Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAn Idea.. Would you be interested in..? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? Empty
PostSubject: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:51 am

So, I got some wood yesterday and was playing around with making a ramp, and came up with this. I think its one of the funnest ramps I've had in ages, and, I realised I could make them really cheap. And they're light, so, shipping could be cheap too.
Take a look:
An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? 114
An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? 213
An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? 312

A bank curb thing. With an intentional little lip on the top which makes it fun to pop out of as a launch ramp and such. Its 4cm high and 25cm long. The bank surface is 5cm long, so, its a decent size to ride up and use it in soo many ways, you can do little winkler spin grinds on it and stuff happy

This is just a proto btw, if I made these properly I'd make the sanding a lot better, and lacquer the painted bits, or something else to keep the paint there for a long time. I threw this together in around 10 minutes, then painted it. The main wood used is hardboard, which, if you go against the way it bends when cutting it, it doesn't flex at all and is really strong. The top is also hardboard, which has a nice 'slick' feel to it which slides really well for tails/blunts/etc.

If you guys like them, I'm thinking of giving a few away to people who want to do a proper decent full review on them. If they were thought to be good from other people using them, then, maybe £3 without shipping? Or £2 for unpainted ones? As painting takes a long time with the brick lines and stuff.

Thoughts? They're fun to make and I thought I'd share them with you guys, if you all think its a dumb idea, then no worries, but no harm in finding out the general opinion on them happy
Back to top Go down
Triston Snell
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Triston Snell

Companies : Fingerboarding

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:57 am

I'd probably be interesting, seeing as I only have tech deck ramps!

I'd have to get some money first to buy them, but in the meantime I'm still looking for grip awkward

Looks very nice kerry!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:58 am

id take one for £3 O.o would be an epic thing very happy super cheap, and fun happy
we need more affordable obstacles ;D
Back to top Go down
bobbysmokes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
bobbysmokes

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:03 pm

You painted it? I was wondering where you got the little brick pattern. I think they look dope and fun, I don't have a lot of subs or anything but I would review one for sure Kerry.
I been working on my obstacles too , wanna trade?
An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? Curb110
using a plaster mix instead of concrete my goal is to offer 3 of these obstacles in one package for cheap happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.4cfingerboards.com
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:33 pm

I made a cardboard ramp like this a little while ago haha, it was pretty fun, so I'm guessing your ramp would be even better. I'd get one, but seeing as my dad won't buy stuff online really, idk if I could. I'd be up to review if you need though.
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:02 pm

That actually looks really sick, i'd take that to college and sesh it all day, haha
Back to top Go down
Linkan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Linkan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:27 pm

yeah if you fix them up a little bit wink Maybe sand the edges a little bit better very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/linkanklinkan
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Wow, I'm stoked you guys like them soo much! I'm gonna make two next time I have a bit of spare time, and they'll be given out to review, so, yea, if you're up for that, say so, and I'll decide from those who nominate themselves who I think is the best. If you've already said you're up for it, you don't have to say again ^_^

And, pending good thoughts from the two testers, I'll make a small batch up. £3 and shipping, which will probably be £1. Depending on how well those sell, I might make this into a company. I hate to make ANOTHER company, but, yea, regardless of whether I do or not, I think these ramps are good, fun, and affordable, which is something hard to find these days. AND the little bit of money I will make, I think I deserve it, I've been searching for a job for the past year and a half and found nothing. If I don't find something by the middle of november I get made to do like community service just to get my job seekers benefit from the government, which would suck soo much. So, every penny helps right now. happy

And bobby, nah, not up for a trade atm. That concrete bar thing does look rad though!

Linkan wrote:
yeah if you fix them up a little bit wink Maybe sand the edges a little bit better very happy

I guess you didn't read:
kerryDETH wrote:
This is just a proto btw, if I made these properly I'd make the sanding a lot better
^___^

Again, thanks for all the positive feedback guys, keep the feedback coming! happy

Back to top Go down
Linkan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Linkan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:34 pm

I´ll up for review! very happy
Always fun with a new ostacle very happy
Dont have alot lol tongue
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm up for a review, video review and all that jazz, haha
Back to top Go down
Linkan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Linkan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah for sure, haha
Back to top Go down
pegasus
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:17 pm

I'd buy one
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:27 pm

they look real good kerry and a good price too...from the pics of the proto one, it looks like it could do with 5 mins with a bit of scratch, and they would be perfect, and a bargain......id buy one happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Kerry that's epic O.o I'll be getting one for sure
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Sick i'd buy one but i need g6D's first
Back to top Go down
NickRose
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
NickRose

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:38 pm

crazy good prices!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Thanks guys, really, sooo stoked everyone likes them as much as I do!

I looked into shipping and it'll be £2 shipped to either UK or worldwide, as due to its size in the UK it costs almost the same as it does to send elsewhere.. annoying, but, yea. So it'd be £5 shipped to anywhere in the world, which is under 8 dollars.
I'll get on making some to give out to review soon! happy
Back to top Go down
Linkan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Linkan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Sooo awesome!
Kerry got a company! very happy
EDIT: Making a United Fingerboard Ad right now! wink
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 pm

looks sick, experiment with different wood and make the bottom of the bank meet the ground better happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:26 pm

ill review one happy
i really wanna try one out haha
Back to top Go down
Linkan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Linkan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 pm

i think everyone wants that! very happy
Bricks + obstacle = Win! very happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Linkan wrote:
Sooo awesome!
Kerry got a company! very happy
EDIT: Making a United Fingerboard Ad right now! wink

UNITE, theres no D. BUTT, thankyouuu nonetheless ^___^ Cant wait to see it and put it up on unite happy
And, its not a company for now at least, its just me enjoying making some ramps

willhopewell wrote:
looks sick, experiment with different wood and make the bottom of the bank meet the ground better happy

I know it looks big in the picture but you seriously cant feel the gap at all, its almost as flush as BRR obstcles. Even with small wheels, noco minis for example, you cant feel it, so, yea, its fine ^__^ BUT sanding will be better on proper ones that aren't protos! happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:47 pm

kerry, now could be a good time to invest in that detail sander very happy
Back to top Go down
VictoriaWisner
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Companies : Fingerboarding
Setup :

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 2:36 am

Kerry those look really good. A suggestion to make everything cheaper for ya happy If you just cut a strip of these and glue it really well it would be sick..plus they have texture for a more real feeling.

http://www.michaels.com/Lemax%C2%AE-Brick-and-Pebble-Roads/ch1025,default,pd.html?cgid=products&start=2

Also I would be totally down for reviewing! Just holler at me if you want
Back to top Go down
Linkan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Linkan

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:41 am

Opps Sorry tongue
Victoria that was pretty sick! very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?   An Idea.. Would you be interested in..? Empty

Back to top Go down

An Idea.. Would you be interested in..?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next