Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalis it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JJBFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JJBFB

Setup : berlinwood nm
wicked stix wide trucks
flatface teflon bushings
Blue magic winkler wheels

is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead Empty
PostSubject: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:18 pm

There are no new products on the scenenot alot of vids are getting posted on youtube everyday i used to have about 10 videos to watch from subscribers and now i have about 3 whats going on
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/jjbfb
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:59 pm

??? what ???

Theres new products out all the time and i get over 200 videos a day XD you just need to sub to more people!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:18 pm

I make a fingerboard video everyday!

And there's millions of products!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
0SamFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
0SamFB

Companies : Snapping Fingerboards
Setup : Boriswood NM
Spinal Trucks
Rip Tape Hardware
TD Wheels

FFG12
FFG6A's
TD Trucks
Rip Tape Hardware

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:33 pm

lmao, i think its just you
Back to top Go down
ThorntonDylan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Fingerboarding, Drawing, Editing, Chatting, Watch Skating and relax.
Setup : Right now I'm stuck with...

Fingerdecks D1 - Black
Closeup Grip
Tech Deck Trucks
Closeup G2 Bearing Wheels

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 5:29 pm

not dead for sure. over time it is getting more popular happy
Back to top Go down
Coxy Pee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Coxy Pee

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:35 pm

I don't know I really think it is dead
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 pm

^^^ Wh Wh Wh What! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Harvey Glynn wrote:
^^^ Wh Wh Wh What! lol

haha I think harvey summed that up nicely with the whole 'SAY WHATTTT??' XD
its really not dead. New products out all the time, and things are only getting bigger and better! I mean, we've got a magazine out soon?

But, noone will buy it cos the scene is dead!
Oh, wait, no, its not happy
Back to top Go down
Gnar
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : BLAHBLAHBOARDS
Setup : A board with wheels and trucks.

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Either you don't care to look around, or people on this place don't post any real threads. All I ever see is stuff from FFI or somewhere else, or something like " WHAT WHEELS SHOULD I GET AND WHY". Thats not a topic. Its a stupid lazy reason for buying something. Not trying to be mean, but thats all I ever see on anything except FFI. Maybe its because they have more mature or experienced people, or inexperienced people are killing the online scene. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:38 am

I can't speak entirely of FFI as I only see what you get if you're not a member, but, almost all the stuff posted on FFI is news. News, people posting new stuff they have brought or made, pictures, and thats about it. The only topics on the first page of FFI fingerboard discussion that aren't that is some guy asking about a bearing in his wheels that popped, and 'what do your parents think?'. Most of the stuff is NEWS. And if people copy it to here, or talk about it here, its for people that don't go to FFI so they can also see the news. Or, so they can discuss it, being as they can't discuss it there, because you have to be in the cool crowd to get on FFI.

You want to know what I think is killing the online scene? The SEGREGATION.
(I suppose this applies to english speaking people only, because europe has fingerboard.de, the spanish one I forget the name of, and others, which as far as I'm aware are open to join like here)
There is a big split. A great big split. The people who know someone, who've managed to get onto FFI or FBC, and then there are the rest of us. And we're deemed lesser people just because we're on that.
Yes, there are a lot of inexperienced little kids who think they're Mike Schneider and ask to get sponsored by anyone. And an equal amount of kids thinking they'll make companies, and they are the worst products in the world, or like the 100000000th company selling pivot cups and 4mm thick foam with no adhesive on the bottom.
BUT. And here's the important bit. THEY'D get weeded out almost instantly, recognised as a pointless company, and only the little kids who are too immature to think properly will attempt to support them, because they deem being sponsored more important than just fingerboarding for the love of it, and realising thats the way to get better and maybe get sponsored, even though it doesn't matter in the end as long as you have fun.
For every 100 people you don't let in to the scene because FBC refuse to ever reply to emails and FFI shut its doors long ago, you might have two very valuable people who are putting their heart and soul into fingerboarding, even if thats just riding and having fun, they're still good people. I guess everyone decided that thats okay. Close our doors and let ourselves wither away from the inside because no one new is given a chance. I mean, the only other alternative is youtube, and thats just a haven for little kids who are a pest to the scene because all they care about is being sponsored.
BUT, those kids probably think that you only get on FFI or wherever if you're good enough. So, they try and get a sponsor maniacally to prove themselves, with hopes of getting to FFI to meet other people who care about fingerboarding.

So, us left come to places like this. Its better than nothing, infact its kind of nice.

FFI and FBC aren't godly places or anything like that. I just think that it shouldn't be soo closed off. Who are they to state they're more elite than other people? Its hard to meet likeminded people if the famous forums people can't get on, and places like this are barely heard of. If everyone were in one, heard of place, then the nice people would go there and get noticed for their maturity, and eventually just get to talk to others who are like them. It'd be impossible to sift through random youtube channels until you found someone who you might see eye to eye with. I mean, imagine if the next time you went onto skateboarding.com or the sidewalk website there was a big box saying 'prove you can kickflip a 10 set and you'll get to see this site! Otherwise, you can't read the news or see the content.' (I mean, thats obviously an over exaggeration on the 10 set bit, but you get the point)

You might say in counter to all of that, 'well, try harder, make/do something brilliant and it'll get recognition eventually'. But, why should the FFI people get themselves broadcast to a massive amount of people, or get to talk to these people, and ourselves not? I know life isn't fair, so saying 'its not fair' doesn't really amount to much, but, when there is somewhere where people can go already, why not let everyone in? And, it takes money to get recognition. Making a company takes money, and if you don't have a decent video camera (even an average one isn't at all cheap) then people aren't gonna think anything of your videos. You could have mad skills and still no one would care if you recorded it on a phone.

I suppose the more you say about it the more it becomes a more and more complicated issue.

But, in my opinion, thats whats killing the online scene, the fact that its shut off.

And the fingerboarding world might not be dead, but, I see it like this: (Metaphorically speaking this is obviously)
There's this big castle, with all the people deemed by castle residents able to be in the castle in it. And surrounding this castle is a BIG moat, with piranha in the water. And then there's everyone else, camping outside in little blobs but too far away from each other to see other camps. And us campers look across the moat at the castle, and they look down on us thinking nothing positive.
We shouldn't build a moat, or have to build our camps, we should unite, fill the moat in, and donate the piranha to a prison or something where their flesh eating skills can come in use.

There are a billion people out there who'd try and attack you, hate you, insult you, all manner of horrible negative things, just because you enjoy fingerboarding. Shouldn't we unite?
The online scene may not be fingerboarding, as a famous rider I forget the name of once said (in so many words), but, without it, would we have met each other? Unlikely.

Sorry for a rant, but, when gnar said about killing the online scene I had to vent my thoughts. happy
Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 am

thank you kerry you totally said everything that i was thinking
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:03 am

no worries, I'm glad someone agrees with me happy
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:43 pm

nothing wrong with the scene
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead   is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead Empty

Back to top Go down

is it me or does the fingerboarding world seem dead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1