Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNFB Mold Reviews and Concerns Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blackhartfbs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
blackhartfbs

Companies : Black Hart Fingerboards

NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns Empty
PostSubject: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 am

Hi I am new to this forum, I decided to make this thread before I purchase from this site. The site is http://www.nfbmolds.com/. They sell metal fingerboard molds, I am just wondering if anyone else has used them and if they are worth the $235 price tag. I am just looking for honest opinions and honest other options I could use for molds. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jaymes

Companies : Arson decks

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 pm

I am curious as to how many people here have purchased a mold from this person. They look amazing and I can tell you now, unless you have a cnc machine or whatever it is he uses then you won't be able to make one. And this person specializes solely in fingerboard molds so I'm going to guess even if you were to find someone who could make you a mold with their cnc machine it wouldn't be as good as the ones this person makes. I have made countless molds, but I think I want to buy one. Sure it is a lot of money, but you think about it like this, if you sell 20 decks at 10 dollars, that's 200 dollars right there. I am thinking of selling some at local craft fairs and stuff, try and create a bit of a scene in my town.
Back to top Go down
blackhartfbs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
blackhartfbs

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply, I see your point. I am seriously thinking of ordering a mold from him.
Back to top Go down
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:22 pm

He's always made my molds. He made all the hard knox molds a couple years back for me. He made my ktown mold too. He has completely stepped his game up by adding the hole dimples and a template. You honestly can't go wrong if you're serious about making consistent decks. I'd rather deal with someone that supports fingerboarding and knows how serious it is then go to my local machinist and try to explain how crucial .5mm is.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:09 pm

This guy is the best guy in the business. He knows what he's doing, and he supports his customers 100%. He will get you exactly what you want, and he has great customer service and communication.
Back to top Go down
blackhartfbs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
blackhartfbs

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will be doing business with him for sure now.
Back to top Go down
JayyKowalski
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 am

He is very professional and quick with email. The mold itself is amazing with the consistency and the template is a plus. If you get the new ones, which I had, the hole pins are very helpful and are perfect everytime! I will warn you, the distance where the kicks start to go up on each side are a bit long so its a little different to use imo. You have to stretch your fingers more to do flips. Thats the only thing wrong with them and it bothered me very much.
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:04 am

Quote :
the distance where the kicks start to go up on each side are a bit long so its a little different to use imo. You have to stretch your fingers more to do flips. Thats the only thing wrong with them and it bothered me very much.

Suspect  its 100% custom.. soo
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 am

Trent Witcher wrote:
Quote :
the distance where the kicks start to go up on each side are a bit long so its a little different to use imo. You have to stretch your fingers more to do flips. Thats the only thing wrong with them and it bothered me very much.

Suspect  its 100% custom.. soo

Haha. 

I've only heard good things. 
Give your local CNC engineering firm a call and tell them you want one tiny mold to make a finger skateboard, and you want them to design it etc. it'll quickly run you a thousand bucks easily, that's if they don't think it's a prank call.
Back to top Go down
JayyKowalski
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 am

He bases his customers wants off a template that he already has done. He just changes them to what you want
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:29 am

JayyKowalski wrote:
He bases his customers wants off a template that he already has done. He just changes them to what you want

Suspect  right...

NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns Witche10

this isn't 100% my custom design to my exact specification down to the .01mm or anything like that its based off of something hes already done before.. u huh
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:45 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All my molds from him have been my exact dimensions too. No weird wheel base over here...
bounce 
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 pm

JayyKowalski wrote:
I will warn you, the distance where the kicks start to go up on each side are a bit long so its a little different to use imo. You have to stretch your fingers more to do flips. Thats the only thing wrong with them and it bothered me very much.

Ummm...this is called dips. Suspect They can be sharp or flowy or everything in between. The kicks and dips can even have concave if desired..
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:11 pm

jim is 100% custom if you want it a certain way he does it. if i wanna get a mold made for 58mm long small boards he can do it, just ask . he starts with a standard wheel base of like 60mm . you can have that shortened or make it longer . its called custom for a reason  very happy
Back to top Go down
mattk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
mattk

Companies : Mess
Setup : Prete 32mm, brt´s and flatface br editiom

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:36 pm

I´ll get a nfb mold in a few weeks and yeah  cheers 

SO now I want you guys to tell me what shape you prefer ...
Do you prefer a more deeper shape or low shape like cowply with a more shorter wheelsbase ?
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Well, everyone is different! 

Personally, I think there's an opening for a new deep concave deck company. Like, really deep. 
But it's all personal preference. happy
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:50 pm

^ Fatal F1 mold is about as deep as it gets happy

Theyre on ebay and the dude has an account here, he pops up from time to time.
Back to top Go down
NFBMolds
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : NFB Molds

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:29 am

All molds are 100% custom made. I do not have a "base" template. In 4 years of making molds I have never made two identical molds. I know it is hard to believe but it's true. And to be honest I am surprised it hasn't happened. The 58mm wheel base, which is measured from the center of the outside screw holes, is the most common. However, I have made them from 56 to 60mm.
If someone is unhappy with the mold I would prefer that they contact me directly. I will never know...or be able to help them if I don't know about it.

In the rare case where we can't resolve an issue simply return the mold and I will refund the full purchase price. The profit from making CNC machined molds at this price point is certainly not worth the negative feedback from an unhappy customer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfbmolds.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns   NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns Empty

Back to top Go down

NFB Mold Reviews and Concerns

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1