Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBy the homies, for the homies. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

By the homies, for the homies.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you buy a set?/ Is this a good idea?
Yes
By the homies, for the homies. B1033%By the homies, for the homies. B10
 33% [ 6 ]
No
By the homies, for the homies. B1011%By the homies, for the homies. B10
 11% [ 2 ]
Good idea
By the homies, for the homies. B1033%By the homies, for the homies. B10
 33% [ 6 ]
Bad idea.
By the homies, for the homies. B1022%By the homies, for the homies. B10
 22% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

By the homies, for the homies. Empty
PostSubject: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 pm

So I've been thinking about how annoying it is to buy a pair of tuned wides from FF. They only sell the teflon bushing, and they don't really sell allen key tuning (which was the shiz). So I've done some research and found a crappy vachina supplier I can buy some tuned wides off. This isn't going to be a company, it's going to be me, buy some trucks and selling them to you guys at a very low price. The set will include 1 set include 2 pcs truck, 4 pcs kingpin, 8 pcs screws, 1 pcs allen key.

Please let me know what you guys think about this. I'm not in this for the money, once I figure out the cost of everything such as mailers, shipping cost and the price of the trucks, I'll let you all know. As of right now, it looks like they will be anywhere from 5-7 bucks shipped. So again, please don't flame... I'm not some random ass dude joining just to make money off you guys.

I'll probably make no more then a buck for every set I sell, and that will probably just cover gas to get to the post office.

Leave your opinion below.

Edit!

I will do combined shipping, meaning you cut off about 3-4 dollars after the first set. (these aren't the exact prices only an example)

1 set = 7
2 sets= 9.50
3 sets= 12.00

And so on.

Last edited by TylerE on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gordy D.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:15 pm

So dumb. ahaha Jk
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 pm

yea this will be a good idea but i think they a companys who sell trucks like this.
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Noel wrote:
yea this will be a good idea but i think they a companys who sell trucks like this.

There are ebay companys who do this, but do you really wana buy from ebay? Also, I'll be selling them for around 5-7 dollar SHIPPED. Here's what the cost of everything would be:
-1.10 for the trucks ( 1 pair)
-1.50 for a bubble mailer (general cost)
-2.00-3.00 for shipping.

I've been thinking if you buy 2 pairs, you pay 5-7 dollars for the first and the second will only be around 2.50. So you can get 2 pairs of nice trucks for no more then 9 bills. That's a nice deal if you as me.

So all together I'm selling them for almost AT COST. I plan to take no more then a dollar or a dollar fifty, after all I'm investing the money, packing the product and shipping it out to you guys.

Here is an example of a guy on ebay selling them, for the money. $7.00 for the trucks then another $2.50 for shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrucks-Green-Performance-Tuned-29mm-WIDE-Trucks-wooden-fingerboard-/300606577175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fd8c5a17#ht_1051wt_702

Also, Noel, there are plenty of companies who sell truck just like these, if not the same, but they do it for a little more money. The whole point of this is to get the guys who need some cheap trucks, the cheap trucks they need.

Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:45 pm

buy these from alibaba and you can get them for 50 cents a set. 1.50 for a bubble mailer is insane, buy a box of 100, you can get them for 10p each that way, which is like 15 cents. Shipping wont be over 2 dollars, they're super light and really tiny. Flatface ship decks worldwide for 2 dollars after all..

3.50-4 dollars shipped and this is an okay but still not brilliant idea, otherwise I think its dumb, personally.
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:55 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
buy these from alibaba and you can get them for 50 cents a set. 1.50 for a bubble mailer is insane, buy a box of 100, you can get them for 10p each that way, which is like 15 cents. Shipping wont be over 2 dollars, they're super light and really tiny. Flatface ship decks worldwide for 2 dollars after all..

3.50-4 dollars shipped and this is an okay but still not brilliant idea, otherwise I think its dumb, personally.

I normally buy them at CVS so they are stupidly over priced. I'll go look up how much 50 or so of them would be off of ebay. Also thanks for pointing a couple of these things out, they're actually a pretty big help because the goal of this was to get the truck as cheap as possible. I'll be sure to look into the shipping more though, I don't think FF spends just 2 dollars to ship to UK, but maybe they do.

Edit:

I checked alibaba, and they are still about 1 dollar for a set of the nicely tuned ones. I'll keep looking though.

Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I really need a good setup.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : By the homies, for the homies. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I have been planning to buy a bunch of regular china wides (not tuned). And have also been planning on asking people here if anyone wanted to preorder from me and get them for the same price as i buy them for (+ tax and shipping).

I guess your idea is sort of the same thing Tyler.
If you want, we can talk about this on Skype.

Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:00 pm

But do you deserve one melvin.... An I'm not sure about this idea... Although some aspects of it are good
Back to top Go down
Jacko.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jacko.

Setup : Low Pro Family, FBS tape, China Wides, BRR Edition Wheels.

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Melvin, you post the most random posts in the middle of a thread, +like the idea, tyler.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 pm

i think it would be pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Seems pretty smart! I think that later on I may sell china wides for the same price I buy them! But mainly I wanna buy some and shape them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 pm

nitromelvin wrote:
I really need a good setup.

lol wtf melvin?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 am

I think if people are reselling china trucks it should be people like Tyler and Todd. People that are doing it and care about fingerboarding not just trying to make a quick buck.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:51 am

^Yes. Only respectable companies.
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:56 am

forgiven. wrote:
^Yes. Only respectable companies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By the homies, for the homies.   By the homies, for the homies. Empty

Back to top Go down

By the homies, for the homies.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1