Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalI may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete Empty
PostSubject: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 3:44 am

Hey guys I am new to this forum and a first time fingerboarder. I can't skate right now because I recently broke my foot. I discovered fingerboarding and decided to pick it up as a way to fulfill my appetite for shredding. I received my brand new berlinwood complete in the mail today and I had trouble setting it up, apparently they are not as forgiving as skateboards. When installing the blackriver trucks I managed to strip them, and just when I thought things could not get any worse I noticed that two of my winkler wheels do not spin. The bearings do not work right on them, is this a common issue? I am having trouble keeping my back truck on the board since it is stripped, so I had to apply a small amount of gorilla glue on it. My first experience with fingerboarding has gone to shit, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 4:50 am

Havnt heard a lot of people having issues with winkler wheels. The axle on BR trucks spins and is removable. You may just have one side tightened too much and the axle has drifted to one side keeping the wheel from spinning. I would suggest removing all wheels and nuts, centering the axles and reinstalling the wheels tightening each side evenly. BR trucks have lock nuts so you dont need to tighten till they stop. Since you said you bought a brand new complete I'm assuming the winkler wheels are BR compatible and if the two wheels that aren't spinning are 1 on each truck, it's probably the issue I explained above.

As far as the stripped baseplate goes, try this link with two methods for fixing it.
http://www.fingerboardhq.net/t10297-how-to-fix-your-stripped-baseplates?highlight=Stripped+baseplate
If neither of those work you may have to invest in a new set of baseplates (ouch!) and not hulk out on them.

Hope this helps.
-Jason
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:44 am

if you're new to fingerboarding,don't start fingerboarding with expensive setup, unless you have the fingerboarding experience , this happens to lot of people, trying to buy a new stylish looking setup and later , the things don't work for them and they decided to quit. I hope you're problem will be solved.
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:41 am

this is why you don't use expensive setups fresh into fingerboarding, start out with a tech deck and work your way up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:10 am

yeah, that sucks...
It's too late now, but here's some beginners instruction for the next time wink
German | English
Back to top Go down
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:44 am

Ok thanks guys, I just centered the axles like jason suggested and the two wheels still do not spin as well as the other two, they must be duds? I will contact blackriver and get some new baseplates. As far as buying a cheap setup goes, I originally ordered a star fingerboard and a berlinwood complete, the plan was to wait until I was good enough to use the Berlinwood, but the star fingerboard still hasn't came in the mail yet, and I couldn't wait. I used to use tech decks, but that was almost 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 am

Wow I just tried the calculator screw method and it worked
Back to top Go down
TSM WILDTURTLE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TSM WILDTURTLE

Setup : OG Decks V4 Icy Blue
Creamy Goo
TD Wides w/ White Baseplates
Translucent Wheels
Teak Release happy

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 am

Star fingerboard, bad idea. Starting with a berlinwood wouldn't be too bad, maybe a little prior research would've done you some good as to know how to set it up properly, etc.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Why would you want to use a piece of shit if you had a better setup? Reality check please. Sorry to sound like a cock
Back to top Go down
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Well I like to skate random objects, for instance the other day I was trying to grind on this rail that was on the ledge of a parking garage, it was 4 stories up, I wasn't going to use my berlinwood and risk dropping it 4 stories, so I used a techdech, and sure enough, I ended up dropping it off the edge. My point is, I would like to leave my good setup at home, and have something cheap and reliable to carry around.
Back to top Go down
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Well I like to skate random objects, for instance the other day I was trying to grind on this rail that was on the ledge of a parking garage, it was 4 stories up, I wasn't going to use my berlinwood and risk dropping it 4 stories, so I used a techdech, and sure enough, I ended up dropping it off the edge. My point is, I would like to leave my good setup at home, and have something cheap and reliable to carry around.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 pm

^Yeah I completely understand this, I'd keep the berlinwood for indoor/desk use etc and then use the star complete as an outdoor/trash setup happy

Star complete's are mass produced in china, which is why everyone hates them haha. No harm in using one as a beginner outdoor setup though!

The wheels, are the nuts overtightened? If they're still not working then contact BRR and they should be able to replace them or something
Back to top Go down
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Ok, cool thanks man I appreciate it! And the two wheels out of the set just don't seem to be working right, I am contacting BRR today, im sure it will get solved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete   I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete Empty

Back to top Go down

I may have just ruined my new Berlinwood complete

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1