Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackMarketFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
BlackMarketFingerboards

Companies : BlackMarket Fingerboards

BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". Empty
PostSubject: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:09 am

Yeah...
So a couple of days ago, I (owner of BlackMarket Fingerboards), tried making a 6 ply deck, as opposed to 5. Now, I believe it was OakWood? Or MapleWood? Who did the first 7 ply deck, I remember seeing some 6 months ago, and I HEARD Redemption did to. Now, apparently, these decks weren't being sold in massive quantities, and alas they aren't, in fact, it seems the "fingerboard community" knows little about them, being no one has one, wink.

Now, as a kind of fluke, I tried using 6 plies, based off of an idea I came up with and ONLY I. I never got the idea from seeing 7 ply decks, in fact, was I only reminded of the higher-ply decks when I looked up "----ply fingerboard" on YouTube.
So, like I was saying, we are the FIRST makers of the 6 ply deck (from what anyone can tell), and I already am starting to hear other companies mention "Hmmm...Thats very cool..." and try to get more info into them.

Now, what I can say, is that we are now pretty much only doing 6 ply decks! You have an option to lower the plies instead of before, where you could raise it.

We feel these decks keep and maintain the shape VERY well, are are MUCH stronger. If you read before, we like to keep things to a "science"...We feel these points listed below are accurately measured, and written in percentages.

Pop compared to our normal 5 ply: Went up by 20%
Strength: 25%
Performance as compared to before: Maybe a bit higher than regular (we will get to that later)
Ease Of Use: Same.

Now, the cool thing about these 6 ply decks: They are not actually that "thick seeming" compared to our 5 Ply Decks: The wood we currently use, we based off of weight, density, strength, malleability, and ease-of-use (to work with).
We figured out that Oak is lighter, just as "dense" as maple can be (when worked with well), and performs "just as good".

Well, with the 6 ply deck: You essentially get the lightness of the 5 plies, the shape is not affected, the ease of use to work with was pretty much the same, but the strength and pop went up significantly.

So, basically, all this being said: I would like to know peoples thoughts on our new "6 Ply Boards", because some people have been sketchy about the thought of it.
BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". Pic_0012
Back to top Go down
http://BlackMarketFingerboards.tk/
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 am

lacquer is nice but the holes are off
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
BlackMarketFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
BlackMarketFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 am

Tim Lowery wrote:
lacquer is nice but the holes are off
Thanks for the lacquer comment.
Yeah, just on the one, these were prototypes, but I wanted to take pictures of finished decks when the new mold was made, the trucks still fit, so I was happy, I probably should have used a non-prototype deck, but like I said, I wanted the pictures done as soon as possible for my website and what not.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 am

The one thing on a 6 ply deck people want a picture of is the side and the plies.. Everyone is gonna be sceptical of how thick it is til they're shown a picture, so, I'd get a picture if I were you happy

And, yea, work on the holes and they'll be really nice looking decks!
Back to top Go down
Broken Knuckle Fbs.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Broken Knuckle Fbs.

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Love the bottom ply, but how are the holes off?
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:30 pm

i can see the holes are off, and i can also see left overs of pen/pencil lines...and you are now banned broken knuckle fbs for impersonating the REAL broken knuckle fb.

i also get wary when bondo molds are round ones like decks shaped........(basically a molded deck)

Last edited by blosom on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Yeah. Took a genuine person to come to such a fantastic discovery, you know adding one more thin piece of veneer to the already strong enough 5 ply.
Plus yellowood p6 and a6 are the shit anyway.
Back to top Go down
BlackMarketFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
BlackMarketFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 am

Basically, to all the questions:
The holes were perfect on 7/8, except one...
The lacquer is nice, the only reason you can see pencil is because, like said, they were taken at different stages in the game.

The bondo mold is perfect for me, :\...No mold marks, as you can CLEARLY tell,
and as to the guy referencing, and I quote, "
Yeah. Took a genuine person to come to such a fantastic discovery, you know adding one more thin piece of veneer to the already strong enough 5 ply.
Plus yellowood p6 and a6 are the shit anyway."

And no, it makes a HUGE difference, as a couple of people have told me, and from personally experience. I could give two-shits about yellowwood, wink. I'm still working on decks, and trying to new things every day. Did I come up with the 6 plies first? Maybe not, however, the idea was original, based off nothing else, released because I thought it made a SIGNIFICANT difference, if it made a little difference, it would not be out there.
Back to top Go down
scott
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
scott

Setup : setup1:
absolute metal bottom
td wide trucks w/ ff kingpins
rip bushings
fbs extra smooth
ff g6d pinks

setup2:
SCott b deck
Fbs
td wides
teflons
ff g6x

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 am

jesus kid your like shelby grimnes
Back to top Go down
BlackMarketFingerboards
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
BlackMarketFingerboards

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:42 pm

scott wrote:
jesus kid your like shelby grimnes
LOL. I think not, but thats our decision, seeming as how I didn't get one bit defensive...
And kid? Uhm, I'm not a 6 year old like MOST people here, trying to start a company...
I am PROBABLY the same age, if not close, as you.
Back to top Go down
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm

an idea can't be original when 13 other companys have done it.. ahaha
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:27 pm

couldnt have put it better grant
Back to top Go down
BLU-S
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BLU-S

Companies : videography,photography fingerboarding , fluxmedia

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:58 pm

look like nice decks happy
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/bsinghy
codymunday
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 pm

first off its 6 PLY DECKS ooooooooooooo shit lets make a big deal out of it... its just a piece of veneer you dont got to say 6000 times in one paragraph that there 6 ply... we fucking get it... and your probably not the first, other people have done it cause its not that original... and when you begin to make the first 5 ply deck in the world, do me a favor and dont let us know.
Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 pm

codymunday wrote:
first off its 6 PLY DECKS ooooooooooooo shit lets make a big deal out of it... its just a piece of veneer you dont got to say 6000 times in one paragraph that there 6 ply... we fucking get it... and your probably not the first, other people have done it cause its not that original... and when you begin to make the first 5 ply deck in the world, do me a favor and dont let us know.

for once i agree cody
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".   BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard". Empty

Back to top Go down

BlackMarket Fingerboards: 6 Ply Decks Are Now A "Gold Standard".

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1