Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalThis place  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This place

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

This place  Empty
PostSubject: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:05 am

Recently I've noticed that this place is changing, in a bad way :/.
Firstly, people have changed, some people come here, 'troll' and spam and act like dicks, then all of the sheep on here think its cool so they do it too. Now some of the people I was closest to are changing, like they don't really acknowledge me anymore, just because I'm not a sheep.
Lots of people hardly come here now who I was good friends with, blosom, flex, etc. it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason tbh.
Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps the scene itself is changing and I just don't belong here anymore, idk :/
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:21 am

first, I'ma reply to your PM in a second, sorry I didn't reply yesterday, I was too tired to properly think yesterday, loooong day. fucking job centre.

second.. <3 you've always been one of my closest friends ever since I came here, so I hope you stay!

third.. there are more kids here now, which means there will inevitably be more spam and trolling. I'm trying my best to keep it at bay, and you can too. we need to get ross to come here more often, I'll message him in a bit as I want him to come down for my mini event.

fourth.. "be the change, you want to see in the world" - I forget who that's a quote from, but if you don't like things about this place, don't run away, use your powers, talk to me, and help change it to something better.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 am

ah, thanks happy and yeah, you've always been one of mine <3 your one of the people who hasn't really changed happy that's part of the reason your one of my best friends ;D you don't follow the crowd happy
yeah message ross happy also, that new mod idea on Staff Area? did you do anything else with that? he'd make a great mod happy
and I guess this was partially me being depressed and angry cause my phone was being a retard. it stuck itself in safe mode? O.o
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am

What kind of changes are you talking about then? Almost all forums have trolls and spam and we just combat it as a standard act of maintenence. I only joined FBHQ this year so I'm not aware of any changes since I'm only a recently joined member.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 am

well I was talking about trolls really, we never used to have any, then people turned into trolls as soon as we got one or two :/
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:29 am

FBHQ was dieing, and then there was a sudden fulury of traffic to the site and more memebers joined. And i have noticed over the past month or so the pointless spaming.even from mebers who have been here for ages :/
Back to top Go down
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 am

wtf danny?
if you leave things can only get worse.
you stayin' bro!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:34 am

yeah I'm staying wink
I was just being a depressing thing.
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:51 am

i really cant say anything because im still a bit of a newbie to fbhq but since i joined i do think it has changed and dosent feel as friendly as it did when i first joined, it might be because harry yeates never comes on though :'(
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:27 am

He hardly ever comes on anyway.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:42 am

yeh i have noticed this..i have been a dick recently myself, i will stop.. this place lost something, but i'm sure it will be back soon happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Maybe I haven't really noticed this because I lurk in places full of trolls and have become accustomed to it.

Miaow.
Back to top Go down
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:16 pm

I hope you don't take my next words as charlatanism.

I know there are lots of kids on here, but look. I just turned 13 two days ago. I'm a "kid" and I don't spam or troll or do anything bad on purpose. I type with what I 95% perfect syntax, and I try to contribute with relevant info.

Don't use being a kid as an excuse.

I've just lately become active again so I don't notice any changes as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:35 pm

He's obviously talking about the vast majority Crunch. If you know you're not to blame and have acted well, then there's no need to take offense.

I can think of a few people on this board that just constantly spam and they're all under the age of 14. you're obviously not one of them crunchy.

It's likely the reason why alot of people have left. charlie murray, jonny sivvel, tom colbert, ross (to some extent), Harry and I know there's more.

basically the annoying kids that get booted out of ffi, come here and get about 10 people saying 'welcome' in the intro thread (cos it's a friendly forum), and all of a sudden they're part of the family... sadly it's the annoying little brother you want to push down the stairs. Then they go back to ffi and brag about how cool fbhq is and that they're really liked and accpeted there. and all the ffi people are thinking is 'Well, fuck that then, If HE'S cool there, it must be FULL of dicks.'

lolololololrant
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:52 pm

i feel it to.

Ive not left/been around any less, (well maybe a little) i just dont seem to post as much as i used to. (more often than not its not worth it) i know thats a terrible thing to say, but thats how i feel a little.

i love each and everyone on this forum, gone are the days of the early 'friendly' fbhq i feel. in some ways thats great, but in others not so.

i guess its down to progress in the scene, fingerboarding is huge and that is good.

