Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortaldeck for Xi - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

deck for Xi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

deck for Xi - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Xi wrote:
Ross, that looks awesome. I think it would have been more authentic if it was a single kick deck :p

yeah possibly Xi. authentic isn't what i was going for really, its my own up to date usable version of a hammerhead very happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:07 am

For quite a while, I've been looking for a skinny deck to replace my old Berlinwood but had discovered that most companies only make wide decks these days. After asking on the FFI Fingerboard Questions thread, they said I should ask Ross if he would make a custom. I know how busy he has been with making his current batch of Blosom decks but was surprised and genuinely happy he would offer to make a custom for me. He said he would love to take on the challenge of making a much different kind of deck and would do it for free!

He PMed me a while later asking to confirm my preferences and I told him I'd like a 26mm wide, 98-100mm long, low concave deck with same size kicks. Turns out it is 25mm but it's still alright.

I could have posted this earlier today but I was too excited just setting it up and skating it.

Thank you so much Ross!

And now for some nice pictures.

I love the note as it shows just how personal it is, unlike other fingerboard companies. You can see the Blosom logo stamp on the top and it looks very professional. There's also 2 homemade Blosom stickers that seem to be made from label paper. I like stickers. happy
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01531wn

I've attempted to get a picture of the plies but due to my camera phone, it is not too clear. It is 5-ply as you can see here.
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01540mm

The look of this bottom ply is insane and pictures really can't do it justice. I'm not exactly sure if I should describe it as dark red, metallic red or just "the ply that looks like fiery lava". There are many contrasts of red and the pattern in the wood really shows it and is really shiny.
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01534w

The whole deck is lacquered really nice. it's uniform and very smooth. I'm scared I'll be addicted to stroking it. As it's also a freestyle deck, you can see the kicks are less round than standard decks.
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01539z

Just like my old Berlinwood, I've also put my last sheet of old Riptape on it. The kicks are the same size although the nose appears to be minutely higher than the tail. Anyway, this is my first attempt to customise a foam style tape and use it to indicate the tail.
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01546w

I'm not sure if Ross approves of this but I have been tempted to use this sticker on a deck for a while now and decided to stick it over the awesome ply. Here's a comparison with my old BW. It's temporarily set up with Chinese regular trucks, Close Up G2 bushings+washers and Flatface G6 wheels.
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01564v

The sticker is a picture of Hatsune Miku, the Japanese virtual popstar. I like taking pictures of figures with fingerboards so here is one.
deck for Xi - Page 3 Dsc01561h
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:44 am

Bonerific!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:39 am

so so sick
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:42 am

I luv blsoms handwriting...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:15 pm

SkullwoodWorkshops wrote:

Lol yeah, it looks like the writing they have on the lush shops xD
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Jack L wrote:
SkullwoodWorkshops wrote:

Lol yeah, it looks like the writing they have on the lush shops xD

it actually exactly does!
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:56 pm

pale Perfect, just like every other deck blosom has made...
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:05 pm

hey!

glad it got their in one piece.

i loosely based it off a techdeck, which i was into thinking was 26mm wide...but they vary it seems....i hope 25mm is not a problem?

it looks sick. you have really taken some great pics with it, the sticker looks rad too and really suits the deck

i hope you enjoy it happy
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:59 pm

so nice man

I like skinny decks too.

Last edited by mrjacobburke on Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:14 pm

blosom wrote:
hey!

glad it got their in one piece.

i loosely based it off a techdeck, which i was into thinking was 26mm wide...but they vary it seems....i hope 25mm is not a problem?

it looks sick. you have really taken some great pics with it, the sticker looks rad too and really suits the deck

i hope you enjoy it happy

The Wooden Competition series ones are 26mm but all the standard ones are 25mm. It's slightly more difficult to flip my tricks as my wheels go a tiny bit wider than the deck but it's still very skatable. I was thinking of using my thinner Close Up trucks on it but I have a problem getting my bearing wheels on them. The deck is great though, I just need to wear in the Rip and it will be awesome. happy
Back to top Go down
flexboreder
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
flexboreder

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:28 pm

sick looking deck Xi!! i love the sticker too. happy

awesome job Ross!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/flexboreder
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deck for Xi   deck for Xi - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

deck for Xi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next