Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalI just wanted to say... Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just wanted to say...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

I just wanted to say... Empty
PostSubject: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 am

I really do love fingerboarding. I got back Yesterday night from Sydney (Australia) after meeting up with Ammon, Jesse and Cooper. I consider Jesse as my best friend, along with Cooper and Ammon being great friends and mentors. It cost me around $300 for fly down for the weekend, for the sole purpose of going to the Tech Deck stall to see Jesse and Ammon, then to stay at and meet-up with Jesse and Cooper back at Jesse's house.

The hobby may not be taken as seriously by society as others, but it's individuality is what keeps me doing it. I can do things with my hands that a lot of other people can't, I can come online and talk to people I've never met, halfway across the world and sit there for hours chatting away with them about anything and everything.

Fingerboarding companies are also fantastic. The intimacy of being able to talk directly to the owner is fantastic, and each and every product is different and tells it's own story. There is really something for everyone, whether it be shape, quality, price, or distance away from the company, we all can easily access and assemble something so small, but so intricate and personal. the colours we choose, the tape, the wheels, and the placement of stickers represents who we are.

I can't see myself stopping anytime soon, there's no reason to. I represent it as much as I possibly can, whether is be recommending products to people, or promoting it to friends or strangers. I talk to fingerboarders nearly every day, I lurk forums and blogs, I have my fingerboard in my hand or pocket everywhere I go, and I'm always on the look out of something to sesh on.

I may not buy products all the time, hell, my current setup is completely thrashed, all the products on it are old and worn, but it doesn't matter to me. It works, it does it's job, and when I have the money to, I buy myself another setup to use and abuse.

So thank-you, FBHQ, for being the friendly strangers, the helping hands, the guidance councellors, the entertainers, the sellers, the buyers, the supporters, and most of all, for being fingerboarders.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm

I enjoyed reading this post.

Thank you, and everyone, for the contributions in making fingerboarding what it is.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:01 pm

<3 I sort of want to put this on the forgiven website somewhere when I finish redesigning it!

<3
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:57 pm

stuff like this is why a) fingerboarding is the most amazing thing that's ever happened to my life, and b) I love this place.

<3
Back to top Go down
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

forgiven. wrote:
<3 I sort of want to put this on the forgiven website somewhere when I finish redesigning it!

<3

That would be awesome if you could! happy
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm

This post just made my day. Sums up all my feelings towards fingerboarding, the scene, the forum, everything.

Bless you, Tomas. And bless you, fingerboarding, for all that you've done for all of us!

<3
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:26 pm

I don't think fingerboarding will become big. But, once people recognize it, they'll become attached. I've only start doing it seriously, sinc LW1. Its awesome that I know a great to know some people, which I can class as friends, yet I've only met them 3-/+ times.

My parents still wonder how Im attached to it and not getting bored of it. But its gay. We all have to admit that.

(lolfuckyourory)
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:35 pm

I love you James. Let's be more than friends? <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
fromagehomme
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
fromagehomme

Setup : BR Logo Blue
Bollie Trucks
Edge Wheels (chinas)
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:42 pm

HarryYeates wrote:
hahaha
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:45 pm

HarryYeates wrote:

I just wanted to say... Sad-fo11
Back to top Go down
flickitfingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
flickitfingerboards

Setup : BW32mm classic skull graphic Bollie trucks, Winkler wheels brr edition.

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Those are the reasons why i fingerboard lol

Last edited by flickitfingerboards on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Derp forgot two words:L)
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 pm

flickitfingerboards wrote:
Those are why the reasons why i fingerboard lol
.. that made no sense
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Couldn't agree more. Like pretty much everything you said is just how i'd describe it. It's just so cool how ive made so many good friends from finger boarding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just wanted to say...   I just wanted to say... Empty

Back to top Go down

I just wanted to say...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1