Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNewest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

Location : well at the moment im sat on my laptop if that answers the q?
Companies : Oblivion Skate Team

Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Let me guess, they look coincidentally similar to tech deck trucks?

also, having tried bearing wheels i will never be able to use TD wheels ever again. They feel like they are glued to the truck!
Back to top Go down
Trop32
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Trop32

Companies : Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Fingerboarding
Setup : Jack shit.

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:52 am

Dam you got screwed over
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:07 am

stevenfilms wrote:
MaxL wrote:
CrazzzzyBoarder wrote:
damn max, i guess you paid the price for everyone who took a chance and bought china!

It's not all so bad... The trucks are pretty much the same as dump trucks and the wheels aren't that bad from what I've heard... I don't really like the decks though.

Just buy from a real store.
That's cuz they are the same haha.

haha yup, trucks in this world are td regs + wides, china wides (an old td wide mold that got sold off by a factory that was making td wides when they stopped using the mold), china 'shaped wides', closeup wides, ys, and brrs. Chances are most people either have china wides, or china shaped wides.
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:36 pm

what about low pro wides? just asking coz i just bought some and i want to feel special!
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:39 pm

They're exactly the same. Just different tuning awkward
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm

exactly the same as finn says. if you have trucks that aren't td, y, closeup, or brr, you have china trucks. simple as, there are no other truck producers out there.

With the exception of hand shaped wides I guess, as they're hand shaped china trucks/td trucks, but those don't really exist any more
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Really... damn i guess that's why they are so inexpensive sad
Back to top Go down
MartinRobs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MartinRobs

Companies : U of O
Setup : Homewood M9, 30mm wide
Propaganda trucks (gold)
Bollie wheels (red)
Foamy greatness tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Img_2018Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Img_2019Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Img_2020Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Img_2021Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Img_2022

Got my homewood in the mail on monday. Thought I would post my new setup!

Homewood M9, 5 ply (black lacewood on the bottom), 30mm wide.
Gold propaganda trucks
Red bollie wheels

This setup is great! Would recommend to anyone. A lot of people get worried about the M9 shape (thinking it will be too deep and high) but to be honest, I went from a close up to this and it feels so much better (almost flat).
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:55 pm

noice.
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm

yeah but close ups are know for being deep, so you would find it almost flat...
Back to top Go down
MartinRobs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MartinRobs

Companies : U of O
Setup : Homewood M9, 30mm wide
Propaganda trucks (gold)
Bollie wheels (red)
Foamy greatness tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:46 pm

CrazzzzyBoarder wrote:

Thanks for double posting.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
stevenfilms wrote:
MaxL wrote:
CrazzzzyBoarder wrote:
damn max, i guess you paid the price for everyone who took a chance and bought china!

It's not all so bad... The trucks are pretty much the same as dump trucks and the wheels aren't that bad from what I've heard... I don't really like the decks though.

Just buy from a real store.
That's cuz they are the same haha.

haha yup, trucks in this world are td regs + wides, china wides (an old td wide mold that got sold off by a factory that was making td wides when they stopped using the mold), china 'shaped wides', closeup wides, ys, and brrs. Chances are most people either have china wides, or china shaped wides.

But there's a bit more than you think...

These are the funkiest China trucks I own (they're regulars):
Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 9ecd74651fdf661e88641b5f95eb0376

Prototype TD longboard trucks:
Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Longboardclose

TD regular trucks have had so many different models. The original ones have had kingpins that stuck out and they used to use steel bolts instead of brass. The hangers have changed shape a few times, some models have had coloured paint jobs (including some limited gold coloured ones), they've also changed the bushing shapes where the top and bottom are the same and then made them white instead of orange. The current trucks are also chrome. Dual axle.

These differ from China regular trucks as China regs have a big horizontal mold mark along the hanger, TD hangers don't have this. These China trucks are based on the old TD molds. Dual axle.

Also notice the funky chrome China regs from my pic. Probably dual axle.

China wides
are probably the most common trucks out there. It seems like almost everywhere that sells trucks (including Flatface Dump trucks, No Comply, any distribution company...) sells these. There are also some variations as some have sticking out kingpins and some don't (depending on where you buy from). Bollie & Redawn shaped trucks are modded China wides. Dual axle.

TD wides might seem like China wides but the hangers have slightly different shapes. Dual axle.

TD Competition trucks are a piece of shit. They are single axle but knowing how TD operates, they have designed them so that they still break easily. The wheels are also fixed to the fucking trucks so you can't change them. There are 3 versions of these, 23mm & 25mm versions from the original Competition series and a 25mm version from the G1 and G2 Wood Competition Series. The Indy branding on them also look really shit.

Also notice the funky chrome China regs from my pic.

There are also 3 versions of TD longboard trucks. X-Concepts made 33mm trucks way before extra wide boards were popular and Spin Master came out with some 32mm trucks a year ago. I've got 2 sets of each for when I get a wide deck. Both are dual axle. There's a picture above with the prototype longboard trucks that look really awesome.

Who remembers Close Up regulars and wides? Blackriver claim to have made the first professional fingerboard truck but Close Up were the first to make their own trucks with their own designs featuring the first single axles. The trucks that came with G1 completes (and early G2 completes) were 23mm wide with a rectangular baseplate, flush kingpins, single axle, silicone bushings with metal washers. They then added colours, a branded logo and improved bushings in the G2 & G3 sets. The G4 trucks are just like the regular ones but 29mm wide, a size that most people enjoy. The bushings and conical washers are their best bushing system ever. There are also special versions of G4 hangers designed for bearing wheels. The pivot cup is also a cup and not a hole. Kinda bugs me how Swat.cz have classed the trucks lower than Propaganda.

