Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalProwood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review Empty
PostSubject: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Board Specs:
- MediumHigh Concave
- High Kicks
- Symmetrical (nose isnt longer than tail like berlinwoods, which is a good thing for most people)
- 97mm long (shorter between trucks for more control and consistency on flip tricks)
- can choose between 26, 27,28,29, or 30 mm widths for customization.

My Review:

Craftsmanship:
This deck is amazing. End of story. One of the best ive tried in my life (ive used blosoms, BW, yellowood etc). The craftsmanship is what really makes this deck shine. it is impeccable. All holes are drilled and countersunk perfectly and all aligned. The board has no Kingpin holes however but this is no problem nowadays. the plies were completely adhered to one another and no splitting has occured in the 8 months ive owned the deck. They lacquer the deck to perfection, and even after multiple lipslides on concrete it still shines on.Only gripe is that one countersink was the slightest bit too deep but this really doesnt mean anything whatsoever. these decks are made with care and pride and it truly shows through.

Craftsmanship: 9/10 (10 being a Blosom)

Performance:
This deck is an absolute tank. It is the strongest, most resilient and toughest deck ive owned. If you buy one, youll be amazed at how stiff the deck is. it gives no bending whatsoever when you try to snap it. I mean NO BEND. this is due to Prowood's method of ply crossing. 2 of the five plies go cross-grain to fortify the strength and ensure massive pop. ive dropped and accidentally stepped on this thing so many times, but it hasnt wavered yet. amazing.

The control that the length of this board offers is great too. because it is shorter between the trucks, your fingers have to move a shorter distance to flick the trick, increasing consistency and tech. very smart idea by Prowood.

this deck is a complete performer. you will not be let down in the slightest. I have no suggestions other than make the deck a tad heavier for control which i will explain below.

Performance: 9/10 (ten being a yellowood)

ONE THING YOU WILL HAVE TO GET USED TO:
this deck is very light. VERY light. which is amazing seeing as its the toughest deck ive used. this may take some time to get the hang of if you are used to heavier decks like Berlinwoods. it may be a good thing for some who enjoy a lighter deck, but I was able to use it very well after a day or two.

These decks are a hidden gem of fingerboarding, and at a mindboggling $11.95 US, you cant pass this up. customer service is amazing, and Jim Vickers (the owner) is an amazing guy. He answered all my emails within ten hours of me sending them and was always nice and informative. even more so, completely unannounced, when i ordered the deck, he included a free set of tuned protrucks and a free set of their bearing wheels which was absolutely amazing.

Get yourself a prowood Extreme Mold pro-series deck today.

*also their prowood slimtape is really good. just saying.
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:07 am

You must be new? Great review though
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 am

I know about the whole Prowood vs No Comply. its just a big menstruation-fest.
Back to top Go down
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 am

You should post a pic of the object that you're reviewing so that all of us can see.
Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:24 am

mikkolangot wrote:
You should post a pic of the object that you're reviewing so that all of us can see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:26 am

Good review.

But as everyone else said... pics or it didn't happen. happy
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 am

haha fair enough im just lazy and dont know how to operate a camera but ill get pics up tomorrow at the latest. they wont be the greatest quality ill probably just use my iphone tongue
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

Companies : Prowood Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm

RM, I am not sure how I missed your review before, but thanks! I appreciate your thoughts.

Not sure when I made this board, but it must have been a while back as I do have kingpin holes on my decks now.

Someone on my team has just asked me to make them a 7 ply board. I'm going to try it.. and I know it will be interesting. Also, still working on new shapes for nose/tail.

Stay tuned, new stuff is being developed everyday!
Cheers,
Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.prowoodfingerboards.com.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review   Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Prowood Extreme Mold Pro Series Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1