Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat happened?  Companies - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened? Companies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

What happened?  Companies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 pm

filmer.fb wrote:
when new users never got judged, or some shit?

I don't know what era of fingerboarding you are referring to, because there has never been a time in the fingerboarding scene when new users weren't judged... that's just part of being involved in a hobby that relies on the internet as a way of keeping its scene together. People, new or old, are gonna be judged. It's your job to be one of the people who doesn't judge... but either way, there's still gonna be those rotten eggs who judge people for who knows what reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Praibis wrote:
What happened to Aphlikshun fingerboards?! He sells rc stuff (I believe) haha...

I traded with the Tradecraft guy here 1 month ago, Chris Torres
Lol yeah it's a shame Aphlikshun is gone.
But Chris Torres doesn't own Tradecraft haha, he owns Stacked.
Back to top Go down
filmer.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
filmer.fb

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:07 pm

JessM wrote:
filmer.fb wrote:

I don't know what era of fingerboarding you are referring to, because there has never been a time in the fingerboarding scene when new users weren't judged... that's just part of being involved in a hobby that relies on the internet as a way of keeping its scene together. People, new or old, are gonna be judged. It's your job to be one of the people who doesn't judge... but either way, there's still gonna be those rotten eggs who judge people for who knows what reason.

Okie dokie, kiddo.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:17 pm

I was told by Lynn (owner of Private Press) at the beginning of summer that he was working on new decks, since he had been busy before. But so far no news sad
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 pm

filmer.fb wrote:
JessM wrote:
filmer.fb wrote:

Okie dokie, kiddo.

I'm not the one being a "kiddo" here.
Back to top Go down
GregFriedrich
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GregFriedrich

Setup : Berlinwood Wide Low/DK/Primitive
BRT wides
FF BRR Edition
FBS

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Loling hard.
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 10:25 pm

GregFriedrich wrote:
Loling hard.
qft
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

What happened?  Companies - Page 2 Popcorn3.gif.pagespeed.ce.hQ1Jr5lGTJ
Back to top Go down
GregFriedrich
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GregFriedrich

BRT wides
FF BRR Edition
FBS

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 pm

filmer.fb wrote:
Okie dokie, kiddo.

Stop being a sassy little child, especially to Jess. You're new. You will be judged. That was FFI, that is FBHQ, that is life! Life is unfair isn't it? Stop acting like you're 7

When I joined FFI I was judged like a motherfucker. Legitimately like bullied (lol) by a few people. Shit happens. 

Other people joined FFI and posted like in every topic, everyday and were just too active to be new members and it was weird.

Kyle Friend got shit on. Sydney definitely got shit on. I got shit on. Hell, even Jess got shit on when he first got on FFI (which was before my time I think, but we spoke about it today)

It's just life. Your response to Jess made you look like an immature kid. Get a grip

~ end rant
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:59 pm

Melvin A Thomas wrote:
Temple
Board kennel
No comply.

temple is still here. I was just chatting with ryan a few days ago and I'm getting a deck from him.

for no comply they still sell wheels on homewood: http://www.homewoodfb.com/no-comply-lab-wheels-extra-hard/

but i'm pretty sure however no comply is dead

as for board kennel i have no idea, i think it's dead
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:45 am

Praibis wrote:
What happened to Aphlikshun fingerboards?! He sells rc stuff (I believe) haha...

I traded with the Tradecraft guy here 1 month ago, Chris Torres

Aphlikshun still sells a few fingerboard things. And by a few, I mean two benches, No Comply wheels, and some China wheels at:
http://aphlikshunfingerboards.com/

The owner has a full time job and used to make AFX stuff in his free time. Now, he's gone more towards his other passion (RC cars) :/
Such a pitty... his ramps were sooo nice.
Back to top Go down
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:22 am

Holy fuck Board kennel! Jesus you just brought back a ton of memories to me! Adam Longhair that dudes name was? Fuck. I remember him sending a batch of decks to peter from reks distribution back in 08 or early 2009 and they kicked ass. I got a metal bottom. Then he ordered a batch of like 20 or 30 and a lot of them sucked. Holes off etc. I know he got into selling decks on ebay for a while, then disappeared. Damn.

Who cares what happened to prowood and zshred though? They were never really involved with the scene. Seemed like a business only type deal to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 am

AirfloDave wrote:
Holy fuck Board kennel! Jesus you just brought back a ton of memories to me! Adam Longhair that dudes name was? Fuck. I remember him sending a batch of decks to peter from reks distribution back in 08 or early 2009 and they kicked ass. I got a metal bottom. Then he ordered a batch of like 20 or 30 and a lot of them sucked. Holes off etc. I know he got into selling decks on ebay for a while, then disappeared. Damn.

Who cares what happened to prowood and zshred though? They were never really involved with the scene. Seemed like a business only type deal to me.

What happened?  Companies - Page 2 1522
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
filmer.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
filmer.fb

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:19 am

Trent Witcher wrote:
AirfloDave wrote:

What happened?  Companies - Page 2 1522

I really was being sarcastic, I wanted to see if you guys would catch on.. wink
..joking aside.

Anyone remember;

Shortwood, Inexp, Flaked, Thumbs Up Fingerboards??(the ones that made fingerboard parks, that you could rent.)
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:54 am

Love Flaked, wish they were a more active company. My favorite deck was my Flaked until my buddy stepped on it..

Lol, Board Kennel was awesome. One of the graphics was from my old local skateshop (called Board Kennel). Sickest shop.
Back to top Go down
Redemption
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Redemption

Companies : Redemption Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Reks was sick! I miss that company! memories
Back to top Go down
http://www.redemptionfb.com
GregFriedrich
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GregFriedrich

BRT wides
FF BRR Edition
FBS

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Sow Distribution. Reks Decks and Distribution were dope. O-Wood.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Yeah Peter was a great guy. Shame he disappeared. I think college took up his time?
Back to top Go down
Redemption
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Redemption

Companies : Redemption Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:46 am

Anchor tape? That was Peter Reks, right? My memory is awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redemptionfb.com
filmer.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
filmer.fb

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:47 am

What about Sunday Fingerboards? Scott B Decks?
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:48 am

We all still miss Morningwood, Lunarbomb, Arctic, Primo, and so many other legit companies from back then.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:55 am

JessM wrote:
We all still miss Morningwood, Lunarbomb, Arctic, Primo, and so many other legit companies from back then.
thought alot of people got pissed at morningwood people they sold deck with holes off and such and some people next got decks they ordered from what i remember
Back to top Go down
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:01 am

Ryan wrote:
Yeah Peter was a great guy. Shame he disappeared. I think college took up his time?

Kind of. First it was band then basically he just stopped fingerboarding. I just talked to him super briefly a few weeks ago.

@ redemption- Peter was like the third person to buy anchor, and technically I think he still owns it. Anchor was first Garrison Saenz (SP.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
Gabe fingerboarding
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Gabe fingerboarding

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:03 am

Fapwood
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 am

Who owned Summit? I have been trying to remember his name forever and I just can't seem to...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened? Companies   What happened?  Companies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened? Companies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next