Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGriptape... - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Griptape...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

Griptape... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Xi wrote:
Actual skate grip is just too abrasive for fingers. Ever heard of the term "griptape thumb"? It's the phenomenon caused by holding skateboards by the nose (usually when mounting the board) which wears away all the skin on your thumb and making it very sore and/or bleed.

Oh god don't remind me, I went skating for 10 hours and my thumbs were so painful and it had gone really pale.
Back to top Go down
Jordan B.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordan B.

Setup : G14

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:55 am

When my new skate deck arrives I'll salvage some leftover grip to try it, I've always meant to try grip on a good setup.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:26 am

I used to always use skate grip on my fingerboards. Even when one of my friends started making wooden ones we'd use skate grip, back then there was only Riptape and it seemed pretty expensive. The only reason I don't like using it is because it shreds your fingers.
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:04 am

Ever heard of the term "griptape thumb"?

I have the griptape thumb. It's such a strange feeling.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:59 am

try some fingerdecks skate grip..haha i know fingerdecks..but it's quite nice, it's finer than skate grip and less sharp more rubbery so it doesn't hurt your fingers shocked
Back to top Go down
IeuanRees
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
IeuanRees

Setup : Slim and Catchy
Fatman
YTruck X4's
Oak Spirals

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Jordan B. wrote:
When my new skate deck arrives I'll salvage some leftover grip to try it, I've always meant to try grip on a good setup.

you definitely should, its actually really fun
Back to top Go down
nimane9
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Is the tape from http://www.gripurdeck.com/index.html any good? I wanna customize my TD Wood Competition Series board with a white and blue "rising sun" design
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

Setup : BRTS, flaked, and BRR edition G6's.

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 am

^^^ idk... Never used it but they don't talk about functionality at all on the site... Rising sun looks cool though.
But yeah I much prefer skate grip in halfpipes, I'm thinking about getting a rosewells cruiser with glowing roswells tape. Crusers aren't bad in halfpipes ive heard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Griptape...   Griptape... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Griptape...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2