Ive not gone. dont worry. i still clean the mean streets at night and early morning doing my fair share of neck wringing. (mainly holden's)

you have not been about much yourself though Danny.....you know where my pm button is if you need a chat wink

Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:56 pm

cartledge wrote:
He's obviously talking about the vast majority Crunch. If you know you're not to blame and have acted well, then there's no need to take offense.

I can think of a few people on this board that just constantly spam and they're all under the age of 14. you're obviously not one of them crunchy.

It's likely the reason why alot of people have left. charlie murray, jonny sivvel, tom colbert, ross (to some extent), Harry and I know there's more.

basically the annoying kids that get booted out of ffi, come here and get about 10 people saying 'welcome' in the intro thread (cos it's a friendly forum), and all of a sudden they're part of the family... sadly it's the annoying little brother you want to push down the stairs. Then they go back to ffi and brag about how cool fbhq is and that they're really liked and accpeted there. and all the ffi people are thinking is 'Well, fuck that then, If HE'S cool there, it must be FULL of dicks.'

lolololololrant
Haha,
Honestly, I hate all of the memegenerator images that get posted here, they're just annoying, and haven't made me laugh at all. I've also noticed all of the dicky attitudes on here. I hope I'm not one of the people who have changed? I can't post anything else right now, my mom made french toast and egg just now, and I'm hungry as fuckkkkk. tongue
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 pm

stevenfilms wrote:
cartledge wrote:

lolololololrant
Haha,
Honestly, I hate all of the memegenerator images that get posted here, they're just annoying, and haven't made me laugh at all. I've also noticed all of the dicky attitudes on here. I hope I'm not one of the people who have changed? I can't post anything else right now, my mom made french toast and egg just now, and I'm hungry as fuckkkkk. tongue

Agreed. I do enjoy the occasional meme but saturation, bitch.

It's good to hear the opinions of the users here though, I can now see it from other people's points of view.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:17 pm

yeah the occasional meme is good. its shows were human. but timing is everything.

i dont want to see pages and pages of them in setups for instance....

but a well placed funny one makes most peoples day.

also HUGE pointless signatures get on my nerves...
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:28 pm

blosom wrote:
yeah the occasional meme is good. its shows were human. but timing is everything.

i dont want to see pages and pages of them in setups for instance....

but a well placed funny one makes most peoples day.

also HUGE pointless signatures get on my nerves...

Agreed. It's refreshing to see a post by you on here. It shows you still have a presence and you make good points. happy
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:34 pm

I've noticed in the short time that I've been here (I lurked for a month or 2 before I actually registered) that we have a increasing number of trolls and just people being general dicks...

I hate to say it too but it seems like it's mostly the kids who are fucking around.

MATURITY... IT'S TODAY'S WORD OF THE DAY.
Back to top Go down
Alex.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Alex.

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Maturity is over-rated. I think everyone should be immature when they're young and have a great time. Everyone's always racing to grow up, and then once you reach a certain age you start trying to reverse the process. Just act your age. As long as there are 12 yr olds on here, there will be people acting like 12 yr olds. Everyone agrees it's no solution to disallow kids membership, so just leave it.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:37 pm

too tired to make a full post about this, but I am thinking of classing constant use of memes as spam, and thus a warning that will count towards people getting temp (and maybe but hopefully not) perma bans. They just add to this boring, dull, brainless not funny vibe that plagues most of the internet. Congratulations, you thought of something to say so you had to put it on a picture, EVERY TIME. Once? Brings the giggles. Many times? Brings the snores.

Ross, its good to have you posting more my friend happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:47 pm

just use a bit of moderator discretion Kerry.

if there are constant abusers of memes warn them.

id hate to see them totally gone, but like i said above, there is a time and place for everything.

i think alot of it is that once one person posts one, a lot of users follow suit and decide to fill the whole thread up with them.....not good.

*Kerry* ahhh thanks :oops: i have been neglecting fingerboarding/blosom in general. but its time now to pull my finger out cat
Back to top Go down
Alex.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Alex.

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:56 pm

This place  Insanity_Wolf_-_Calm_down_Im_sure_theres_a_reasonable_solution_here
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

This place  Empty
PostSubject: Re: This place    This place  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:11 pm