Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCan we all just..? (UK people read) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can we all just..? (UK people read)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Can we all just..? (UK people read) Empty
PostSubject: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 am

http://www.fbweekly.com/news/2010/11/21/importance-of-the-fingerboard-community.html

Read that.

So can we pull our fingers out of our bums and do something? Like an event? PLEASE? <3 Seriously, look at fbtv. How many events pop up all over the world?? And the only reason we don't have any, isn't because there aren't people, its because no one ever organises anything. And I've been told many many times that almost all of you wouldn't bother coming all the way down to plymouth, so, yea, thats why I say it like this.

If people would come down here.. people could camp in my garden and we'd sesh the town? Cos theres no space in my house for more than 2-3 people unfortunately.. OR I could look into hiring a hall/place if you guys would be up for paying a teeny bit to get in somewhere? But we'd need parks, and I don't have enough ramps to set up more than one brr plaza sized park, maybe two tables if I spread stuff out. I know in contrast to that, all you guys up north have loads of ramps between you, multiple brr big minis, and, yea. Lets do something? and actually do it? It wouldn't be THAT hard. If hiring a place was soo difficult, how did UKR1, 2, and Cyclone syndrome 2 + 3 happen? And they were such successes?

Come on guys, lets start making the UK even better ^___^

AND, if you do something up north, you know I'll help any way I can with advertising/chipping in a bit of money/etc happy
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 pm

I guess the problem is money. Most people that attend events are older, with jobs, and can afford to attend events. We've got a pretty young community, and overall, it's expensive to travel.
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:16 pm

maybe if the location was central, not too far for people to travel.And im sure you can hire parks from brr just not sure of the cost haha =]
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Setup : Yellowood P-6
Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:02 pm

i think also one of the things is, for me at least... as i'm under 18, i doubt my parents would let me go like alone, and I wouldn't want them hanging around to be honest, the only way around this would be if it was like near a town/city where they could go... but this might just only be me :L
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:13 pm

i just dont think this sort of thing happens in the UK...people are just too lazy...and i think weather plays a big part.....if its summer more people would be interested, i said my place was free for 2 weeks, which it was, i said people could come and stay over for 2 weeks if they wanted....would have been an epic time......

takers......none......i fingerboarded by myself like i always do.

i want to fb with friends.......i would love too....

Last edited by blosom on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
devonfingerboarder
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
devonfingerboarder

Companies : fingerboarding, longboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5, BRTs Wides, Substance, Propaganda tape

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:30 pm

me and toby jones from devon are making a proper park and when its finished we are going to do a unvealing of it and have a meetup with the park our ramps and his out door park that has a bowl he lives in torbay so if any one is interested post here i would especially think that you kerry should come because its only 30 mins away cheers .jack.
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Setup : Yellowood P-6
Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 pm

i was in torbay in summer, and i could probably get down there again.
Back to top Go down
devonfingerboarder
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
devonfingerboarder

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm

cool man tha would be great
Back to top Go down
pegasus
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I know it is slightly different but as for the yoyo community we have meets every weekend around uk, proper internationally recognized competitions twice a year.
The idea would, i think, to start fairly small, host an event somewhere around oxford, or gloucester, London or milton keynes. It is not that expensive to travel and seeing as most fingerboarders are minors then travelling is very cheap, costs me 8£ return ticket to london. And if Kerry, being the great guy he is, is offering a place to stay then you are only paying for food and travel. The other thing is if you want a hall, i can ask around but some places charge per person and sometimes that works out around 10£ per person which i would be more than happy to pay, plus some money can be raised through raffels of the sponsored stuff. If no one objects, churches can be a cheap place to go and as long as we are respectful.
As for lodging if we were to do it where nobody has a house with lots of space, there are hostels that will be very very cheap.
One of my friends parents run the kumon in a local school hall, which is fairly big, i can ask them if it would be possible to use for a fingerboarding event.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Theres a few reasons i would and couldn't come,

it because im 13 years old so i cant exactly get a train and stuff and my mum and dad wouldn't take me down to Plymouth :L

The other reason is because i don't skate bike or anything (well i used to borrow friends bikes but not any more) and most people wouldn't want to go and skate and then id be doing nothing :L if it was an organised event then yeah maybe.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:11 pm

mate i was having n idea of an fb event in my town i can get a hall hired near my house for 10 quid an hour or icould probably find a cheaper place if i looked hard enough but kerry i reckon i could maket to your event i have about 7 ramps/rails i could bring to plymouth im gonna go and google the prices for a return trip to plymouth and see how much it is or i could force y parents to take me there.
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:30 pm

KerryDETH wrote:
Cyclone syndrome 2 + 3

Cyclone Syndrome 1 was a private event between me and my friends.

Cyclone Syndrome 2 was a my first public event.

Cyclone Syndrome 3 - It's a big deal for me... I'll be hosting it some time around Christmas or January. (January is the most likely, same date as UKR2?) - I may look into local Hotels around my area for you Kerry tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I thought 3 already happened? Lol, my bad, sorrreh harrreh happy

Devon, I'll be there, deffs, as long as you do it on a weekend as I don't work then. Let me know details nearer the time happy

For cheap travel, megabus.com
Seriously. 9 quid plymouth - manchester.
Only issue is, with any of us travelling far, it means staying over night. Thats why it should be up north, as most of the younger guys are up there, and thus could get home again. Which is why UKR1+2 + cyclone 2 (and apparently not three, yet XD) worked well. I'm all up for coming, and all up for something here if you guys want to do anything, but I don't think its feasable as most of you couldn't travel that far, as has been said.

But, harrreh has posted a topic on cyclone 3, so, lets all go to that ^_^
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm

syndrome 3 <3
Back to top Go down
devonfingerboarder
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
devonfingerboarder

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 pm

hey kerry me you toby and maybe slink and bammers who are on fbhq could go to syndrome to gether and try and stay some where maybe?
And yer it would be great if u could come to the unvealing.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:41 pm

yea that could be pretty cool! I'm sure we'll work something out nearer the time happy
Back to top Go down
devonfingerboarder
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
devonfingerboarder

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm

yer cool.
Back to top Go down
JackTaylor
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackTaylor

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:56 am

Does anyone live in the North West and want to host an event?

(not you Harreh cos im already coming to CS3)
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:00 pm

There was UKChillout a couple months back, the next one will be in Leeds if that's alright?
Back to top Go down
JackTaylor
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackTaylor

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Yeah, I might see if I can come
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 pm

leedss <3 yey
Back to top Go down
JackTaylor
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackTaylor

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 pm

I'm gonna host an event after Christmas. It might only be a few friends coming over but still.
Back to top Go down
cherrygrip
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
cherrygrip

Setup : Temple Fingerboards
Blackriver Trucks
Oak wheels.
Foamy G.

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:06 am

i cant go to chill events because im too young (im not allowed to) and all the others are in manchester! (or near) i want somethings near reading, oxford or london.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:05 pm

go to Rdcruzers event then that looks cool and there is toebex's meetup and i might havea meetup if i can sometime in 2011 or you could just arrange to meet up with someone
Back to top Go down
StaceyWall
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
StaceyWall

Setup : Prowood Extreme Prototype, Prowood Chrome Trucks, Single Bearing ProWheels, Protape

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 am

Yeah, my parents don't really want me going to a place I've never been to on my own, and also in manchester i'd have to stay the night or i'd be awake for more than 24 hours straight. I understand why all the events are held there but maybe even like a few people could just meet up ''down south'' for a chill session or whatever.

Meh, have fun at CS3 everyone very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we all just..? (UK people read)   Can we all just..? (UK people read) Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we all just..? (UK people read)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next