Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalchart music? shit? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chart music? shit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 pm

lol i was looking through the top 40 earlier and realised....about 90%of the songs are shit, heres the top 10 listened:
1.fireflies-owl city
2.one shot-JLS
3.iyaz-replay
4.young forever-Jay-Z, mr hudson
5.under pressure-....jedward <---LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WTF
6.one time-justin beiber
7.starstrukk-katyperry,3OH!3
8.playing with fire-mr hudson, N-Dubz
9.your love is my drug-Ke$ha
10.look for me-chipmunk

LOL HOW CAN PEOPLE LIKE THIS STUFF???
justin beiber is in the top 20 twice, 6 and 13.....wow his career will go down the drain when he hits puberty.hes in the top 40 6 times :L
Ke$ha is in the top 20 three times, 9, 15 and 19
mr hudson is in there twice too
jedward? enough said

i thought the chart was supposed to be good music? not the same artists filling the whole chart up..where has all the good music gone?
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 pm

I don'tknow most of this music, I avoid the charts because its normally shit.

OWL CITY <3 Fucking amazing. Why he released his worst song EVER as a single, I have no idea. Everyone who thinks there could be a teeny bit of good in his music, if you hate fireflies (Which I can see why, I love owl city to bits and barely like that song..) go listen to the album 'maybe I'm dreaming', the one before the latest, which had fireflies on. Its seriously one of the best albums of all time. This amazing dreamy musical voyage through sound and..yea. Its a shame he went more mainstream, maybe I'm dreaming is just sooo fucking good. Well worth a listen, check out songs like 'on the wing', 'rainbow veins', and 'I'll meet you there', you can probs find them on youutubz happy
I think you should all do that, seriously. It makes me sad all people think of owl city is fireflies, which is almost shit.

As for the rest.. Don't get me started on how much I fucking hate 3oh!3, haha .____.
or 'chipmunk'. That stuff is enraging >_<

chart music blows. Some nice old emo (mid 90s stuff) mixed with some post rock, accoustic, nice electronica, bit of hip hop here and there, good stuff happy fuck the charts ^__^
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:59 pm

its not good music, its popular music
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:07 pm

lol exactly, how can it be popular? who calls themself chipmunk anyway? xD
ill listen to that album now kerry
but im still confused on how jedward are allowed to live, let alone have a record contract scratch
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Most older music is better too.
its like that in metal and hip hop.
Really not a fan of newer metal especially stuff like screamo and however many stupid subgenres theyre are. Best metal is stuff like Iron Maiden, early Metallica (first 4 albums).

All new mainstream hip hop is shit. best stuff is bands from before 90s and songs from 90s and further back.
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Setup : Yellowood P-6
Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm

going to see owl city in like 2 weeks, it was meant to be in a really close, small venue, but because of all the fanboy faggots its gone to the like biggest hall in manchester academy, btw i've known about him for about 1 1/2 years? also i hate it when fanboys are like i love owl city THEY'RE so good, ITS ONE GUY.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:20 pm

I think its mainly screaming fanGIRLs not fanboys, but, yea, must suck..

Its not just adam live, its his friend also who helps out with some of the electronics.. All the live videos I've seen its been him and austin (front man from swimming with dolphins).
I'd love to see owl city in a small venue but, I couldn't be assed going for some MASSIVE gig.. and I don't think now he'll ever play a small gig in the UK, so I doubt I'll ever see him : o

Still, hope you have fun ^____^ good to see someone whos known him from before the fireflies era haha happy

And, alex, whilst what you'd call 'screamo' is probably post hardcore, which is getting fairly naff, I agree, older stuff is best.
Screamo started in 1990, and all but like, 3 bands, is dead these days, and has been since the start of the millenium unfortunately. Its fucking amazing, but, aquired taste I guess. Screamo is an off shoot of emo, which is an offshoot of hardcore, emo started in the 1980s with bands like moss icon and from there screamo came off which is very similar, just slightly more heavy.. Listen to the difference between Saetia (a screamo band) and Indian Summer (emo band) to hear the vocal differences, but otherwise they're quite similar happy

Its a shame that most of the good bands in the world we'll never get to see, because they've broken up, and since been replaced by naff bands.

