Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBionic Fingerboards Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bionic Fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
George Smithson
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
George Smithson

Companies : Fingerboarding and skateboarding
Setup : BionicFB X1 mold, TD trucks, TD wheels

Bionic Fingerboards Empty
PostSubject: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:48 am

Hey everyone, this is my first post, so dont get mad if i do something wrong!
Anyways, i'm not sure how many english fingerboard companies there are, but i found a company called BionicFB.
They are from somewhere in England, and their decks are amazing! They have one mold so far, with two graphic designs, and i think they are such good quality for the price they are at. They are 10 Pounds and they have medium/high kicks and medium concave. I bought a deck, but they didnt have any ink for stickers or something, so a few days later i got two decks, tons of stickers, loads of pivot cups and two sheets of normal grip! Which i thought was really cool of them.
Also they do custom graphics and board sizes aswell!

The website is http://www.bionicfb.yolasite.com

Pictures are on the website (i dont know how to put them on here)
So, i think you should check them out because i dont think there are any other English companies (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/George.Smithson
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here happy

Yes, I'd say this is the right spot for this post, so noone will be mad at you ^_^

Critique on topic, whilst its cool that they gave you that stuff, and its a good price for a deck, why don't they have any proper pictures of their decks? If they are a legit company they should know shape is very important to people looking at whether to buy a fingerboard, and to us who've been fingerboarding a while (or, I've only been fbing a year, but its still long enough to pick up these things) its generally the case that if a side pic isn't shown, they're trying to hide something, like slight warps in the decks, uneven dips, etc.. You really can't tell from that pic, and while as I said they're a good price, someone should tell the company to put better pics up, it makes people soo much confident to purchase a product when they can see it, especially in fingerboarding when everything is small, a close up pic is needed, and fairly decent quality pics at that happy

And, bless, yes, there are other english companies. Inanely famous ones at that, ever heard of arctic? I guess they were shut for years and haven't really done much since 2007 product wise, but, I'd be surprised if you found a fingerboarder whos been riding as long as I have whos not heard of them. I'm sure there are more. In fairness, there are more from other countries, and if you're new to the scene then I guess its understandable you wouldn't know about an older company thats barely active these days happy But, yes, england has had its glory in the fingerboard world as well as america/germany/austria/portugal happy
Back to top Go down
George Smithson
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
George Smithson

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:33 pm

I emailed them asking why they haven't got any decent pics of their boards, and i got a reply saying that they are going to be adding a few new pictures soon, and adding a picture of some dyed bottom ply decks which sounds pretty cool.
Also, the board i have is pretty much perfect, nice rounded edges, good concave, even dips etc. So the pictures they are adding should be pretty good.

I forgot to add in the first post, you can email them at bionicfingerboards@hotmail.co.uk

Also, i have heard of Artic, i just thought the company closed a loooong time ago lol, but like you said, the majority of the companies are from germany, portugal, usa etc.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:19 pm

ahhh.. cool, what other decks would you compare the shape too?
could you take a picture of your deck so we can see the shape? ^___^

they came back recently, I'm not sure whats going on with them but they're around, as such
Sorry I sounded patronising btw, I didn't mean to happy

We need more english companies! I have an idea in my head for a really original company, but thats staying shh in my head until I ever get some prototype products up..
Back to top Go down
George Smithson
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
George Smithson

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Yeah, it'll have to be tomorrow though becuase my camera is on charge at the minute,
and no need to say sorry, you didn't do anything very happy

Cant wait to hear your idea, sounds interesting tongue
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Setup : Yellowood P-6
Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
ahhh.. cool, what other decks would you compare the shape too?
could you take a picture of your deck so we can see the shape? ^___^

they came back recently, I'm not sure whats going on with them but they're around, as such
Sorry I sounded patronising btw, I didn't mean to happy

We need more english companies! I have an idea in my head for a really original company, but thats staying shh in my head until I ever get some prototype products up..

I have a good name for an English company that i was thinking about happy
Back to top Go down
George Smithson
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
George Smithson

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Whats it called? and are you gonna start the company? sounds gooood very happy
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm not starting a company, I just thought of a cool name.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:36 pm

I already have a name happy So, save your good idea for the next person you find who names their company something shit. Like, *insert colour here*wood fingerboards XD We've had yellow and green, wonder when blue will appear? XD
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Lmao, Any names that have Wood after them are really unoriginal and suck apart from obviously the already established companys that everybodys trying to imitate D:
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 pm

maybe its a goofd thing tho, yellowood and greenwood are/were both amazing companys tongue
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:57 pm

look good !
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 pm

sorry if its a little off topic, was there an english company called vision decks (or somthing like that)
im sure i went on their website but it doesnt work now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bionic Fingerboards   Bionic Fingerboards Empty

Back to top Go down

Bionic Fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1