Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 13 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mcdonaldstechdeck
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
mcdonaldstechdeck

Quick Questions - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 am

Need to know some smooth concrete or what kind of varnish to use on a concrete bowl
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 3:09 am

Anyone own a D rex ledge dos? Been oddly wanting one lately and wondering if it is actually worth getting. Looks cool, but also like it could just be really big and expensive, but not all that great.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 3:26 am

jimydave wrote:
well, it could happen because brt's are powder coated, and they do make glow in the dark powder coat.

They should make them, honestly i think they would sell like crazy
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 3:40 am

could a mod let me know if it would be okay to put a clash of clans account up for sale in the off topics section? i haven't been accepted to BST even though i applied and am unsure if there is a thread there specifically for selling non-fingerboard related items.. bounce

Last edited by g.fb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 4:09 am

g.fb wrote:
could a mod let me know if it would be okay to put a clash of clans account up for sale in the off topics section? i haven't been accepted to BST even though i applied and am unsure if there is a thread there specifically for selling non-fingerboard related items.. bounce

Although I am not a mod, selling anything in other sections of the forum is strongly discouraged and such sales threads will be locked. There was a reason the BST section is restricted to accepted members although it's trying to just be like FFI and it isn't doing jack against scammers.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 am

skatemaster231 wrote:
g.fb wrote:

Although I am not a mod, selling anything in other sections of the forum is strongly discouraged and such sales threads will be locked. There was a reason the BST section is restricted to accepted members although it's trying to just be like FFI and it isn't doing jack against scammers.

Yeah I'm gonna say no.

FFImaster231, FFI restricted access to the entire forum, not just the place to buy second hand tech decks
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 7:18 pm

It was a really bad joke that wasn't thought out......

Quick question how do you sand out wheelwells? Tired of having wheel bite.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:20 am

@urbanjump: I was actually going to buy one myself last week but pulled out just at the last second due to similar reasons. It looks freaking bad ass but like you said its pretty damn huge and would take up a lot of space. Better off investing in several smaller, more versatile items I reckon.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Brutal Custom:

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:17 am

I got a loading dock for now and probably gunna cop the rad off legacy. The loading dock, drex ledge, and new stairset are all on my to-get list afro
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:30 am

The new stair set is boss!!! Easily one of the best Blackriver products of all time.
Nice dude, the loading dock is pretty damn fun too afro

- Jono
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 5:28 am

@urbanjump iv been looking into getting a loading dock, is it worth it?!
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Brutal Custom:

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 5:41 am

I'll letcha know when I get it. Just ordered today.
Back to top Go down
Off3r
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Off3r

Companies : Coffee decks
Setup : COFFEEDECK-YT-YW

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 8:31 am

Is there a new tech deck size out? O_o
i was shopping birthday present for my son and i think i saw a tech deck that was wider and like 100mm long, higher kicks and some concave. I think i need to go back i buy one just fo fun !

I think it was one like this:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171787088064&alt=web
Back to top Go down
Nick van Doleweerd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Nick van Doleweerd

Setup :
Cowply c2
brt
oak bowls
creamy goo Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:39 am

yeah they have 29mm and 32mm series out for a while now, but kinda hard to find , atleast in the netherlands.. :/
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:57 pm

Where is taylor rosenbauer ? I like his style but the videos are "old"
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:54 pm

rvlt wrote:
busy with life
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 3:41 am

Anyone know of any companies that make 33mm decks with a even(ish) rounded kicks, and medium to deep concave? I am using a Roswell RD-2 shape at the moment and that is JUST a fraction too deep for me (but otherwise pretty damn perfect). I have tried Yellowood and Roswell RD-5's but both are a bit too mellow for me. I have seen Homewood's 'high kick' shape which looks just about perfect but I am open to other suggestions.

Cheers.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 4:01 am

DoubleDigits wrote:
Anyone know of any companies that make 33mm decks with a even(ish) rounded kicks, and medium to deep concave? I am using a Roswell RD-2 shape at the moment and that is JUST a fraction too deep for me (but otherwise pretty damn perfect). I have tried Yellowood and Roswell RD-5's but both are a bit too mellow for me. I have seen Homewood's 'high kick' shape which looks just about perfect but I am open to other suggestions.

Cheers.

- Jono

Skate Candy makes 33 mm decks and the concave is a bit mellower than the RD-2 shape. You could also try Dank Decks if Jimmy is still around.
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:49 am

meekin wrote:
rvlt wrote:
busy with life
Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 pm

I'd go with the Homewood personally. Sick graphics, excellently crafted decks and a really professional company (plus the packaging is really really good). I have a custom low mold with the old smokestack graphic and I love it. lovely rounding on the kicks, excellent pop, really a great deck.

I think homewood are somewhat underrated for the quality and quantity they put out. Very few decks are limited edition which I like. I hate how the good deck makers sell out in such a short time :/
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 am

@Concept: I think I am going to go with the Homewood. Like you said the graphics are amazing (and real wear too!)...they remind me of a mix between Toy Machine and Consolidated... and the Smoke Stack logo is AWESOME!

I completely agree about them being underrated in the sense they look truly well crafted, are fair priced and very few people seem to be riding them.

- Jono

Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:40 pm

The smokestack logo is one of the graphics that I think is a classic of fingerboarding. If I still skated I would love to rock one on a full size board too very happy

It's a solid choice, and if (hmmm, beginning to feel like a sales rep!) you had a few extra bucks the custom options are pretty cool. I'd love to see what a graphic printed on an exotic ply wears like (I realise you're buying this deck for yourself but I'm totally shopping vicariously through you very happy). Whatever you decide post pics in the newest setups thread happy
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Oh, I had a question!

Has anyone tried a Flint that can give some feedback? because I'm sorely tempted...
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

Companies : work in progress
Setup : cowply c2
brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Looking into getting some FF dual duros, wondering if anyone knows if theyre good?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Concept wrote:
Oh, I had a question!

Has anyone tried a Flint that can give some feedback? because I'm sorely tempted...

I'm curious as well. They look super rad
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next