Only modern band I can think of that are soo fantastic I cant begin to describe how good they are: circa survive <3 Not really got any hope in anything else
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Thats what i mean, just all them stupid subgenres like
post hardcore
emocore
metalcore
grindcore
black metal
scremo metal
whatever

i mean stuff like lamb of god and job for a cowboy, i mean its just screaming and job for a cowboy are just dumb imo

Last edited by Boffey on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonathanSivel
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JonathanSivel

Companies : Skateboarding, Fingerboarding
Setup : mini skateboard

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm

I hate chart music. I hate how people just listen to whatever an artist throws at them. Chart music has no meaning. I mean come on, Tik Tok by Ke$ha? That actually has to be one of the worst songs I've ever heard, and yet so many people love it. Fair enough, each to their own. I'm into all sorts. I adore meaty bass :L i bet that sounds so stupid but yeah, dubstep, drum n bass, electro and so on. On the other hand i enjoy really mellow ambient beautiful deep stuff (no homo intended). Stuff like M83 and Explosions In The Sky. I also like hip-hop, some rock, some screamo (but not gay shit, proper good shit like the fall of troy), happy hardcore (lol), 8-bit, dub, reggae, lots of indie, house, bassline, easy listening, and stuff that i dont even know how to classify. I'll basically listen to anything that I like, regardless of what people think or what other people like. But yeah, at the end of the day, chart music sucks major balls. very happy
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:44 pm

So do the people who love it
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Boffey wrote:
Thats what i mean, just all them stupid subgenres like
hardcore
post hardcore
emocore
metalcore
grindcore
black metal
scremo metal
whatever

i mean stuff like lamb of god and job for a cowboy, i mean its just screaming and job for a cowboy are just dumb imo

how the fuck is hardcore a subgenre? Jesus christ kids know nothing about music these days.. HARDCORE has been around for like, getting on 30 years? : o (I don't mean that to sounds offensive or having a go at you, but, its ridiculous what music gets called the wrong genres and such..)

Emocore doesn't make sense. emo is a shortening of emotional hardcore. core is a shortening of hardcore. So, you're saying emotional hardcore hardcore.

There are a lot of subgenres and whether you like them or not, a lot of them make sense. Some don't, like, 'screamo metal'. I'd assume thats people trying to describe metalcore.
There are sooo many confused genres by people not knowing music, and by the lovely fad of the last decade where everything someone didn't like was classed as 'emo'.

I think there are FEW things I pride myself on actually knowing, but, alternative music genres are one of them. I have 10800+ songs in my music library atm, spanning 47 genres. So, yea, I'd like to think I know what I'm on about happy

Not trying to have a go at you in the slightest, I guess if you don't really follow this sort of thing you'd just take what you hear as whats right. I know I'm the same with what'd be called 'dubstep', so I hear there is a lot of variation in it, I know not much of it, so, what I call dubstep may have more technical names to people who know what they're on about happy
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Setup : Yellowood P-6
Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm

The only good chart music that there has been in a long time, as far as i know that really stood out to me were:
Robyn, La roux (Kinda), Lady gaga, Phil collins, Kate bush, the Police, and obviously some more but they are just off the top of my head or the ones that i think are the best.
Back to top Go down
ablair
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
ablair

Companies : www.oakwheels.com
Setup : Push M2
Wides
V6s
extra smooth

chart music? shit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chart music? shit?   chart music? shit? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:40 pm

lol JUSTIN BEIBER!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

dude he is a flipping poser!!!! they always talk about how hes such a good skater and all that but lol ill post a video of him skating...