Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalChinese products - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chinese products

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

Chinese products - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Gary Chin appears.

Yeah, just remembered, I tried dump trucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:33 pm

China tape is shit it starts to go thin at the edges is just a day of riding i dont recomend it get creekwood new improved tape itss the best tape ever
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Noel wrote:
China tape is shit it starts to go thin at the edges is just a day of riding

You are very wrong.

4c tape is China and it is one of the best tapes out there. Very smooth and Grippy. Not all China Tape is bad. You just probably bought a different type of China Type tongue .

Creekwood N&I tape is pretty good. happy
Back to top Go down
Rans von Bray
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Rans von Bray

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:06 pm

MaxL wrote:
I have no problem with Dump Trucks or products being sold by companies like Flatface that I know is going back to the scene.

What I do have a problem with...

Companies trying to pass of China products as if they were their own original products that were made with the same love as a Berlinwood or a homemade deck. This kind of bullshit makes me all sorts of mad.

Nobody buys a pair of dumptrucks because they want really awesome products, they buy them because they need a pair of trucks and know that if the money goes to Mike it's at least going to make it's way back into the scene somehow.

the truth.
they should at least give credit to the manufacturers lol.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Chinese products - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:14 pm

The problem is that the massproducing china companies don't care for credit.

But i agree that the problem isn't the cheap lower quality products from china.. Its the whole rebranding trend.
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:47 pm

xavier l. wrote:
Noel wrote:
China tape is shit it starts to go thin at the edges is just a day of riding

You are very wrong.

4c tape is China and it is one of the best tapes out there. Very smooth and Grippy. Not all China Tape is bad. You just probably bought a different type of China Type tongue .

Creekwood N&I tape is pretty good. happy

4c tape is good but it wears away too fast , like within the first couple of day sad
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Every time i see someone say "China product" it makes me want to punch a baby, then punch the father of said baby.

One sourced production line causes an entire country to be the new bad word.

Chinese mass produced items hurting fingerboarding? No. People who re-brand said item that was originally open for anyone to get hurting fingerboarding? Yes.

People have anger in the wrong place and take it out not only on one innocent company AS WELL AS an entire country, all because someone started to sell said item for more than its actually worth. I have never seen this mass-production company come in an brag or compare its product to any other fingerboarding product, not once. You never will, really.

The product is supposed to be up for the public to get by themselves. Its not supposed to be re-branded, i mean come on.. the bases of that activity is STEALING.

But i digress

Passion makes people aggressive. Passion makes people do and say some really obscure things. If your passion for fingerboarding forces you to be evil toward someone, be evil toward the people re-branding an item that anyone can get. THEY are the ones ripping off people, not the item.

and thats my first post on this forum. Sup guiz! study
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Deshawn Harris wrote:
Chinese mass produced items hurting fingerboarding? No. People who re-brand said item that was originally open for anyone to get hurting fingerboarding? Yes.

Hi you're new.

Seems every Vachina company picks the latter of the two.

Also resize your avatar it's too big... There is a rule on them I think they need to be 150 by 150 pixels.

Scroll alll the way up to the top of the page and click the rules button and give them a read. (Seriously do this now.)

Then go introduce yourself in the introduction thread.

Peaceout
Back to top Go down
Alex.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Alex.

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Er... are you being serious? I don't think Deshawn needs introducing hahah!
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Alex. wrote:
he only has 1 post..i think he does haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 pm

T-Dub97 wrote:
Alex. wrote:

do you konow who he is ???

and peter you are verry wrong ive tried 4c tape and its shit 9 maybe cause i fingerboard all the time) but it just peels off and its not ver comfortable on your fingers opposed to tapes like rip,creekwood tape.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Alex. wrote:

You have to understand that I'm fairly neutral.

I have no idea about any of the companies or who runs them for the most part and am just handling modding as modding. I treat everyone the same way.

Deshawn, I apologize but I have no idea who you are.

Either way he's right about making your own stuff and getting it produced in China but when you just take the stereotypical Vachina shit and sell it (4CFB, Starfingerbording, Etc etc etc) is what makes a Vachina company.

Either way I'm sure I will found out who you are right away. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Chinese products - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Deshawn Harris wrote:
[wise words]

I agree. But remember that its not only in the fingerboarding world that the word "china" means "cheap copy".
And that when people talk about china products and hating on them, they are only talking about the cheap mass produced stuff. At least that's how it is for me.

Another thing is that the companies that makes the cheap china trucks, wheels and decks are marketing their product to distribution or rebranding.
I was checking out a place because i wanted to start selling china trucks along with my decks, and because i need a lot of trucks for myself. And in the description of the product it said that rebranding was OK.
Unfortunately the smallest order was 500 sets, and i do't have that much money.

I would wish that someone would buy a bunch of these cheap china products (only those of a certain quality ofc) and resell them without any brand and with next to no profit.

But yea, in the end the term "(va)china companies" should probably be changed to "rebranders". So we don't cause confusion and hurt the actual chinese companies.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Eeeeaaasssyyy guys. Hes just doing his job, like i would at FFI.

I'll do the rules and stuff in just a moment.

done

Also resized my ava, no biggie.

Im feeling the love from the folks saying i dont need a introduction. Much love folks, good vibes. All the same, ill make a introduction thingie regardless. Someone's house, i'll comply.

Quickly, as stated, im not "new" per say. Been fingerboarding for 16 years, owner of Kinda fingerboards off the NoComply family. Kinda, formerly known as Bubble, off the Flatface line. Yadda yadda, im old, bla bla bla, pretty cool, something something cool beans. Continued on the introduction page.

On topic, blame the company that steals. It makes everything better.

@Banlyst: To be honest, i actually find it funny that anything can be a "cheap copy" from China when 99% of the world's items are produced.... in china. I think "cheap copies" arent just "cheap copies" but companies like Nike or whatnot putting out some lesser product to widen their selling grounds. Its not bad business to do that, it would be SMART business. study

On the up and up, i think i stated this else where. I would -love- to see someone jump on the chance to have so many trucks to RESHAPE AND PAINT. That would be awesome, because there use to be a lot of good shaped truck companies. In this sense, at least paying 5 bucks would be worth the time of shaping and painting, rather than just resell non-modified trucks that anyone can get!
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Noel wrote:
T-Dub97 wrote:
Alex. wrote:

do you konow who he is ???

and peter you are verry wrong ive tried 4c tape and its shit 9 maybe cause i fingerboard all the time) but it just peels off and its not ver comfortable on your fingers opposed to tapes like rip,creekwood tape.
no i dont now who he is haha
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:31 pm

He just states above who he was but yea. He has a point. Painting and a reshape of china trucks then selling isn't bad I dont't think. You're puttin' in work. Reshaping is hard.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:45 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Ive always wanted to buy lots of trucks and shape them, jsut I cant find a supplier really. Banlyst could you PM the guy who sells the 500 sets, because depending on how Wave goes I haev always wanted to try that..
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese products   Chinese products - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese products

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2