Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalA dilemme regarding my hands. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A dilemme regarding my hands.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

A dilemme regarding my hands. Empty
PostSubject: A dilemme regarding my hands.   A dilemme regarding my hands. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Alright guys heres something ive noticed: I can only fingerboard well when the palm of my hand is lower than the surface of the table. by this i mean my palm is usually off the edge of the table and the deck is usually near the edge as well. when i try to ride with my palm over the table, im horrible. i can barely ollie.

is this just me? ive been watching minis to see if others do this too but its hard to tell.

confused
Back to top Go down
WillD
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
WillD

Setup : Berlinwood
YTrucks X3
Winkler Wheels BRR
FBS

PostSubject: Re: A dilemme regarding my hands.   A dilemme regarding my hands. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 pm

That's completely normal, you have to really practice fingerboarding over a surface. Your not just weird tongue Once you get it though, it's just the same, try to focus on using your actual fingers more rather than your wrist.
Back to top Go down
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: A dilemme regarding my hands.   A dilemme regarding my hands. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:40 am

RM you're not alone lol.. I usually sit while FB'ing because of that issue. If I'm gonna stand while seshing, the surface must be like 3-4 inches above my waist to meet my comfort zone otherwise its really hard for me to pop if lower than that. But yeah if you keep practicing you'll get used to it.
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: A dilemme regarding my hands.   A dilemme regarding my hands. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:18 am

yeah the feeling of having your wrist at an angle where the palm of your hand is like 2 inches abouve the surface is really awkward. its gonna take a while to get used to. good to know its not just me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A dilemme regarding my hands.   A dilemme regarding my hands. Empty

Back to top Go down

A dilemme regarding my hands.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1