Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWorking on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? Empty
PostSubject: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Do y'all think its more important to work on riding through a park/ line of obstacles or learning flip tricks first?

i got my ramps set up like this right now and im able to roll through with like bs boardslide on the stair rail landing switch and then to a bs shovit to fs nose slide down the box and then ride back through non switch all very clean but as of right now i can land like 4 outta 10 kicks and then the rest is pretty much on accident lol

Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? Photo-14
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:27 am

Learn your flip tricks first.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:29 am

I wish I had an answer for you but as y'all know I suck at fingerboarding.
Back to top Go down
nolaFB212
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:49 am

lol then me and you are in the same boat max
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:08 am

I would say learning flip tricks is more important though.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 am

Learn your easy stuff first man. After that everything falls into place.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:10 am

learn your basics first
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:25 am

Work on each trick at a time and then you can build up to the lines. Riding through a course isn't really that difficult on fingerboards.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:23 am

I do both at the same time.
There is no reason to sit and practice flip tricks if its not fun. Also, I will rather look at easy tricks done clean than sketchy hard tricks.

But yea, you'll need both to progress.
Back to top Go down
Alex.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Alex.

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:50 am

Do whichever you find more fun.
Back to top Go down
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 pm

My method is to work on all my basics until they;re presentable, only then do I move on to other tricks.

Lines are just stringing together what you learned. Making one is easy, but it'll look ugly if you can do all these tricks crappily.

Oh, and I hope you're not mad at me for what I told you about your plaza thing.
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm

think about skateboarding, people dont attempt handrails before the have your basic flip tricks down, once your confident with the deck you will find your genrally more clean with your lines.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping
Setup : Northwoods BIGSTIC complete FIRE series

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 am

Definitely master your flip tricks first. And learn how to do the basics switch stance. I was very surprised at how much my spontaneous lines improved after getting just my kickflips to grinds down. After that, other flip tricks to grinds and more technical tricks began coming much more natural to me. Out of everything I've learned on a fingerboard, kickflip to 5-0 was by far the hardest thing for me to learn. But after that, more difficult lines like varial heelflips to 5-0's and tre flips to boardslides with a few shove-its and 180's thrown in were much easier to learn, even though the tricks are actually much harder.

I thought I had the hang of things until I began PERFECTING my basic flatland tricks. It opened up a whole new world for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/guitarmeetsjake
mikkolangot
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
mikkolangot

Setup : Main Setup:
FlatFace G13
Blackriver Trucks Rad Red 2.0
FBS Extra Smooth
FF BRR Edition wheels (black)

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:09 pm

LOL, I never thought of this. As much as possible fingerboard doesn't need to be complicated IMO. All what matters is that you're having fun. What I did is don't rush yourself as Xi said before go in your own pace. What I did is, I tried to learn a specific trick first to the point that I can do the trick effortlessly and landing it clean. Then when you got some consistency on it, try to experiment on your plaza by implementing those tricks that you've learned. It would be a lot easier for you to nail down the lines.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 pm

both happy
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:56 pm

I just work on whatever I want. Whatever I feel like doing, whether its flip tricks, grinds, lines, etc. I think if I'm in the mood for what I'm doing, I'll be more likely to get better at it.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Robert wrote:
I just work on whatever I want. Whatever I feel like doing, whether its flip tricks, grinds, lines, etc. I think if I'm in the mood for what I'm doing, I'll be more likely to get better at it.

Just make sure you are having fun or there is no point in persuing any sort of hobby.

Although like skateboarding I would say you would probably have more luck learning on flatland and then bringing those tricks to rails and etc.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 pm

MaxL wrote:
Robert wrote:

Just make sure you are having fun or there is no point in persuing any sort of hobby.

That's kinda what I meant by my post, whatever I feel like doing/what's the most fun to me at the moment. Not just mindlessly practicing flip tricks and grinds or whatever.
Back to top Go down
JackPearson
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JackPearson

Companies : Scootering, Fingerboarding, Football.

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Just try your hardest, and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?   Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground? Empty

Back to top Go down

Working on clean lines first or flip tricks on flat ground?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1