Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalVion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:07 pm

awesome thats a big help, i will recomend tho staying away from a circular design for the logo but i can do something that will look good on a circular sticker, its less graphically appealing for a logo to be a circle cause the eye is use to seeing circles all day so if we can create an overall shape for the logo that is pleasing itll have much more pop then just a circle happy
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:09 pm

lol trust me everyday people tell me that the design isnt exactly what there looking for thats why its called the creative process my goal is to work until u have what u want, not to get pissy cause u didnt like my design haha, so trust me no feeling hurt
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:12 pm

nolaFB212 wrote:
alright well what would u like more cause i have 10 years graphic design skills and if i know a general direction ill get u a logo that would cost you 200 dollars if you came into my design firm but im willing to do the work to trade for 2 decks lol, so if i have general line of what you want ull be happy with the end product

"i'm some random guy on a forum with no posts or credibility"

General Direction? How about you look at the thread and see where the rest of us have been moving towards?

If you get P.A.I.D the big bucks then don't come in here and bash the freelance work that students like me need to improve our skills.

Also this is a contest... Not a freelance job man you aren't the only doing logo design here.
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 pm

alright i just got all of us info as to what he wants that, and its not like i have an advantage he like my design least out of all of urs, so calm down. sorry i dont have enough post to build up "credibility" cause im totally going to come on a topic about a contest to scam yall lol
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:20 pm

pISS OF nOLA
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:26 pm

dude where did this come from? i havent said one hostel thing to anyone and i got jumped

and maxl for the two on the white background i used illustrator and then took th illustrator file into photoshop with vion on one layer, the green circles on theyre own layers and fingerboards on its own layer i then added a bevel and emboss to vion and then an inner white glow and an outter green glow on the green things, merged those together and flipped it for the reflection and dropped it down to 20% opacity and then blurred it and erased some of it to have a feathered look

not trying to be a bother here so any question u have about the software or anything i can help just ask
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:55 pm

nolaFB212 wrote:
dude where did this come from? i havent said one hostel thing to anyone and i got jumped

and maxl for the two on the white background i used illustrator and then took th illustrator file into photoshop with vion on one layer, the green circles on theyre own layers and fingerboards on its own layer i then added a bevel and emboss to vion and then an inner white glow and an outter green glow on the green things, merged those together and flipped it for the reflection and dropped it down to 20% opacity and then blurred it and erased some of it to have a feathered look

not trying to be a bother here so any question u have about the software or anything i can help just ask

I didn't mean to freak on you man. I just really value the freelance I'm doing here. I'm just having a shitty day.

I'm sorry man. sad
Back to top Go down
avrilsk8terfan012
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avrilsk8terfan012

Companies : Fingerboarding for life!!

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:37 pm

wow!! there sure are a lot of good logos in this thread happy
I like MaxL's design though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/avrilsk8terfan012
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

Companies : Snowboarding, Skating
Setup : Emanant
NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Logo10
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

Companies : Fingerboarding,Pc games,music.
Setup : None at the moment

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:50 pm

That's pretty good! Try putting the Vion under the big V and put the fingerboards under vion or remove fingerboards.
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Is this better?

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Vion_l10
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Vionlo11
Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Vionsi10
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 pm

it might be a little too complex but it sure is sick!
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:58 am

Changed the deadline to 30th october.
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:44 am

do u like it with just the vion under it?
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah it looks alot better.
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:56 am

(:
Back to top Go down
donotfeedcamel
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
donotfeedcamel

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Will. Idk if David thinks this, but if that logo was mAde small, it would maybe be a little complexand not show up as defined as it really should. Maybe David could generate an idea of what you could do to change this to be better, but good job
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:13 pm

David what do you think of the new one
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Its a really good design but try to make something more simple that i will be able to print on stickers. Im looking for a logo, not a banner, if you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 pm

donotfeedcamel wrote:
Will. Idk if David thinks this, but if that logo was mAde small, it would maybe be a little complexand not show up as defined as it really should. Maybe David could generate an idea of what you could do to change this to be better, but good job

Not if it was made in illustrator, you can re-size those to any size and it will still be the same. They're not pixel based. happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
donotfeedcamel
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
donotfeedcamel

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Yeah that's true, but for a logo, It should be aesthethicly pleasing and interesting, but should also simple and visibly defined.
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 am

I'm working on one of the contest decks right now, pics up in an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Forgiven wrote:
donotfeedcamel wrote:

Not if it was made in illustrator, you can re-size those to any size and it will still be the same. They're not pixel based. happy

Wait until they figure out what non-pixel based imagery is...

The reactions are priceless. affraid
Back to top Go down
DavidAntonsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DavidAntonsen

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 IMG_7269

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 IMG_7294

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 IMG_7288

Here's one of the decks for the winner, that i'll announce the 30th of october.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED   Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vion logo contest WINNER ANNOUNCED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next