Everyone obviously likes Blackriver trucks (BRTs / BRRs, I don't see the logic in people calling them BRRs). 2.0s differ from 1.0s with a more stable axle, lock nuts and a larger baseplate. I would also note that the pivot cups have their own soft cup for stable pivoting.

Ytrucks have had their X1, X2 and X3 generations. They were the first to produce autoblock nuts (plastic threaded nuts). I would also note that the pivot cups have their own soft cup for stable pivoting. Single axle.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Wow.^
Xi knows his shit shocked
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Xi wrote:

TD regular trucks have had so many different models. The original ones have had kingpins that stuck out and they used to use steel bolts instead of brass. The hangers have changed shape a few times, some models have had coloured paint jobs (including some limited gold coloured ones), they've also changed the bushing shapes where the top and bottom are the same and then made them white instead of orange. The current trucks are also chrome. Dual axle.

These differ from China regular trucks as China regs have a big horizontal mold mark along the hanger, TD hangers don't have this. These China trucks are based on the old TD molds. Dual axle.

Also notice the funky chrome China regs from my pic. Probably dual axle.

China wides
are probably the most common trucks out there. It seems like almost everywhere that sells trucks (including Flatface Dump trucks, No Comply, any distribution company...) sells these. There are also some variations as some have sticking out kingpins and some don't (depending on where you buy from). Bollie & Redawn shaped trucks are modded China wides. Dual axle.

TD wides might seem like China wides but the hangers have slightly different shapes. Dual axle.

TD Competition trucks are a piece of shit. They are single axle but knowing how TD operates, they have designed them so that they still break easily. The wheels are also fixed to the fucking trucks so you can't change them. There are 3 versions of these, 23mm & 25mm versions from the original Competition series and a 25mm version from the G1 and G2 Wood Competition Series. The Indy branding on them also look really shit.

Also notice the funky chrome China regs from my pic.

There are also 3 versions of TD longboard trucks. X-Concepts made 33mm trucks way before extra wide boards were popular and Spin Master came out with some 32mm trucks a year ago. I've got 2 sets of each for when I get a wide deck. Both are dual axle. There's a picture above with the prototype longboard trucks that look really awesome.

Who remembers Close Up regulars and wides? Blackriver claim to have made the first professional fingerboard truck but Close Up were the first to make their own trucks with their own designs featuring the first single axles. The trucks that came with G1 completes (and early G2 completes) were 23mm wide with a rectangular baseplate, flush kingpins, single axle, silicone bushings with metal washers. They then added colours, a branded logo and improved bushings in the G2 & G3 sets. The G4 trucks are just like the regular ones but 29mm wide, a size that most people enjoy. The bushings and conical washers are their best bushing system ever. There are also special versions of G4 hangers designed for bearing wheels. The pivot cup is also a cup and not a hole. Kinda bugs me how Swat.cz have classed the trucks lower than Propaganda.

Everyone obviously likes Blackriver trucks (BRTs / BRRs, I don't see the logic in people calling them BRRs). 2.0s differ from 1.0s with a more stable axle, lock nuts and a larger baseplate. I would also note that the pivot cups have their own soft cup for stable pivoting.

Ytrucks have had their X1, X2 and X3 generations. They were the first to produce autoblock nuts (plastic threaded nuts). I would also note that the pivot cups have their own soft cup for stable pivoting. Single axle.

Xi is a damn encyclopedia.
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Photo-12

4c zebrawood deck with 4c tape, havok hanger with 4c bearing wheels and the 4c baseplate with prowood tuning
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Xi wrote:
snip

Damn... wanna do my math homework?
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 pm

hahaha he's an enxiclopedia very happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 am

kerryDETH wrote:

I should punish you for that >.<
Back to top Go down
GoFingaBoarding
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GoFingaBoarding

Companies : Just Fingerboards, Fingerboarding
Setup : Forgiven Fingerboards Old mold, Tech Deck wides with Teflon tuning, Flatface G6Ds and 4cfingerboards Tape.

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:17 am

anyone have there opinion on redawn trucks? there def not handshaped so im pretty sure he molds them him self and put his own axles and kingpins in everything.
heres a link
http://www.redawn.net/
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:16 am

nah ^ they're just China wides happy
you can buy them in bulk like that shocked
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Xi wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:

I should punish you for that >.<

MinL approves.
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 pm

MartinRobs wrote:
CrazzzzyBoarder wrote:

Thanks for double posting.

i didnt...?

lol xi if there is ever a fbwiki i will know who was behind it happy

Back to top Go down
DroidZzz
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DroidZzz

Companies : Fingerboard,Skate,Snowboard n Longboard

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Imag0211
Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Imag0212 Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Imag0213

1.Low pro k4
Brr trucks 2.0
Winkler wheelz
Rip tape
Brr tuning

2. Scott b
Bollie trucks
ff g6d's wheels
ProWood tape
ProWood tuning
Back to top Go down
CrazzzzyBoarder
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrazzzzyBoarder

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 pm

actually love that lowpro setup, nice job
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:24 pm

I fucking love the graphic on the Scott B. that's like right up my alley. very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.   Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread. - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newest Decks/Setups Official Thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next