Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSome Help needed on a large BBR Order please! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which?
Berlinwood complete / BBR Square rail / BBR Table
Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! B1067%Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! B10
 67% [ 6 ]
Berlinwood Complete /BBR Round rail / BBR Table
Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! B1022%Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! B10
 22% [ 2 ]
Berlinwood Complete / Other stuff-Please tell me what if so
Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! B1011%Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! B10
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! Empty
PostSubject: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey guys, right im new here.. and wanted to see if I can get some advice before my purchase from BBR-Im from the UK.
Im more than likely to get a Berlinwood complete with the BBR trucks winkler wheels ect.

My current setup is a LowPro K1 HoneyBee with FF G6D's and TD trucks.. and either rip or FBS-think its fbs.. Which got a few month's back.. and finally want to spend the £ on a berlinwood and a few goodies...

Im going to post up a few Q's.. if you dont mind haha

1. Are the BBR trucks really worth the £...Do like the look of them.. but they are not cheap..

2. What is the difference between FBS and Rip? Think I have FBS on current setup=Anyway to tell the difference?

3.Should I get the round or square rail BBR one's... Presume the square is slightly easier to land tricks on?...

3. Is the BBR Table good? im liking it as, its relatively low cost compared to most.. and can be used alot of ways..

4. Is there any other ramp,rail.. you would highly recommend me contemplating.. P.S. I cant afford loads.. cheaper the better...

5. How long does it take to get to the UK from BBR? Generally..

6. Or should I get a Bonsei concrete instead of the rail or table?

7. Please help me out and reply.. would like to get my order done before monday.. so it can get on its way.. would really love some replies to my Q's... the more detailed the better cheers lads!

Last edited by jamiek695 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:35 pm

first of all hey welcome to the forum happy

brts are expensive, and do have their problems, but they are my favorite trucks. (if you can afford them) i wouldn't ride any others after trying them. i have 5 sets.

fbs and rip are fairly similar, just different feels. fbs is probably the most used.

square rails are easier to land tricks on than rounds imo...but i like both.

the new 'jay' ramp looks sweet. 30 euros

about 1 week. after brr email you tell you the package is sent it takes like 2 days, but normally they are about 3/4/5 days in getting your order ready, but about a week.

hope this helps happy
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 pm

haha thanks alot! yeah I have been browsing on here for a while.. but then decided to setup a account and actually make it more useful! Ok.. yeah I think will have another look.. I am one for having nice gear.. and will see.. if there is anything of the ramps that I would prefer to get.. and then just run TD trucks instead.. hmm

Yeah the Jay ramp does look good but out of stock anyway.. Love the D-Rex.. but 80 is a bit pricey for me haha.. ok Im pritty sure I have FBS on my LowPro.. asked they guy who I got it off but got no reply.. and judging by the pics it looks tad thinner than Rip.. so seems like FBS.. but the - is now Im used to it.. would prefer that.. but BBR dont have it!- Obviously.. haha oh well.. thanks for the reply.. any other feedback guys?
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:58 pm

i think you should get the complete a square rail and the jay ramp
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah I think that would be my top price.. complete and rail.. and maybe something else.. but think 30 would be my top top for now.. yeah its out of stock.. which is a tad annoying.. god if I had the £ there would be a big order very happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 pm

i will ad, brts are not essential...they wont make you a better fingerboarder, and are expensive. many suffice without them, but i like them. many haven't though, because with brts you will need brt ed wheels, or use dual bearing wheels and glue the nut.

also there are 2 types of rip, old riptape and the newer stuff, both have totally different feels happy

also a rail is a good start, or something like a box 3.
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Yeah.. you have a good point on the BBR trucks thing.. hmm thats another thing to think about then.. maybe get some Bollie's instead.. that would save a good 40 or so.. or to put towards more ramps ect.. hmmm ohhh the choices..
Yeah think tbh will just get couple pcks or rip.. if really hate it can always order some fbs.. but doubt I will haha arrgghh soo many choices to make..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:29 pm

1. Idk ive never tried them from what ive heard there good and they look good.

2. rip has more holes/poers in it i prefer fbs

3.I think a square would probably be the best i made a circle rail and its much harder than my square.

3.Yes by the looks of it there could be alot of spots for tricks.

4. Box 3

5. about a week or two?

6. no

I also think getting a bollie compltete would be good there great value and the shape looks like a bwom
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Yea I think I will get a BW.. whether it ends up just a deck or a complete..
And yeah re read the info from the guy got it from and it has FBS on it.. really nice!

