Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalYoutube Question for those who have youtube accounts  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FingerSkater890
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerSkater890

Companies : Fingerboarding

Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  Empty
PostSubject: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 pm

well, I guess this is my 3rd post in a row, but I just have soo many questions to ask. I've noticed majority of fingerboarders in this forum has lots of subscribers. Here is my question, How do you get them? (Noob Question)
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 pm

By being awsome wink .
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

Companies : Labrador Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm

I barely have any subscribers haha happy

But alot of people on this forum gets lots of subscribers by doing creative but techy tricks, editing the video well, and then posting it on a site like this or FFI to show it to people. If people like your style and everything they'll sub. But make videos for fun- as soon as it becomes work you'll never want to do it again
Back to top Go down
FingerSkater890
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerSkater890

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm

what do you mean by "as soon as it becomes work" ?
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm

She means don't do it for subs and sponsorship. Just fingerboard because its fun and try to make your videos look nice and clean, and people will sub.
Back to top Go down
FingerSkater890
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerSkater890

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 pm

ok, I get it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 pm

Yeah basically thats what I meant happy

Also that if your just doing it for subscribers/sponsors then you'll feel like you need to put out videos, so you'll put them out just to please others. Just do it for fun and you won't go wrong very happy
Back to top Go down
FingerSkater890
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerSkater890

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks for the Advice Labrador_FB , I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah no problem- good luck! happy
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Maybe some
Folks do sub for sub, better of doing ot the legit way, that way people will watch your videos
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:06 am

sub 4 sub.No way!That just proves you cant get subs
Back to top Go down
Toebex
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Toebex

Companies : Anus
Setup : Dicks

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 am

This is going to sound really dicky and douchy, but I get this question at least twice every day. It annoys me.

You get subscribers by making good videos, not videos with a 0.0001x Megapixel camera (so you cant see anything) and contains tricks like "roll along" and "kind of ollie". They all say that they are so good and deserve more, which a lot of people dont. HOWEVER, there are some people that make amazing videos (like tombussien) and has a good quality camera so you can see the tricks. It takes a long time to get subscribers (took me a year to get 100, NOT 1000). Just make good videos that people will watch and be patient. It takes a while (especially with fingerboarding, as the demographic is much smaller). Honestly, I dont think my videos are amazing, but people seem to think they are really good. I put an anus load of effort into a hell of a lot of my videos (such as The blue and Secrets) which I think is a major bonus.

I know I sounded like the biggest sack of knob cheese and bacon sauce, but its true. I didn't want to sound mean, sorry if I did.

P.S: Im not saying this because I have a few subscribers, its just a fact. It just annoys me when people ask this, because it obvious when you look at smosh or even spazpants (who makes the best fb videos in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:03 am

Get friendly with people, talk to them, that'll land you a good few subscribers, who'll probably forward your videos on. But as Rory said, making a "good" video seems to work, well edited, good music. I've landed a couple of YouTube homepage videos and they've gotten me a good few subs. Another way is to make how-to's of difficult tricks, they tend to get the most views. Although it doesn't necessarily equate to subscribers (one of my how-to videos in 2006 has now got around 200,000 views, and i have about 730 subscribers.).

Anyway, all this talk, i'm going to get a subway.
Back to top Go down
Toebex
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Toebex

Companies : Anus
Setup : Dicks

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 am

Thom McInally wrote:
Get friendly with people, talk to them, that'll land you a good few subscribers, who'll probably forward your videos on. But as Rory said, making a "good" video seems to work, well edited, good music. I've landed a couple of YouTube homepage videos and they've gotten me a good few subs. Another way is to make how-to's of difficult tricks, they tend to get the most views. Although it doesn't necessarily equate to subscribers (one of my how-to videos in 2006 has now got around 200,000 views, and i have about 730 subscribers.).

Anyway, all this talk, i'm going to get a subway.

TASTY.
Back to top Go down
FingerSkater890
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerSkater890

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Thank you for all the advice, it really helps. Sorry for the inconvinience Toebex for asking this question awkward but Thanks!
Back to top Go down
eddie.s.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
eddie.s.

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Just post videos.
Back to top Go down
http://eddiethellama.tumblr.com
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:54 pm

do dubtages and collabs. sub fbers that may sub u back and don't be afraid to ask and if you have a nice clean steezy style and you post some vids up you might get lucky happy
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Just make awsome videos.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Perhaps if you post some constructive comments on other fingerboarder videos, people might look into your channel.

Whenever people post those sort of comments on my channel/videos, or send friend requests, I usually check out their channel and if I like it, I'll sub.

I don't have a decent camera or editing skills so I'm just relying on the quality of fingerboarding. Almost at 100 subs now. >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts    Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts  Empty

Back to top Go down

Youtube Question for those who have youtube accounts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1