Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalYduals or Oak Rv2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yduals or Oak Rv2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cereal.Kill3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Setup #1
-G15
-Ytruck X4s
-Witchcraft bushings
-Winkler Signature Junks
-FBS

Setup #2
-BW Xwide low Gene Senges
-BRT
-Witchcraft bushings
-Oak RV2
-FBS

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:49 am

whatsup guys, i am looking at getting some new wheels to replace my Winkler signatures looking for something to grip on my glass desk. just wondering if i should go with oak RV2 or YdualT wheels i understand that Ys are a bit bigger. im just curious as to performance between the two. if anyone has any experience with both wheels let me know your thoughts and whatnot. thanks
Back to top Go down
Off3r
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Off3r

Companies : Coffee decks
Setup : COFFEEDECK-YT-YW

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 2:30 pm

I have never tried oaks, but i have 3 setups with Y's and i looove them!
Great feel and not TO grippy.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:38 pm

iv never tryed ywheels, but iv been riding oaks for 3 years, and their by fare my favorite wheels, but i find the oaks look more realistic then ywheels if your shootin for that, and their super nice to ride on like ever surface!!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Oaks are much gripper than my y2's, but the y2's are a bit softer. Both sets of wheels are amazing, can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Both of them will grip really well on glass, but like Danny said above, Oaks are more grippy. I personally think ywheels have a much smoother ride though
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Estevan Rivera wrote:
Both of them will grip really well on glass, but like Danny said above, Oaks are more grippy. I personally think ywheels have a much smoother ride though

Estevan makes a good point here, Y's are much smoother straight out of the packet. Oaks sometimes have tiny deformities that take a while to wear out- You don't feel them on wood or concrete but glass will feel them. Y's are smooth straight away, especially on smoother surfaces.
Back to top Go down
Cereal.Kill3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

-G15
-Ytruck X4s
-Witchcraft bushings
-Winkler Signature Junks
-FBS

Setup #2
-BRT
-Witchcraft bushings
-Oak RV2
-FBS

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:18 pm

i really appreciate all the feed back! im still on the fence about which to get scratch it kind of depends on what i do, im actually debating getting a whole new setup with some BRTs. im thinking i want a heavier setup and if i do that i will probably get some oaks. if i dont i will most likely get the duals to go with my Y-trucks. still dont like the thought of them not being able to go on BRTs if i do get some down the road.

they are the same price so i may just go with the grippier Oaks. idk -.- im bad at making decisions
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 3:48 am

Cereal.Kill3r wrote:
i really appreciate all the feed back! im still on the fence about which to get scratch  it kind of depends on what i do, im actually debating getting a whole new setup with some BRTs. im thinking i want a heavier setup and if i do that i will probably get some oaks. if i dont i will most likely get the duals to go with my Y-trucks. still dont like the thought of them not being able to go on BRTs if i do get some down the road.

they are the same price so i may just go with the grippier Oaks. idk -.- im bad at making decisions

Get the ywheels since you're riding ytrucks. You'll get the most out of them that way. If you still want Oaks then they'll work fine on ytrucks. Ytrucks accept any wheels on the market.
Back to top Go down
Cereal.Kill3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

-G15
-Ytruck X4s
-Witchcraft bushings
-Winkler Signature Junks
-FBS

Setup #2
-BRT
-Witchcraft bushings
-Oak RV2
-FBS

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 4:48 am

skatemaster231 wrote:
Get the ywheels since you're riding ytrucks. You'll get the most out of them that way. If you still want Oaks then they'll work fine on ytrucks. Ytrucks accept any wheels on the market.

yea i was thinking about getting the ywheels since i do have the ytrucks and they are basically the only trucks that accept dual bearings without having to do some jankiness to the trucks to be able to use them. if i order a whole new setup ill order both ywheels for my current setup and oaks to go on the BRTs i am honestly thinking i want a heavier setup tho. my flips are out of control sometimes but im not sure if thats because of the winkler wheels sliding so much on this glass or because the ytrucks + g15 is such a light setup.

again thank you everyone for all of the feedback im surprised i havent gotten a bunch of "this question again" responses
Back to top Go down
@DICKKLEGG420
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
@DICKKLEGG420

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 12:04 pm

duuuuuuude! GET THE BRTs WITH THE RV2s!!!! Im feeling you on that heavy setup! I like to run my board that way and there is no comparison to the brt oak combo. Nothing against Ys I have some and I dig them for other reasons but I know that heavy feeling your talking about and brt is the only way to go. TRUST
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 12:13 pm

@DICKKLEGG420 wrote:
there is no comparison to the brt oak combo.
Beat me to it...Oak + BRT's for life afro

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 6:41 pm

if the surface is glass urethane wheels suck from my experience, they squeak really loud and just stop with powerslides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yduals or Oak Rv2   Yduals or Oak Rv2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yduals or Oak Rv2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Fingerboarding Discussion & News-