Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBlosom Deck Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blosom Deck Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 pm

So recently i acquired a blosom fingerboard from Blosom himself on this forum. I have owned it and tested it for 22 days and i feel i'm ready to review it to the best of my ability and will do so now.

Shipping:
This took 1 day to come Uk to Uk. It was well packaged in a small concise bubble mailer. Extremely good shipping 10/10

First Impressions:
The deck was beautiful. It has a lacquer incomparable to any other i have seen. It had a very well printed stamp on the top ply indicating the nose and tail neatly to the rider which whilst also reminding the rider of the company it was made by. It had very nice kicks with the nose slightly more bulbous and steep than the tail aiding the use of the deck in the switch/nollie position. The rounding is super with flat edges and neat kicks. Good rounding flows throughout the deck. The holes seemed perfect by eye and are nicely countersinked. The deck is very thing yet retains excellent "pop" and is very very stiff, stiffer than any other deck i have used. It also had a nice ply combination. Overall 10/10

Craftsmanship:
The craftsmanship was brilliant the deck fitted with trucks well and is rounded extremely consistently aswell as being a nice width and thickness with well pressed plies and extremely well drilled and countersunk holes. Overall 10/10

Set up:
The deck was extremely easy to set up with the holes drilled neatly and countersunk well. I set mine up with Y trucks which took a bit longer due to the Y truck screws being a hassle. 9.5/10

Performance:
The performance of this deck is utterly superb. It has brilliantly crisp pop allowing for brilliant flip and height on tricks. The kicks are a perfectly mellow combination allowing me to land many tricks i haven't landed before such as nollie heelflips. The trucks stay on tight and adhesive tape sticks on well so a smooth ride is ensured. This deck is easily used on all ramps and is nice on vert ramps. This deck is not too mellow and not to hardcore, it's in the middle, catering for many different styles of rider. It is easy to land all flip tricks on and the raised and more bulbous nose allows for a good catch on kickflips amongst other flips. The deck has a very nice weight allowing for great control on tricks as well as helping manuals. The deck is easy to use and perfect as an all rounder with great length and width allowing for great versatility of tricks and versatility of situations in which you can use the deck. Overall 10/10

Conclusion:
This deck is full of benefits. It's very nice to use, well made and a good price at 20 pounds sterling from Blosom (shipped) or 30 US dollars on flatface. It is easy to set up and works well in different environments. It also looks nice and is hand made and stamped with a seal of quality and approval. Overall, a brilliant deck and i highly recommend you acquiring one if you get the chance as they are very very nice. Final verdict 10/10

for more info on Blosom decks you can visit their website by clicking on any of the pictures featured below.

You can purchase the deck from here at Flatface fingerboards:
http://flatfacefingerboards.com/webstore/products/Blosom-Deck.html
Or you can PM "Blosom" on here or on FFI

Pictures:
Blosom Deck Review Dsc_0213
Blosom Deck Review Dsc_0214
Blosom Deck Review Dsc_0215

I hope that you enjoyed my review and that it aided you in your quest for the perfect fingerboard.
Many thanks
Billy

Last edited by Billy Mackean on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 pm

that was a great review dude, if i ever have some spare money to spend on fingerboarding ill need to buy myself a blosom, ahah =]
Back to top Go down
BLU-S
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BLU-S

Companies : videography,photography fingerboarding , fluxmedia

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 pm

good review dude
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/bsinghy
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Great review man,and the pictures are awesome
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:07 pm

thanks guys, hope it was informative happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:07 pm

hey

thanks

glad you enjoy it happy
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

I can't say this is a great review, their must be some faults with the deck no deck can be perfect there must have been something you didn't like at first?
All decks I've tried have had one or more faults...
But the review was good in depth.
I'm not sure how everyone who's had one has liked it, sure the craftmanship's great but for me the shape isn't my preference nor is the length x width but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

blosoms are like terminators.

they just are the most magical decks

but i guess i have no right to say that

my baby blosom is still on the way to my home

and it needs care and love <3

:3

this is the most awkward thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:40 am

Finn S wrote:
I can't say this is a great review, their must be some faults with the deck no deck can be perfect there must have been something you didn't like at first?
I'm not sure how everyone who's had one has liked it, sure the craftmanship's great but for me the shape isn't my preference nor is the length x width but that's just me.

I get where you are coming from Finn.
there are basically no faults. i love it. the rounding is perfect apart from two parts where it gets a tad sharp. but that detail is so small that to notice it you have to look at it under a light. and if i think a deck is flawless, does that mean i have to look at it over and over to find one small flaw because nothing can be perfect? well you're right not much is perfect in this world, but when you like something so much. you don't care about small flaws they become part of the reason you like it. when you don't like something that much and believe there is something better, these flaws become things you blame the fact you don't like it on. Therefore turning them in to something much much greater. With this deck that is the case. there is one minor error and that's it. It's so small if anything it makes the deck feel unique to me as when i see it i remember it's hand made and there is not another deck identical to it. the deck is perfect in my eyes. am i not aloud to feel that? or am i such a 'malleable' person to think that if Blosoms have had so much hype and build up that the deck has to satisfy all my preferences completely? no. i feel like this genuinely and i didn't just put on a facade to make Blosom decks look good in a review. no i truly mean it.

Thanks for your query though Finn and thanks everyone else for their comments too.
happy
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

Companies : Labrador Fingerboards

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Great in depth review happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 pm

I thought it was a great review. It doesn't hurt to write about minor flaws in reviews, that's the kind of thing I want to know about and I'm pretty sure Ross wants to know about them so he can improve. If it doesn't affect performance, you can just write that. Even my BWNM had a slight rounding flaw on the nose.
Back to top Go down
Dom-Mattocks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Finn S wrote:

kerry rated it 10/10 on everything as well :/
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Mattoxx_96 wrote:
Finn S wrote:

kerry rated it 10/10 on everything as well :/

Well of course he did. Kerry is on the Blosom team. No offense to Kerry but I feel like reviews could be biased if you're actually on the team. I'm not saying it is or isn't.
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Xi wrote:
I'm hoping you are taking my comments as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack. If you read it carefully, I'm pointing out quite a few useful things to help you.

This^
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Nedim V wrote:
Xi wrote:
I'm hoping you are taking my comments as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack. If you read it carefully, I'm pointing out quite a few useful things to help you.

This^

i didn't take it personally i just answered. and Xi you're right i should have mentioned that in hindsight. But, everyone knows now so there is no point in changing it.
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 am

Amazing deck, Not the best bottem ply i have seen, but still looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blosom Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blosom Deck Review   Blosom Deck Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Blosom Deck Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1