Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQUIET COLLECTIVE Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUIET COLLECTIVE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Okay so this has been a brainchild of mine for probably over a year now. My own one-of, sculpture and painting oriented obstacles, as well as a blog serving as a place for others to sell their own one-of pieces. There is more to read about it on the blog here: http://quietfb.blogspot.com/
It would be my hope that others take advantage of this, but I'm guessing I'll probably just be selling my stuff on here haha.

Anyways, here is the first object:

QUIET COLLECTIVE IMG_2623

more photos on the blog! I have two more done and ready for posting shortly.
http://quietfb.blogspot.com/2015/07/hello-all-is-first-object-i-have-up-for.html

Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 pm

whut kind of acid are you dropping? rendeer I can hear my antlers growing.
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 pm

what a joke this is
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Haha..lovin' it! flower
Back to top Go down
SteepHillFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SteepHillFB

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 12:29 am

Looks sick! Pretty rare to find someone who is into hand sculpting their own projects, etc.

But why all the hate? It's creative. It may not look like something that popped out of the hands of Mike Schneider or Elias Assmuth, but it's awesome!

Keep doing what you're doing, lookin' good!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 12:36 am

Cool idea, not sure about the price tag though!
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 12:44 am

Danny Hynam wrote:
Cool idea, not sure about the price tag though!
yeah for sure, wasn't really sure how much to make it. Email format makes haggling easy tongue
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:06 am

looks interesting, but can you tell me how this is different than just buying a much cheaper, smoother, and more even ledge from another company like level ledges or blackriver? i get that it's supposed to be art or something but i can't help but notice it's lacking a bit in usability and price when compared to the competition. that said, best of luck with your company.
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:31 am

milk wrote:
looks interesting, but can you tell me how this is different than just buying a much cheaper, smoother, and more even ledge from another company like level ledges or blackriver? i get that it's supposed to be art or something but i can't help but notice it's lacking a bit in usability and price when compared to the competition. that said, best of luck with your company.

I guess its different because you're getting something theres only one of? If you don't get it you don't get it haha. Its unique looking I guess, but from a fully functional standpoint, you aren't getting that funky coping anywhere else I guarantee. There is also the shape of the ledge and small nuances that would allow for more options than just a straight ledge. I buy brr ramps and think that if you have a limited budget for your park or are looking for one thing you want to use all the time and be perfect for getting endless hard tricks on, then you should buy brr ramps. This is more geared towards people who probably already have their fair share of perfectly good obstacles looking for something with a little change of pace. I've been fingerboarding more than half my life, i have plenty of good ledges, but I would definitely be stoked to buy a unique ledge with a painting on it or something.
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 am

I still can't wrap my mind around how to sesh this thing.....

Price seems a little steep but the floral coping itself is worth the asking price.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 3:02 am

I really dig this idea, man. The idea of an obstacle marketplace for handmade stuff is really cool! Could branch out into a handmade, one-of-a-kind FB marketplace. Keep it up, for sure dude!
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 3:39 am

Robert wrote:
I really dig this idea, man. The idea of an obstacle marketplace for handmade stuff is really cool! Could branch out into a handmade, one-of-a-kind FB marketplace. Keep it up, for sure dude!
Thanks man! Yeah thats totally the idea! not just for obstacles, anything fingerboard related, or even like relics of stuff like an empty bottle of resin from timo or something haha, or art of fingerboarders like prints of their paintings or albums. I just see SO much talent in making and craftsmanship in fingerboarding and less artistic influence and expressionism than we have the potential for. I want illustrations and architectural aesthetic to play a comparable role in my obstacles to music in a video I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:23 am

kyle ashley wrote:
what a joke this is

dammit kyle, why you always gotta be like that,cheer up dude XD

I like the idea but it does need refined parrish happy kepp it up
Back to top Go down
didi.kid
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
didi.kid

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 1:58 pm

After seing the video I finally understood how it was suposed to be used.
Over all, I like the idea of one of a kind product and re-used materials ... but I wouldn't pay anything for one obtacle like this .
I know you are trying to be artistic and you kinda did it : I like the unusual shape... that shape of obstacle could actually work... but you glued just a bunch of things you found and it just doesn't look good ! If you had made an wooden base instead of that granite it would have some style and could look like a professional ramp. Also it would reduce some weight!

The look of the ramp is REALLY important , because that's what makes people buy it in first place... When you see a deck with an awesome graphic, even if you never tried the brand, you feel like you have to buy it. The same happens with this . Not impressed , sorry.
Hope I made my point!
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 3:27 pm

very interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUIET COLLECTIVE   QUIET COLLECTIVE Empty

Back to top Go down

QUIET COLLECTIVE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1