Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMy Local Scene. :( Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Local Scene. :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

My Local Scene. :( Empty
PostSubject: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Iono, I'm not that good in my native tongue so I speak english on our Facebook group thing for local FBers and tend to seem annoying there. Honestly, I just try to fit in but it doesn't work. I hang around here more coz you guys are pretty hospitable.

I'll just lay low there and try not to get kicked out of the group for good because I still wanna keep in touch with my local scene, no matter how much they look down on 'pesky' kids. (Keynote, they're mostly 27-35 there, barely any kids. If there are, they scare them away the moment they mess up.)

Me ranting, lol.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Had to change your title for obvious reasons. awkward
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:47 pm

so, am I getting this right, your local fingerboarding scene is full of older people who hate younger people and don't like you and tell you to go away? sad

and wait, you're not good in your native tongue? *confused* surely your native tongue is what you learned first?
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:55 pm

^ thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:27 pm

They don't hate younger kids, they hate annoying younger kids. I was branded annyoing the first time I tried to connect so yeah.

And, nah, my parents talked to me in English 90% of the time as a kid. I only learned my native tongue from our housemaids (We call them kasambahay, they're charged lower because they eat and sleep in our house.) and when I entered pre-school. I speak fluently but English is my better tongue.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Everytime I read about your youngin's lives with house maids and private schools I feel so hood living in the city eatting pb and js paying for everything I own. Not to discriminate but it makes me feel like a gangsta or some shit.

Man just give it time just don't pester them with requests and just slowly try to make your way back. One time I totally re-invented my online identity just so I could be apart of some other forum when I was younger (not fingerboarding related). They've just caught you on a bad first impression which is hard to fix.

Also related to my first paragraph, are they of a similar social structure to you? I have friends from Asia and the poor ones seem to really hate the richer ones without any sort of reason other than that they are better off then they are. It's a sad world we live in when dollar signs slash friendships.
Back to top Go down
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Not to sound pretentious and self-righteous (I'm not upper-middle, my parents are, it just so happens that I'm their son) but nope, housemaids are almost completely from lower class families. It's sort of a last resort thing because cooking (Lots of diners, or karinderias here. There's at least one every 2-3 blocks) has a higher pay, but has more qualifications. TO be a housemaid, age isn't strictly applied, even seniors can be housemaids, as long as they're hospitable and good with children.

My housemaid has been with us for the last 10 years and she's grown to be a grandma to me so yeah.

We can change this thread to the "Crunchy's Life In A Nutshell" thread.

I keed.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:38 pm

CrunchyFingers wrote:
I'm not upper-middle, my parents are, it just so happens that I'm their son

Unfortunately this dark planet we call the world views children basically as property of their parents.

If you live with your parents and your parents are rich, people automatically assume you are rich.

I'm cool and judge everyone on their own merits but for some reason some people just can't seem to accept those new types of thinking?
Back to top Go down
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:50 am

In the end, ignorance, not nuclear holocaust will kill the world. Something as simple as a poke will end into a gunfight and death.

"Use your brain, stupid." This message is brought to you by the Intellectual Propaganda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Local Scene. :(   My Local Scene. :( Empty

Back to top Go down

My Local Scene. :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1