Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSo what's the news... what do I buy Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what's the news... what do I buy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

So what's the news... what do I buy Empty
PostSubject: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Been a while... and looking at getting a new setup to start fbing again. Ive settled for ytrucks with oak wheels but what deck? Who's good these days and can can i still get my hands on a blossom?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Zinks are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Anything in the moving banner is good.
Back to top Go down
Roxas
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Roxas

Setup : Prete 6009 31mm
Brr trucks regs with brt black bushings
Flatface Brr edition Green and black wheels
Foamy greatness

Awwwww yeah~

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:53 pm

Welcome back! I remember you, I didn't know you took a break :0 but regardless, I'm glad you're picking the board back up.
Honestly if you can somehow get one I REALLY recommend a prete, god these things are beauties.
If not, there's: Pure, beastpants, Fatman, berlinwood, Zink, Flatface, Cowply, and soooooooo many other good brands that are as people said, right up in the moving banner! I hope you find something you like aha. ^_^
Back to top Go down
IeuanRees
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
IeuanRees

Setup : Slim and Catchy
Fatman
YTruck X4's
Oak Spirals

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Rep a UK brand, definitely the way to go in my opinion. It helps that there's some beauties out there! Got my fatman and that's amazing, and there's always the shout of a blosom
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:05 am

yup, blosom's still around wink
Back to top Go down
Praibis
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Praibis

Setup : Tech deck

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 6:48 am

Since you are a UK lad, you should order a deck from TNP.

http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk/#!decks/ckwq
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/praibis
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:22 am

Any of the brands being mentioned here are great. If it's cheaper/easier for ya ordering from the UK, TNP currently have Zink decks in stock, which are fantastic.

If you're looking for something that gives you a bit more control, I love using a Woob relaxed shape, but personally find it benefits from having BRTs rather than Ytrucks, feels more balanced to me at least.

For vert/transition, look no further than Brutal. Trent is the master of old school, and if you feel like changing it up, his decks are superb... Especially if you go the whole way and fit risers/longer hardware.

If the unusual, exotic or just damned beautiful is more your thing, some of the split ply stuff being produced right now is at another level. For something abstract, Pure produce some of the cleanest, most fun to use decks I've come across.

And if you're prepared to wait, BeastPants decks are some of the most finely crafted things I've ever seen, although stocks tend to be every few months... I can only imagine the amount of time that goes into the production of one, so it's unsurprising that there are a fairly limited number.

Lastly, if you're the kind of guy who likes something different, try looking at Queens Decks or Lovedrug. Both amazing in their own way!
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 am

yo gilly i remember you! infact i still have a set of no logos that ive never opened in my collection!
hope u can clear up any old issues you have with anyone!

frosties advice is spot on! Blosoms are still available, although ross isnt really on here anymore, hes recently updated the blog an has decks on stock!

nice to see your getting back into fingerboarding!
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:12 am

eddie.. you aint far from me bro im in Dudley very happy I want a blossom need to get in touch with ross...... yer im sorting everything out too... clearing my name is my main priority.. felt bad vanishing but was out of my control at the time sad . Times have changed and now im gonna fix what went wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

Companies : Unique Decks

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:24 am

my favs right now are woob rlx (if you could get ahold of one) flatface g14s, bw wide, and of course unique
Back to top Go down
http://uniquedecks.co
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:47 pm

There is a blossom on american eBay 50 bucks
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:03 pm

IT'S THE NO LOGO BUSHINGS MAN! It has been a while..!

I'd go to http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk/ and have a look round there, large variety of decks and products, There's one last Zink that I would recommend going for shocked

Good to see you back
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:03 pm

I would recommend a q deck they have different molds too so you can find your preference but imo go get a homewood
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:07 pm

woob, yellowood, berlinwood, beastpants (if you can find one), zink, compiny, and I just saw queens decks which look really nice. just a few suggestions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's the news... what do I buy   So what's the news... what do I buy Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's the news... what do I buy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1