Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalkingpins????? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kingpins?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:16 pm

ok, ive been hearing alot about companies not making kingpin holes anymore, not everyone has the money to buy blackriver trucks or ytrucks, and personally, i dont like kingpin tuning, its too unreliable, the amout of snapped kingpins, worn out threads ive had, its just annoying.

what do you think about this?
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I think that it makes the decks look more realistic and for the people with ytrucks ect... its great but for the companys i think its bad... less people will buy there decks because they might not have proffesionall trucks. I also think kptuning sucks or at least it can do...

Because of all the companies doing tis i have just orderd (now receved) 18 nut head king pins from fbs.de

The crap think is that... all king pins only work on the old old baseplates :$ lol i could only set 2 trucks up
Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:56 pm

yeah, the thing is, you dont even see the hole when you have trucks on, snd if thery want it to look more realistic, use a bolt not an allen head.........bolts look more realistic
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:53 pm

I just ranted about this on the redemption thread before seeing this thread.. I'll put my thoughts here too

kerryDETH wrote:
I don't think anyone should do this for the while. Its just elitism. How hard is it for them to drill KP holes?
All they're doing is saying they're too good to be considered as a 'toy', but, what if you use shaped TD trucks? not really toy trucks when they're shaped.. AND, regardless, people with not much money cant afford BRR/ytrucks like us lucky people..

Redemption go on about being good value, which they are, but, that makes them a good deck for people with no money. People with no money also don't have money for expensive trucks. That seems a rather odd marketing strategy, the two sides seem to clash with each other.

Everyone should stop being so fucking elitist for now and put the holes on. There will be a time when decent trucks are available for all, but, right now? Holes or the company is just wanting to make themselves look 'cool' for the people who think the scene should evolve to this new magical level where TD are gone.. Yea, I cant wait til christmas when my setup is 100% td free, but, it doesn't mean td aren't useful, for all the kids learning, using td trucks is neccessary, and fiddling with kp tuning isn't easy, so, yea.

KP holes ftw. Elitism ftl.
happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 4:55 pm

i think its an excuse for laziness too, it takes 2 minutes to change a drill bit and drill 2 holes
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:28 pm

You can get cheap trucks that dont need kingpin holes,
No Comply Wide Trucks are like td trucks, a bit better quality though and they dont need kingpin holes.
Also they are only about $9 and come with bushings.
and ive heard wooden techdeck baseplates dont need kingpin holes
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 7:30 pm

all that is true, but, I just don't think the FB world is at the stage where all people are gonna have non shitty trucks, so, people should still put kingpin holes on decks. Soon, it'll be redundant, but, now, it isn't.
Back to top Go down
luajh
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
luajh

Companies : SPRiNGFiELD FingerBoards

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:06 pm

totally agree. kp tuning totally sucks.my summit ones dont stay still and need those shitty pivot cupping , and i even snapped a couple of those black ones who claimed to be "HARDENED STEEL"
Back to top Go down
http://springfieldfingerboards.vze.com
Sponsored content

kingpins????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kingpins?????   kingpins????? Empty

Back to top Go down

kingpins?????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1