Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalEnd of year No Comply News! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of year No Comply News!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

End of year No Comply News! Empty
PostSubject: End of year No Comply News!   End of year No Comply News! EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Todd wrote:

Sunday will likely be the last restock of products until after the first of the year. Basically sunday will see Blue NM Sliderz up, and red hydrants. Stock will be pulled Tuesday at midnight CST time and we will be shifting our new site to a new server and changing some things on the site. The new domain will be nocomplydistribution.com There will be a redirect link for a while from the old site.

This time is to build up stock, get new graphics done, move the rest of my equipment to the pop factory, and just get everything in line.

Further news is that next year will see some changes.

Push will be our main focus on decks side. All team riders, will move to the Push brand, whether you were on NC, defstone and obviously shortbus. No Comply decks will be completes and special woods, on the CP mold, and that's it. All pro model decks will be Push decks. We'll focus on new and better graphics as well. A unified team that isn't brand divided is the best option.

I am finishing the Push logo and will get it posted so the team can add it to their sigs, etc.

All graphic decks will be everslick style....they are the best option for us, and the durability, is worth it's weight in gold. We will offer some woodgrain everslicks as well.

The developmental team will start to come together with the rest of the team as I originally planned.

We will have 2 Push molds. The current NC NM, and a higher kicked deck, similar to current defstones, but not quite as high. defstone, will be put on hold until further notice.

We are working with a company developing custom grip tape. The first prototypes will be in hand by the end of the week and I'll send some random samples out to people from the team and from my customer database.

Basically, 2, possibly 3 kinds. Graphic grip, and simulated grip. The graphic grip will feature a custom manufactured clear grip similar to the old lunarbomb tape. But it will feature some sort of of graphics that are applied during the manufacturing process. 2nd graphic grip will feature an image of real grip tape, with a white simulated sprayed stencil image angled toward the tail. Also testing adding black grains to the material during manufacturing. These are not pre-made materials bought, they are custom manufactured from raw materials to desired specs. IE, it's not silicone tape with a sticker graphic stuck to the bottom...we can change the grip level by changing the manufacturing process based on the feedback we get.

Here is a sample image of one of the prototype pieces...

End of year No Comply News! 20091202152433

It's something different. I suspect some people won't like it...and that's fine...I'm just trying to diversify my product offering to include new products...simple as that.

3rd, is a true black, rubberized material that is based off of a real piece of grip. Sorta like real grip, but rubbery, and not stair tread and not the ill fated Increditape I had in the early days...lol

So far, the locals at the pop factory, think the very first prototypes are sick as hell. We'll see though.

I am trying to lean more toward finding ways to make products FOR fingerboarding, not finding products that just happen to work for fingerboards.

Expect Takacs to make a return in 2010 with a collaboration on a truck project...that's all I got to say about that... :-X

We will continue to offer Flex Tape and Foamy Goodness as well.

Other news is that Mini's are being redesigned to have a much less boxy shape, and with both single and dual bearing versions. Also, a new wheel with new bearings that simulate a real skateboard wheel in scale. Just testing the waters on some stuff. I've had these bearings for 8 months...lol...trying to figure it out...and I'm finally getting there.

Also will be experimenting with new wheel materials and processes.

Biggies will be discontinued.

We will also debut our new wheel and tuning packaging after the first of the year also.

We will get more involved with events and contests after the first of the year. I've been doing this a year....I can't be expected to be on par with a 4 or 10 year old company...small steps.. wink

Love it or hate it, we are here to stay...

Thanks to all our loyal customers for making 2009 a great year. 2010 is gonna be even better.

Sorry for the essay, but it's news, and there is a lot to pass on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/

End of year No Comply News!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1