in line with your fingers without flipping around all crazy, it is an ollie.
Back to top Go down
eduguy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:01 am

Lol okay thank you. happy
Another few questions:
Is there any tutorial you recomend? Sometimes when i ollie i do a kick or heelflip or have the spinning motion of those. I move both fingers up to the front of board when ollieibg. Could that be why?
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 am

This, in my opinion, is the best tutorial :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABloRTbXXoQ

The "globe" technique is useful, and flipping the hand (you'll see what I mean when you watch it)

And rollback is fine, you're learning. You can work on getting rid of rollback later.

happy welcome to the forum!

Last edited by Joe on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
DarkSideDanger
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DarkSideDanger

Companies : Brutal Fingerboards, Overbird
Setup : Berlinwood wide low Star Wars
Brt wide black trucks
New Foamy greatness tape
Witchcraft tuning w/ risers
Flow wheels
All quality

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:12 am

You gotta push it to the floor then Pop and lock it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boaOCt267iQ&app=desktop
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:16 pm

It really helps if you understanding mechanics of what you are trying to do. Watch some of those super slo-mo skate videos and then when you really understand what you are trying to do, try either using your leg or ride on carpet or a sofa to give you more effortless pop, to get used to the motion. Then practice. A lot. Like a fucking shitload of practice.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:40 pm

When I do ollie I just lift my fingers and it stays there like magic
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Took me a couple days of practice to get them down, it's all in the pop, unless it's a sketchy Ollie my fingers stay on the deck just their position that moves to balance it out.

I'm still just learning too, trying to get kickflips down now, they're a pain in the ass!
Back to top Go down
B.Arbour
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
B.Arbour

Companies : Arson Decks
Setup : Arson Deck
Y Trucks X4's
Witch Craft Bushings
FlatFace G6
Ace 3 tape

Arson deck
BRTs 2.0
Winkler Big Daddy Zs
TNP tape

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 pm

well i first started i used the side of my leg just to get the feel of it and it worked for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with ollie!!!!!!   Help with ollie!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with ollie!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1