Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Itsmehjordan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Itsmehjordan

Companies : BAWSEUSA.com
Setup :

FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY Empty
PostSubject: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:01 pm

http://welsh-technology.org.uk/prodeckworkshop/

I honestly have to say that this is the worst thing ive ever seen.

FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY Image11
Back to top Go down
http://bawseusa.com
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Cooler than a package of 5 Tech Decks. Plus, it's just a toy for kids...
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm

im going to get one and start a company with it
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:51 pm

So let me get this straight.
The box comes with veneer, 26 mm trucks, plastic wheels, the mold, some graphic maker, and a shaping wheel. Let's see how many companies pop up because of this.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:29 pm

This thing has existed forever.
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:03 pm

It's not something I'd ever buy for myself, but I'd totally get it for the kiddos I babysit.
It's just one of those fun little kids toys tongue
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:28 pm

i don't see a problem with this at all...

Last edited by JessM on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:54 pm

They have sold those in the toy shop near me for ages.

Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:15 pm

damit your guys know how red wolfs are made now ):
Back to top Go down
Tomé Martins
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Tomé Martins

Setup : FF G14
Brt Wides
Tky's
Ywheels DualW
FBS

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:17 am

Red Wolf FBS wrote:
damit your guys know how red wolfs are made now ):
The truth has to be said  afro
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:55 am

that is kinda awesome for like little kids. no need to hate on it, it's just a toy for kids. sorry they can't make as nice decks as you and don't have everything and all the money to do so.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:59 am

milk wrote:
that is kinda awesome for like little kids. no need to hate on it, it's just a toy for kids. sorry they can't make as nice decks as you and don't have everything and all the money to do so.

No kidding, right? I'm surprised kids start fingerboarding at all these days with all the elitism in the scene...
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:18 am

I don't understand why people are saying there is elitism within the scene...
That couldn't be farther from the truth. Some people act more cocky than others, but that's human nature and varies from person to person obviously. The more you're involved the more attention you will get, which can lead to big heads for some... But I don't see this claim of elitism hardly ever.

I feel like these negative comments and threads are the problem,
not some false claim of elitism on people who are dedicated and support the scene.
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:22 am

deejaydestroy wrote:
That couldn't be farther from the truth. Some people act more cocky than others, but that's human nature and varies from person to person obviously.  The more you're involved the more attention you will get, which can lead to big heads for some... But I don't see this claim of elitism hardly ever.

not some false claim of elitism on people who are dedicated and support the scene.
i feel especially on this forum there's a lot of elitism, not as much on the yt scene though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 am

deejaydestroy wrote:
That couldn't be farther from the truth. Some people act more cocky than others, but that's human nature and varies from person to person obviously.  The more you're involved the more attention you will get, which can lead to big heads for some... But I don't see this claim of elitism hardly ever.

Negative threads and comments are precisely the elitism I'm talking about. This product is geared towards children, much like Tech Deck products. Why should people who, for lack of a better phrase, take fingerboarding seriously have such strong opinions on a kids toy? If anything, this toy will lead a few kids to learning to make actually good fingerboards. What's wrong with that?
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 am

when you put time, effort, and dedication into anything do you not feel good about your self?
in any sport, job, skatepark, anything really... as you do it over time do you not get some sort of seniority or respect for that time and dedication?

im not saying there arent poor attitudes, youll never escape poor attitudes...
and im not saying with seniority comes power either, but a sense of respect is probably due wouldnt ya think?

would you got up to micheal jordan and tell him he was a terrible basketball player and accuse him of elitism?
would you go up to mike and tell him all his efforts for fingerboarding are pointless and he is an elitist?

nope.

and im all for this product, and anything fb related to aspire kids to get one of thier own, thats not the issue. i was just addressing the "elitism" comment.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:36 am

deejaydestroy wrote:
when you put time, effort, and dedication into anything do you not feel good about your self?
in any sport, job, skatepark, anything really... as you do it over time do you not get some sort of seniority or respect for that time and dedication?

im not saying there arent poor attitudes, youll never escape poor attitudes...
and im not saying with seniority comes power either, but a sense of respect is probably due wouldnt ya think?

would you got up to micheal jordan and tell him he was a terrible basketball player and accuse him of elitism?
would you go up to mike and tell him all his efforts for fingerboarding are pointless and he is an elitist?

nope.

The poor attitudes are the elitism. Elitism comes from a "greater than thou" attitude. I wouldn't classify either of those people as elitists, so no. Neither of them would shun a noob for trying. Maybe they'd give advice, but I doubt they'd be a dick about it. And I'm sure both of them would be advocates of getting younger kids interested in their sport or hobby.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:44 am

ill agree that there are a few people (not naming names) that generally have a poor attitude, and could be a little more patient when giving advice and things of that nature. but at the same time, youve got to understand the amount of spam from the so called "noobs." when making an account to this forum, as it says... you must read and follow the rules. a thread i feel is rarely opened. no rules arent fun and can be annoying, but they help the overall functionality of the forum and make it much more user friendly when followed.

So all in all, imo it goes hand in hand.
if people want less negative energy, bring less negative energy.
if "noobs" would like to join the community, read and follow the like 8 simple rules...

when i joined this forum, i was never treated negatively, largely because i followed the damn rules.
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 am

Did anyone else watch that whole video :l
Back to top Go down
Praibis
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Praibis

Setup : Tech deck

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:28 am

This is awesome! Lol, why are you guys hating? The set costs ca. 10 pounds shipped...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/praibis
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:30 pm

I would have been so hyped to get this shit when I was like 9.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 1:34 pm

It looks pretty awesome tbh haha
Back to top Go down
Sync
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sync

Setup : FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCT1rJn5v020_nIMFkTsbXYqO-pG-zJqYyUlXePN0bqHTUID2dbg

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Bobbernaut wrote:
It looks pretty awesome tbh haha
I just bought 3 of them.
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:20 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

Setup : Cowply 33mm
wide brts/med oringz&witchcrafts
Nolliewheels little stones
mob grip

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:42 pm

I think this is pretty cool! for anyone getting into fingerboarding this is a pretty good option with techdecks very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY   FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY Empty

Back to top Go down

FINGERBOARD MAKING AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next