Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTech decks pfft - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech decks pfft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

Tech decks pfft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Once again, 4CFB, class a and a bunch others get most of there stuff in bulk from China. They dont do it themselves they can just get it fora cheap price from some factory and sell it for more to us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 pm

I just put rip on a tech deck and some g7.1A's and ti was ok shocked
I still think wooden boards are better though
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:08 pm

yeah i set-up my td with some tuning, rip, and china wheels and i quite like it, but you're right i think a wooden deck is better...i'd like to try a 26mm wood deck though..
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Billy Mackean wrote:
yeah i set-up my td with some tuning, rip, and china wheels and i quite like it, but you're right i think a wooden deck is better...i'd like to try a 26mm wood deck though..

that's how wide the first ever berlinwood's were.
So that makes most rare bw that wide
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:16 pm

yeah i know, it used to be standard but, nowadays you only have close up and about 1 other company making skinny decks..
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah, I know how it feels. I've asked a few people for customs but 26mm is usually a bit too small since you'll end up with no concave if they use their normal molds.
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:27 pm

SkullwoodWorkshops wrote:
Once again, 4CFB, class a and a bunch others get most of there stuff in bulk from China. They dont do it themselves they can just get it fora cheap price from some factory and sell it for more to us!

so it it like a generic fingerboard company that sells it to other companies?

is it like the fingerboarding equivelent of buying a "china bike"?
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:39 pm

wait thers a factory that makes boads then 4cfb buys it then call it thers with no credit to china because they are manufacturers

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/504454/209626152-362979397/finger-skateboard-truck-fingerboards-truck-29mm-wide-truck-free-shipping-by-DHL.html

example.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:40 pm

I've been meaing to reply about that...

There's a lot of "China" products but it's just fingerboard products made in China where they have attempted to replicate the products made by other fingerboard companies.

There are China decks, made of pressed veneer as normal but I think there are issues such as no lacquer on them or something.

China trucks are in abundance and are similar to TD trucks but there are subtle differences in the hangers although the baseplate shape seems to be the same. There are 25mm versions and the more common 29mm wide trucks. They come in loads of colours and are available very cheap.

There are a few kinds of China wheels and the ones I have have a few issues like excess material stuck in the wheel, missing bearing shields and also having an unconventional shape. That's just the model of wheels I have though. There are also some normal shape ones and some that are softer. You'll have to ask other people about these.

But yeah, they're all mass produced and you can probably buy them directly from a Chinese wholesaler. I think there are a few factories in China that have copies of the molds and stuff so they probably aren't all made in one place. They're cheaper if you buy in bulk and there are some fingerboard "companies" that buy them in bulk and re-sell to people to make profit. A lot of companies also sell China products under their own name so be aware that not all companies produce what they're selling.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Xi wrote:
I've been meaing to reply about that...

There's a lot of "China" products but it's just fingerboard products made in China where they have attempted to replicate the products made by other fingerboard companies.

There are China decks, made of pressed veneer as normal but I think there are issues such as no lacquer on them or something.

China trucks are in abundance and are similar to TD trucks but there are subtle differences in the hangers although the baseplate shape seems to be the same. There are 25mm versions and the more common 29mm wide trucks. They come in loads of colours and are available very cheap.

There are a few kinds of China wheels and the ones I have have a few issues like excess material stuck in the wheel, missing bearing shields and also having an unconventional shape. That's just the model of wheels I have though. There are also some normal shape ones and some that are softer. You'll have to ask other people about these.

But yeah, they're all mass produced and you can probably buy them directly from a Chinese wholesaler. I think there are a few factories in China that have copies of the molds and stuff so they probably aren't all made in one place. They're cheaper if you buy in bulk and there are some fingerboard "companies" that buy them in bulk and re-sell to people to make profit. A lot of companies also sell China products under their own name so be aware that not all companies produce what they're selling.

well said
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:49 pm

I should also add that: The majority of people accept China trucks as they are cheap, decent quality and easily available. They're the right size for wide decks. Just replace the tuning in them. Also, if you buy them from legit places like Flatface, No Comply or Fusion, then you can probably be sure they will use the profit to pump back into fingerboarding with future product development or sponsoring people/events/contests.

Occasionally, people have China wheels. They're cheap, better than non-bearing wheels but not as good as other wheels.

I don't think I've seen anyone with a China deck though.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:50 pm

fourcorner got china stuff
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:53 pm

thanks for the info happy now i know!
Back to top Go down
Joe Hough
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Joe Hough

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 pm

my friend gave me his old china deck as like a mini present for my birthday, he hadnt used it much though, and i've just set it up with bollie 2.0 trucks and nollie wheels and the board is pretty nice!
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:06 am

yea they are quite good
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

CrazzzzyBoarder wrote:
so you skate too?

i dont know anything about this stuff :/
Yeah i skate alot well I used to I'm only easing back in as I damaged myself pretty bad, suppose it's how I ende up fbin, doctor said I should be good to start skating but it's hard been of the board for about 2 years..

Ah so when people say china the mean mass produced, well if people still reckon there goodthen I'm not worried, alot of stuff is made in china that could be good to,though the term made in china is linked with your toys breaking lol

There seems to be alot of fb companies just rebrandin other peoples stuff as there own, but I suppose ifthre getting it from a wholesaler no 1 to complain ta
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

where in ireland are you from? as in northern or southern? my dad's family are from northern ireland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech decks pfft   Tech decks pfft - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech decks pfft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2