Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRedmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) Empty
PostSubject: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 am

I didn't like this tape, one single bit. Watch the video to see why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkYT41-qXo

Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:35 am

Did you even let in wear in?
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 am

I was way to thick to even ride.
Back to top Go down
Ayden B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ayden B

Setup : Emanant
tdlb trucks
flatface g6e

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:58 am

then wear it down until it's your preference. i've had top notch tape and flow tape. they were pretty thick and the backing was double side tape as well but they still were one of the best tapes i have tried besides fbs. old creekwood tape had THE strongest adhesive backing from any other tape i have tried and it was also thick as hell but i still use it. i just modified it by wearing the tape in before i placed it on a deck and i used scissors instead of a file to cut it (neater and cleaner). i kinda have to loosen up the stickiness of the double sided tape also. you gotta at least give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:06 am

That blows about how thick it is. Maybe you'll like it once you wear it in?
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:49 am

I'm no expert...

But I'd say you should probably let it wear in a bit before you judge it.

I've heard good things about it already anyways.
Back to top Go down
Daniel.H
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daniel.H

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 am

"Incredibly crappy & smooth tape" I think you should change the title of this thread for your pure ignorance and needless hate.
You brought something and your not happy with it, happens in life all the time, so theres no need to act like a little baby about it is there?
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 am

^I actually agree.

This tape is SUPER nice when worn in, it may be thick but there are some great thick tapes out there. Media tape anyone? Soo nice. I prefer riptape, but this is a review on a product you didn't try enough. Nicely not done.

I mean, you're entitled to not like it, but if you don't review a product properly, the review is pointless.
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 am

why dont to redo this video in two weeks time...
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am

I have some on my Redemption hybrid deck but yep, disappointed at how thick it was. Even though I've had it ages, I'm still not liking it. It's nice and porous but just too thick and I don't get enough feel of the deck.
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Why would I want to use the product if like I said, it was to thick. There is no way I'm going to wear 1mm off grip just by riding it, that nonsense. As far as what the tape itself feels like, I said it felt GOOD. The only things I complained about where, the quality of the rubber/foam used, the quality of the backing, and the fact the stuff is way to thick (for me to even want to use).

@Goldmidget, Sorry if you where offended, but by you stating that I'm acting like a baby really don't solve much, or make me want to change the title. I can agree with the fact of how you might see the name as pure ignorance and needless hate, but it was more of a joke. I'm not that upset about the tape at all. I knew what I was getting into when I bought it, I just wanted to see what it was like. Thanks for trying to insult me for joking around, because clearly that joke went right over your midget head. <-- Another joke in case you where to short to catch the one to.

@Kerry, I feel no need to go any farther with using this tape. It's far to thick in my opinion and I just don't enjoy using it. I never stated that the foam itself felt bad, and that would be the only thing that would actually change if I was to wear it in, the thickness would wear down all of maybe 1/4 of a mm if I was lucky. I don't think I didn't give the tape enough time to prove itself, because most of the flaws noticed can be noticed by anyone as soon as you look at the tape/ put it on their deck. Also, I'm sorry you feel the review is pointless.

@Xi, I refused to use it, but I believe that what happened to you would be the same thing that will happen to me if I was to wear it in.

You guys also have to remember, this is MY review, meaning my thoughts and opinion on the tape. You don't have to agree, but you don't need to be snide about how you tell me that.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 pm

ngl all the redemption tapes ive had have sucked, all been super hard to cut as you said and have all been really thick (I don't mind too much) but have worn really weirdly.I haven't tried the newest ones so I don't know about those, but seriously, I would change the title of the review happy
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 pm

I really like this tape personally. At first, it was a little weird, but I could tell once it wore in, it would be good. This tape seems like a perfectly fine thickness to me, I believe it's 1mm, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 am

stevenfilms wrote:
I really like this tape personally. At first, it was a little weird, but I could tell once it wore in, it would be good. This tape seems like a perfectly fine thickness to me, I believe it's 1mm, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

I'm more then sure it's 2mm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)   Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape) Empty

Back to top Go down

Redmpetion tape review ( Incredibly crappy & smooth tape)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1