Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRandom Flood Story Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Flood Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

Random Flood Story Empty
PostSubject: Random Flood Story   Random Flood Story EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:10 am

So my shit got EFFED THE EFF up the two days ago. Some of you guys know I opened up my own parkour gym about a month ago. (www.thewaypk.com)

Anyways, the warehouse area (where all the obstacles are and where the magic happens) gets pretty hot. Especially lately with 108 degree days in Cali. So we bought a swamp cooler. The damn thing cost us an arm and a leg, but almost cost us the whole gym. More on that in a sec.

A swamp cooler is basically a big water-filled fan. The water is pumped down cooling pads to wet them, then when air is sucked past the cooling pads, the cold water makes the air effing cold and blows out a crap ton of it into whatever you're trying to cool. You run a hose to the thing to keep it filled with water.

So we hook it up, run the water line to it inside the gym. She's working great. Run it for the rest of the night until closing. Bang. Boom. Done.

I get a call from my business partner in the morning. The fucking water pipe blew the hose attachment off during the night. He showed up to open, and was greeted by the whole gym being flooded by about an inch of water. It was even pushing into our entry office space and soaking the carpets. The pipe is burst, just spewing water like mad. He gets the valve shut off but all our shit is in water. Our obstacles are all made of wood. We have spring floor, etc. (You can see what the place looks like on the website) So obviously not a good situation at all.

We had to cancel all our classes for the day and spend morning until night pushing water out and drying EVERYTHING. Getting inside the obstacles, getting any water out and dried on the inside. Had to pull up our entire spring floor. Were contacting our insurance agent etc. just in case we have damaged stuff. Got flood fans the neighboring business let us use blowing all day.

Luckily everything was saved. Good thing too, because come to find out our insurance binder never included business property/ property insurance (like WTF!?) Was definitely under the impression we had that. We NEED THAT for our lease anyway. So pissed about the insurance now too, but happy things were ok.

Anyways, crazy ass day, standing out front of the gym close to leaving at like 11 pm while on the phone, and a fucking sprinkler explodes. An insane amount of water just starts shooting straight up out of the grass, up to our awning, and ricocheting against the front glass. Scares the jesus out of me, I'm rushing to get the front door closed so more water doesn't go into the gym/entry office, just getting soaked, it's so loud I can't even hear myself yelling. So sick of water at this point. The whole front of our spot is flooding into the parking lot. Like WHAT. THE. HELL. Such an unlucky day for water. In a dang drought too.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Random Flood Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Flood Story   Random Flood Story EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:01 pm

ahh man that sucks urbanjump

glad you have managed to get it all sorted without too much damage though!

hope the rant on here has helped calm you down happy
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

Random Flood Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Flood Story   Random Flood Story EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:00 pm

That really does suck. Glad to read you got it sorted though man!

Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

Random Flood Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Flood Story   Random Flood Story EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Things were pretty positive during the whole cleanup. Just thought people might enjoy a story very happy
Thanks for the support dudes.
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

Random Flood Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Flood Story   Random Flood Story EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Damn water is scary. Just realize how ironic it is that you're in Cali and this happened. Anyway glad to see you got everything sorted and nothing is badly damaged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Flood Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Flood Story   Random Flood Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Flood Story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1