Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBawseWood Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BawseWood Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:20 am

BawseWood Review Img_0023

BawseWood Review Img_0024

BawseWood Review Img_0025

BawseWood Review Img_0026

So Jordan from BawseWood and I where talking and he asked if I would be down to review one of his decks. I said I would be happy to. He ended up sending me an extra 30mm deck so i will be reviewing that as well.

Setups: 33mm BawseWood, Brt Wides, WC's, FBS, G5's (Later switched to Oaks)
           30mm BawseWood, Brt Reg's, Winklers, China

Shipping: Only took 2 days. I was really impressed by his shipping speed, usually packages take upwards of a week to arrive. 10/10

First Impressions: When i opened up the package, 2 beautiful decks dropped out. Jordan had originally told me that the 33mm deck was going to be real wear. I love real wears so i was stoked. He then told me later that the deck is actually more like a Yellowood graphic deck, more than a real wear. I was completely ok with this, I enjoy YW graphics a lot. Jordan also suprised me with, as you see in the second picture, the blue signature bawsewood grain on the top ply, when he originally told me it was not going to have that. Not sure what he used to make the graphic but it looks incredible. It had a really nice lacquered bottom ply, the holes looked great,and the shape looked really interesting. The second deck, the 30mm, I noticed had a really beautiful top ply, I was almost more stoked on the top ply than the bottom. He told me this was a paper graphic, which I was really impressed by. It was nicely lacquered for a paper graphic. Shape looked awesome as well, holes looked great to. 9.5/10

Craftsmanship: Really solid crafstmanship. The roundings of the kicks were perfect. Lacquer on the bottom of both boards looked really amazing. The top of the boards had great lacquer as well. I noticed that on the middle of the side of the decks had almost missing lacquer spots. Obviously this didn't do anything performance wise. Not after a while of seshing the decks i found out that the top 4 holes on the 33mm were slightly krooked. I couldn't even tell and can't tell when im seshing that they are krooked a tad. Besides that, no complaints. The shape of these decks are really unlike other decks. Since I got these decks, ive been trying to pinpoint what this deck resembles. I still to this day can not put my finger on what this deck feels like. At first i thought it resembled a BW Wide, which it did not. Then I felt like it was an extended Woob. It did not resemble that either, so I guess it will be left a mystery. 8.5/10

Performance: For the 33mm deck, i had originally put FF G5's on there. At this point I was really getting the feel for this deck, trying to understand the shape. During testing out this deck, I traded the G5's for some Oak wheels. I put the Oak wheels on there, instantly an amazing setup. The Oaks really brought out the interesting shape the Bawsewood, and made the setup just a super solid complete that was just endless fun. The mixture of BawseWood's interesting shape, Oak wheels grippiness, the FBS' smoothness, WC's looseness, really made this a setup to remember. The 30mm deck was really nice to. Compapred to the 33mm deck it wasnt as fun, but still a super nice setup. 33mm 9.75/10, 30mm 8/10

Overall: Really interesting shape, solid craftsmanship, overall some really fun decks. 9/10

You can hit up Jordan on Insta or here at ItsMehJordan or you can visit his website at http://bawsewood.com/
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:24 am

Sweet review man !
Back to top Go down
kano1999
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
kano1999

Setup : Woob RLX
BRT's
FFz

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:26 am

Such a good review!
Back to top Go down
Itsmehjordan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Itsmehjordan

Companies : BAWSEUSA.com
Setup :

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:55 am

Love it! Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
http://bawseusa.com
DarkSideDanger
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DarkSideDanger

Companies : Brutal Fingerboards, Overbird
Setup : Berlinwood wide low Star Wars
Brt wide black trucks
New Foamy greatness tape
Witchcraft tuning w/ risers
Flow wheels
All quality

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 am

No affraid 

Last edited by DarkSideDanger on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkSideDanger
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DarkSideDanger

Companies : Brutal Fingerboards, Overbird
Setup : Berlinwood wide low Star Wars
Brt wide black trucks
New Foamy greatness tape
Witchcraft tuning w/ risers
Flow wheels
All quality

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:27 pm

geek cyclops that's sick

Last edited by DarkSideDanger on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 pm

DarkSideDanger wrote:
Invest in some witchcraft bushings and foamy greatness tape. You could put these 2 items on a '99 tech deck with some bearing wheels and it'd be your favorite set up. Do it. like $10 for brutal witchcraft bushings and $15 for foamy greatness from some European store. Those prices are w/ shipping.  Nice set up like that should have this.

As i said, the 33mm deck already has Witchcrafts wink 
Back to top Go down
Stacked
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Stacked

Companies : Stacked
Setup : Sb- blank 8.5 deck, Indy white 149s, Knox hardware, bones Swiss bearings, bones SPF V4 54mm wheels, mob grip

Fb- STACKED cruiser, white brt wides, ff g4 brr wheels, fbs tape, WITCHCRAFT666 bushings of death

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:03 am

solid review bic boi
Back to top Go down
https://stackeddecks.bigcartel.com/
K-A12
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
K-A12

Companies : 1-UP Fingerboards
Setup : 1-UP 33.5mm
Brts wide silver
Flatface clear blem z wheels with one brr edition gold
Wc bushings teal

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:55 am

That detailed!
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:13 am

phat review
Back to top Go down
Snorkel
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Snorkel

Companies : FlatFace, Krom
Setup : Emanent Battle of the Beast deck, YTrucks White X3, Witchcraft bushings, Oak Wheels RV Original Whites, Riptape.

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:28 pm

A little late, but awesome review! Definitely looking into getting a Bawsewood!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BawseWood Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: BawseWood Review   BawseWood Review Empty

Back to top Go down

BawseWood Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1