I like the idea of the box's manul pads.. but tbh I can just as easily make something similar.. yes its not the same quality but its not hard to do.. thats why Im more tempted to get slightly more odd things like maybe the table or.. stuff.. thats harder/more time consuming to build if I was too.. and not things like kickers.. hmm
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:43 pm

guys......the shape of bollie decks looks nothing like bwom decks...i wish people wouldn't keep saying that...ive got bwom's and none of them look like a bollie deck.

and just get what obsticles you think....dont let anyone tell you what you 'should' have. you might hate a bw, brts, and ww setup...
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Yeah.. I want to try a BW so will get one and see.. going to make a little comparison list in a mo.. and prices ect.. and work out what I do.. .. just curious.. whats the difference between TD and bollie trucks.. as they look identical? Arnt they a tad wider to fit Wooden decks better ..
Back to top Go down
codymunday
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:51 pm

if your just going to try a berlinwood get the elias one its cheaper, thats what i got at first and decided i didnt like it and sold for as much as i bought soo yeah thats my opinion but do what you want
Back to top Go down
josetheskater
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
josetheskater

Companies : Skate, FB

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:53 pm

its all down to preference dude, you could buy the best setup ever but actually hate how it performs :/
so go with your instincts man happy welcome to the forum as well!
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:56 pm

haha cheers guys! God im bad at making decisions lol... yeah think the elias could be the better route.. tad cheaper.. for the exact same thing.. do like the new BerlinWood "FlatFace BW Cyan"

I did look a few weeks back, and was almost about to buy the BW and bollie completes. But they seem to have stopped them and only do the Bollie completes.. Which looking at pics has very low concave.. which I prefer med/high..
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Right slight progress lol I assume my FF G6D's will work ok with BRR trucks? as tbh.. What I will then do is, get BW deck BBR trucks.. save 30 not getting the complete. As can use my G6D's on it.. and then a ramp and a rail...

And then can run the TD trucks and maybe get some bollie wheels so there better than td one's.. and have that as my outside, backup setup.. could be a idea? me thinks..
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

Companies : Fusion Distribution

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:09 pm

maybe give http://fusiondistribution.co.nr/ a go

A UK based company so ofcoure...you'll get your items much quicker very happy
Back to top Go down
http://fusiondistribution.co.uk/
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm

g6 ds w2ont work on brts. they will keep locking up.
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Ooh nice! I have no idea what other UK based shops there are! good to know though.. if I dont get on with my BW then I will be heading that way haha
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 pm

bummer.. do they have to be dual bearing wheels to work then? which wheels do.. darm it thats put a end to my plan haha
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

Companies : Fusion Distribution

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:13 pm

sounds good...yeah, UK companies are really lacking right now, fusion is the only one tongue

hopefully more will join
Back to top Go down
http://fusiondistribution.co.uk/
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:16 pm

so many questions. do a little research. everything you need to know is in this forum......i have already said brts will only work with brts wheels or duals if you glue the nut. you can mod the g6s but they will never work without locking up.

get a bollie setup. or just get a bw ellias deck if you want a bw. you have trucks and g6s so you can use those. i dont think its worth spending 100+ on a setup if your not sure if you'll like/stick with it.
Back to top Go down
codymunday
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

listen to blosom he speaks alot of truth
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 pm

dont worry.. will have a search and sort something out.. I dont want a bollie.. they look to flat for me.. I understand what you are saying will take it into consideration.. cheers for the help
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

how much you got/ wanted to spend on fb'ing. and how long have you fb'ed for?
Back to top Go down
jamiek695
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:43 pm

I used to FB LOADSS years ago.. in school.. when teck decks were the massive craze.. used to fb loads then.. then stopped. I recently picked it back up again 2 months ago (now 21 at uni.. and love to occasionally skate.. and got back into is.. specially with the cr*p weather)... With a new TD.. and realising how much they sucked. Them was going to order from BBR Until spotted a hardly used LowPro K1 HoneyBee with TD trucks FF G6D's and FBS tape for £35.. which I got. And have been using daily since.. I have a fairly unlimited budget.. like I could spend £250+ if I really wanted too but I dont want too.. Im always one for buying once.. if you get me in products. But as you said I could hate it.. which is the only -.. So that's why im going back and forth, as I can afford the BW complete and a rail and some rip. For now.. but that would be all.. I dont have the space to spend a fortune on mini's and the big ramps.. I always prefer to buy - near enough the best and to work on from there.. and ramps ect.. are not so much of a want as.. we can all bodge something together if needed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!   Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Help needed on a large BBR Order please!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next