Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNorthwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Northwood Review ( TEXT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

JT wrote:
I could see them performing like china decks but the quality seems very nice, if they were better performance I bet they'd do well happy
Also Peter I'm half surprised to your response as you didn't freak out.

yea same good you didnt any ways i thought the deck looked good but it didnt perform well like an Element deck if you understand.
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Noel wrote:
JT wrote:
I could see them performing like china decks but the quality seems very nice, if they were better performance I bet they'd do well happy
Also Peter I'm half surprised to your response as you didn't freak out.

yea same good you didnt any ways i thought the deck looked good but it didnt perform well like an Element deck if you understand.

All I am trying to say is that it would have been different if the deck came straight to you and wasn't used by someone else and plus I am sure the deck Melvin had isn't as good as the new batches Jarred has been making this year. He has been making the decks better and the pop on my Little G and Emerald is way better than the Mason I got 3 months ago. Maybe f you like the https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northwoods/173396459337205 page you could win a deck and realise that your wrong about the decks. I amn't saying your wrong about that perticular deck though.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 pm

i just dont like the shape thats all as i said in chat ages ago if he does a more mellow mold i might like it any ways this is just my oppinion so that.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Noel wrote:
i just dont like the shape thats all as i said in chat ages ago if he does a more mellow mold i might like it any ways this is just my oppinion so that.

China doesn't do a mellow mold.
Back to top Go down
cherrygrip
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
cherrygrip

Setup : Temple Fingerboards
Blackriver Trucks
Oak wheels.
Foamy G.

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I was about to say that ahaha
Back to top Go down
JT
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
JT

Companies : JTfingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 pm

I laughed my ass off at the china no mellow mold happy
Jarred was nice enough to send me some of the old wheels and the bearings all fell out after 30 minutes.

My iPod has auto correction on and when I tried spelling jarred it spelled jarhead lololololololol
Back to top Go down
http://www.jtfingerboards.weebly.com
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Jarred has made a really unique shape, and its not even "almost exactly" the same as a china deck. And knowing it was in Melvins possession, who knows what he did to the deck... lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Noel wrote:

wait so let me get this straight. you ONLY dont like the shape now? i thought before you said:

Noel wrote:

Performance on this deck was horrrrible

now, it seems pretty unjustifiable to call a deck "horrible" because it wasnt your preferance.

and:

Noel wrote:

also the pop was abit meh and it was flexible

to be honest this deck looks like a china brand no lie

so then if a china made deck was YOUR shape, youd be okay with it?

Guys, how about lets not talk shit unless you own the deck yourself, and have had it for a reasonable amount of time. im not trying to be the one to disagree with everyone, but Its really unfair to bag on a company just because of what a few others have said.

Im not trying to give my own opinion on the deck, as i have yet to try it, im simply saying its pretty mean and unfair to bag on a company thats done nothing but support Fingerboarding.

Last edited by goombla on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Samuel M.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Samuel M.

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm

This so called "review" is spam to say the less.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 am

Wait so this review is based off of word of mouth not personal experience?
Back to top Go down
Samuel M.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Samuel M.

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:26 am

is that for me to answer?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 am

RyanMarshment wrote:

he claims to have used the board, but it wasnt new and he doesnt even own the deck. he got it from "Melvin" somehow. thats what i understand anyways. I just recieved their Hex Bolt trucks today, and ill be getting the deck this Friday. ill do an unboxing followed by a review then. with pictures/ videos.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 pm

goombla wrote:
RyanMarshment wrote:

he claims to have used the board, but it wasnt new and he doesnt even own the deck. he got it from "Melvin" somehow. thats what i understand anyways. I just recieved their Hex Bolt trucks today, and ill be getting the deck this Friday. ill do an unboxing followed by a review then. with pictures/ videos.

lol any ways melvin put on riptape slim tape

and its still not good att all the laqure is bad andthe shape is the same as a china hc mold

i thought i was being harsh on the review but im not this decks arnt worth the price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northwood Review ( TEXT)   Northwood Review ( TEXT) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Northwood Review ( TEXT)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2