Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHard Knox Epic Mold Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hard Knox Epic Mold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ayden B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ayden B

Setup : Emanant
tdlb trucks
flatface g6e

Hard Knox Epic Mold Empty
PostSubject: Hard Knox Epic Mold   Hard Knox Epic Mold EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 am

Shipping
i forgot when he send it out, but i think it took about a week or less. packaged in a bubble mailer to make sure it was safe. the shipping is a 10/10.

First impressions
when i opened the bubble mailer, i could smell the lacquer lol. i like that. the deck looked amazing when i first opened it up from the plastic baggy. The color of the plies were very vivid. but i noticed that the lacquer on the deck did not properly set completely and there were some marks on the lacquer but i smooth it out so it's now really nice. came with a piece of paper with the company's name and slogan. i give it a 9/10

Hard Knox Epic Mold 001-3

Craftsmanship
The deck is absolutely gorgeous. the bottom and interior split plies are amazing. it has 5 plies with various split plies. kicks are medium to high. the concave is medium to deep which contoured to my fingers perfectly. The deck is really solid, but i could slightly bend it a lil more that the original one (maybe because of the splits in it). Nonetheless, the deck is has more pop than the original hard knox. it has slightly defined dips this time around. The holes were cleanly drilled very well. Countersinks were clean and there was no kingpin holes (just how i like it). Assembling the trucks onto the deck was easy as pie. width of mine is 33mm and the length is 101mm (?). I requested a slightly longer deck.

Hard Knox Epic Mold 003-6

some of the flaws of the deck were: the lacquer problem that a stated in the beginning of the review. idk if it was my eyesight or the deck itself, but one side of one of the kicks looked slightly rounded more than the other side. i may be wrong though. but the thing that i noticed right away after unboxing the deck was a small split on the bottom of one of the kicks. grant saved it by lacquering over it. it doesn't affect performance at all, but it is not very appealing to the eye.

Hard Knox Epic Mold 002-7

overall the craftsmanship is an 8.5/10

Performance
The pop is super nice and solid. switch/nollie tricks were easy. nollie/switch heels (one of the tricks that i still have to master) were quite easy to do and were higher. the longer nose and tail made locking into nose/tailslides easier. 10/10

overall, i give these decks a 9/10.
these decks are amazing, and if you have to chance, get one!

very happy
Back to top Go down
Kr3wStyl3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Hard Knox Epic Mold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Knox Epic Mold   Hard Knox Epic Mold EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:53 am

one word to describe that: SEXY
Back to top Go down

Hard Knox Epic Mold

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1