Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow do you know when you've got scammed ?! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you know when you've got scammed ?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

Setup : Redemption Agape
TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

How do you know when you've got scammed ?! Empty
PostSubject: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:56 pm

I just wondering how you know when you've got scammed because I brought this fingerboard of this guy from YouTube. ( US to UK ) I've been waiting for the package to come for over 2 weeks. And the week after I brought something else from an YouTuber ( US to UK ) and it came in a week! Should I be worried?
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 pm

well, you dont get your stuff and the guys called holden.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Whats his youtube name??? and guys dont trade with XxKidCuDixx666' he tried to scam me.
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 pm

CrisperFB I'm not sure if he's defiantly scammed me yet though but... It's been 2 weeks already. Flateface orders to the UK do take around 2-3 weeks? Right?
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:12 pm

nope i think a week to 2
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:12 pm

if its been a month i would start to be conserened
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 pm

:'/
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 pm

chiller123 wrote:

this, post can be slow as fuck sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:46 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
chiller123 wrote:

this, post can be slow as fuck sometimes.

This, except it's "concerned". I'd probably contact the guy to make sure he sent it and if you still haven't got it in 2 weeks, I'd probably file a Paypal dispute if you paid that way.
Back to top Go down
Doug76
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Doug76

Setup : Scott B 34mm Split Ply
Brr Trucks V1
Winks. wink

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Send the guy a PM on Youtube, if he doesn't reply within a few days then you may be concerned if he gave you a tracking number which is false, then you may be scammed, if he hasn't logged on youtube in quite sometime then I think you've got scammed.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Doug76 wrote:
Send the guy a PM on Youtube, if he doesn't reply within a few days then you may be concerned if he gave you a tracking number which is false, then you may be scammed, if he hasn't logged on youtube in quite sometime then I think you've got scammed.

I once got a tracking number that didn't work at all but I got the item in the end anyway. It was from FFI Transactions and most people there are legit anyway.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Only trade with people throughout a trustworthy community such as fbhq. This does you 2 things
1. If it's someone legit, they won't scam you. If they do you can publicly say that they did and their rep would be somewhat ruined, and if you paid with PayPal, file a dispuit, 2 in 1. 2. If you do successful trades throughout here, you gain a rep as being a trustworthy trader, that can help ease the other trader's feelings while doing biz with you. Ending awkwardness and providing reliabilty.

Because a hesitant first sender will probably not rush the package out to you, s/he would probably chill for a while, hoping not to get scammed. But I don't think that's the case here. If you hear no word on anything, you got scammed.

But in this thread I think Henry is searching for answers along the lines of: What are the signs of a scammer?

(Personal Experience)
1. The trader is seemingly in a hustle to get a move on to get the money, anyway, which how, PayPal, CIM, Check, etc... to me they usually have not cared much for product, maybe they don't even fingerboard at all.
2. NO YouTube videos, 10 channel views, 0 subscribers, NO profile pic, (Blank Channel) etc...
3. Either has poor puncuation and spelling, or capitalizes the first letter of every word. (Holden does that, if that happens, probable good chance that it may be him).
4. A sense of shady eithics in general.
5. Has "a lot" of product with prices that almost feel like they are giving them away, again with no YouTube videos, providing proof of actual possession.
6. "Just bought all this stuff off FlatFace and I don't want it anymore so i'll just sell it for cheap".

There are many signs, anyone feel free to add or modify to the list. I think that would be good and that this thread could be very informational on people a little sketched out for their first time trading with others.

Straight and simple, trade with fingerboarders that you know and trust right away, in fbhq. Been scammed too many times to go with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks guys! That's one of the reasons I love fbhq!
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Just to let you know, please don't send any rude messages to CrispersFB because he may not have scammed me and it might just be a mailing problem.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:10 pm

nice double post
Back to top Go down
CanadianBoarders
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
CanadianBoarders

Companies : canadawood
Setup : berlin wood new mold with rip tape oakwood fbs trucks and winkler wheels

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 am

I once had to wait for 8 months. If its over 4 months, then get concerned. Thats what I do.
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:26 am

if they don't answer your youtube pm's, i've gotten scammed once. holden made a fake account and scammed me.

he didn't answer my pm's
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:19 am

Is Holden on here under another name? I think he is. pm me if you want more details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when you've got scammed ?!   How do you know when you've got scammed ?! Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you know when you've got scammed ?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1