Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalUltra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. Empty
PostSubject: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 am

Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. 9g0ci Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. WJeoP Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. IbvPr Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. Z4VxX Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. LCrMt Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. SNoLu Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. 0910d

My decks are made with 3 or 4 plies depending on the veneer I use, but they're still just as strong as a five ply deck. They're an all around medium shape, as you can see. My decks are 3-4 plies because my veneer is a little thick to go anymore than that. HOWEVER, these are rounded perfectly, drilled & countersunk perfectly, and lacquered perfectly. You would be paying for just the deck, but if I do get tape in the future, I'll make sure anyone who's bought one gets a piece. You will not be disappointed with these decks. The decks are $8 shipped. If you want to buy one then PM me on here or on YouTube@ https://www.youtube.com/user/YesIDriveAPrius?feature=mhee

Peace.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:02 am

no offence, but they need a tiny bit of work.

3 plys just wont be as defined, get some new veneer. Holes are too close to the curve of the kicks, so the trucks wont lie straight. Truck holes aren't straight either.

Otherwise, very nice looking happy I like the shape happy
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Basically. Just clean it up a little and get some color in there.happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 pm

What everyone else said! Some improvements are needed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Cole H
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Cole H

Companies : Wave FB
Setup : Berlinwood Elias Assmuth New Mold
Wide Trucks
Flatface G6D's
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

CasparH wrote:
What everyone else said! Some improvements are needed!
Back to top Go down
Peter
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 pm

I would consider getting a new shape... I think you just need more practice on making decks. More consistent holes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm going to post some new pictures, because honestly I've been using the three ply deck all day, and there wasn't a thing wrong with it. I don't false advertise. The wheels base is set up so that the fulcrum point isn't unbalanced, but so that it pops easily and so that don't have any rollback on your regular tricks. I'll dye some veneer tonight and show you tomorrow after the deck is pressed and such. But Kerry, I don't like to argue about your opinion or anything, but the deck was overall crafted well. (no cockiness intended) And also, let's not forget that these aren't CNCed Berlinwoods or anything like that; They are 100% handmade by some kid in MN. Thanks for the constructive criticism, guys.
Back to top Go down
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Yeah, not to be an ass, but Kerry is right. The holes look way off, you can see in the last picture that you've dripped into the kick a little bit. It's good that your confident about your company, but at least take a bit if criticism, your possible customers are giving you advice, and your trying to defend yourself by saying your deck has little to no flaws.

Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Okay man,

Here's coming from a kid who's been making 100% handmade decks in MN (for almost 5 years now)-Me.

It's great to be confident in your company's products and that you are laying out a little innovation to the scene, - 3 ply decks. Honestly, I've made one once and it did not turn out well; it was as floppy and deformed like an asian dick. But seriously just take criticism.

When people give you criticism in a positive way--- just take it. Most of us here like to see others succeed and be the best they can be and push them to be that way.

Don't argue about someones opinion.

When you have your product Perfected and to great quality in craftsmanship, feel, ---release your product out to the wild.
Back to top Go down
Cole H
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Cole H

Companies : Wave FB
Setup : Berlinwood Elias Assmuth New Mold
Wide Trucks
Flatface G6D's
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm

[quote="forgiven."] 3 ply decks. Honestly, I've made one once and it did not turn out well; it was as floppy and deformed like an asian dick.

nice comparison Ray.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Okay, Kerry and forgiven, would you like me to send you one? I'm really not trying to be over-confident or anything, but I'm trying to explain that I'm not a noob paper deck kid. The holes fit my Ytrucks, and they rolled straight. I'm not asking for a review, but I want you to see. Maybe I overreacted. I think that I thought it would have discouraged people to buy one. I lost my setup today and for the next couple weeks I'm gonna need to sell at least 12 decks in order to pay it off. Interested? O.o
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 pm

I'll take one but I won't buy one. Atm..
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 pm

I wasn't asking you to buy one; that'd be pretty poopy of me, being that you don't think they're ready for that yet. PM meh your shipping address, dude.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:54 am

Here, Ray:

Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. N958K

I tried to get as straight over the deck as I could. Also the shadow on the side makes the rounding look a little off. I'll probably put some more pictures up in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 am

Oh and I didn't fill the split ply lines until after I took the picture, so your deck won't have the indents where the separate plies meet.
Back to top Go down
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:31 am

Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. 671288153497
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 am

I see no relevancy as to what you've posted. If you're trying to troll, then go do it somewhere where it's tolerated.
Back to top Go down
mellowyellow
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
mellowyellow

Companies : guru fingerboards
Setup : DECK:GURU FB 32.5
WHEELS:G4 D'S
TRUCKS:CHINA WIDES
TAPE:CHAPE TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am

TomasM wrote:
Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. 671288153497
this was verry funny

and just take some constructive critisim
Back to top Go down
JT
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
JT

Companies : JTfingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:14 pm

The quality of the decks look nice, however maybe you should invest money in some thinner veneer, and a machined mold. I'm not going to say they look terrible but 3 plies is not enough, no matter how thick it is. You need to get thinner veneer and use more plies because with five plies with the wood grains going opposite directions has the opportunity to be very strong. Don't use titebond use gorilla wood glue it's like $4 a bottle at walmart. It's a wonderful glue until you can afford epoxy
I wasn't saying you use titebond it was just a hint
Back to top Go down
http://www.jtfingerboards.weebly.com
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 pm

I have made 3 ply decks with thick veneer. Its enough :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.   Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultra Decks examples. $8 w/ free shipping.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1