Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuite Big Redemption Update! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quite Big Redemption Update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

Quite Big Redemption Update! Empty
PostSubject: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:26 am

Jordan Wrote:

I been thinking a lot about this concept. By no means do i hate Tech Deck, they've supplied me with multiple products that first got me into fingerboarding when i was a kid. Then when i picked up fingerboarding again they were a cheap solution for a deck.

No more kingpin holes. I will be including kingpins with every deck. And a little piece of pivot cup material to ensure a tight fit. This will take place in a few weeks once i can get a stock of kingpins in. This way there is no risk by not having kp holes. People can either use these kingpins on td trucks, use brr or ytrucks, or even file their kp ends off. I want to set apart and step up my game. By not having kingpin holes it eliminates placement problems, weaking from holes, and makes the deck more realistic. Hope you enjoy, this aint no toy!
Quite Big Redemption Update! DSCI0476

Quite Big Redemption Update! DSCI0480

Quite Big Redemption Update! DSCI0481

Finally got around to making an old school Redemption. It was so much fun. They will be availbe thru custom orders on my site. Since it takes extra work there will be $30. Not bad at all though.

New pivot cups packs will be available soon. ^ beautiful colors that you'll be able to pimp out your ride with. Also i got some beautiful maple in. Available in custom orders.

Quite Big Redemption Update! DSCI0466Quite Big Redemption Update! DSCI0465
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:09 pm

no KP holes, do not like >:l
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:22 pm

@ least it comes with king pins so you can make you trucks work with the deck ............................

But yeh.. i feel your pain bro.. I aint gonna put my ytrucks on a redemption...

I think only big companys should do this... because peolpe are only gonna put there good trucks on good decks... im not sayin redemptions are bad... i think you know what i mean
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:51 pm

I don't think anyone should do this for the while. Its just elitism. How hard is it for them to drill KP holes?
All they're doing is saying they're too good to be considered as a 'toy', but, what if you use shaped TD trucks? not really toy trucks when they're shaped.. AND, regardless, people with not much money cant afford BRR/ytrucks like us lucky people..

Redemption go on about being good value, which they are, but, that makes them a good deck for people with no money. People with no money also don't have money for expensive trucks. That seems a rather odd marketing strategy, the two sides seem to clash with each other.

Everyone should stop being so fucking elitist for now and put the holes on. There will be a time when decent trucks are available for all, but, right now? Holes or the company is just wanting to make themselves look 'cool' for the people who think the scene should evolve to this new magical level where TD are gone.. Yea, I cant wait til christmas when my setup is 100% td free, but, it doesn't mean td aren't useful, for all the kids learning, using td trucks is neccessary, and fiddling with kp tuning isn't easy, so, yea.

KP holes ftw. Elitism ftl.
happy
Back to top Go down
luajh
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
luajh

Companies : SPRiNGFiELD FingerBoards

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 4:04 am

honestly this is a fucking stupid move. kp tuning isnt stable in any case, i encountered couple of broken black kingpins that are supposed to be hardened steel. decks still looking good though.
Back to top Go down
http://springfieldfingerboards.vze.com
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:25 am

I can understand why yellowood have done it because they are known for being the best quality and most expensive finggerboards. Redemptions are meant to be cheaper and maybe for kids with less money, these kids cant afford BRR trucks or ytrucks so i think its stupid.
Fingerboarding isnt ready for it yet, maybe in like a years time it will be ready.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:27 am

Boffey wrote:
I can understand why yellowood have done it because they are known for being the best quality and most expensive finggerboards. Redemptions are meant to be cheaper and maybe for kids with less money, these kids cant afford BRR trucks or ytrucks so i think its stupid.
Fingerboarding isnt ready for it yet, maybe in like a years time it will be ready.

yeh thats what i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quite Big Redemption Update!   Quite Big Redemption Update! Empty

Back to top Go down

Quite Big Redemption Update!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1