Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDamien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Empty
PostSubject: Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France   Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:23 pm

So this interview was posted yesterday on Fingerboard France. It's in French and as my French is très mal, I've run it through Google Translate to read it. It's got some nice insight into the beginnings of Damien as well as more current news with regards to Close Up. Close Up is an international company and I don't think it should be limited to just Fingerboard France so I've posted this thread on FBHQ. I know Raffy, Grendel and many other Francophones also inhabit FBHQ so if they'd like to make a better translation, they can do.

Without further ado, here is the interview as ruined by Google Translate:
Quote :
Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Logo

Damien Bernadet, Close-Up

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Riders_on_the_stone_close_up_finger_board-300x165

Raffy
So this week is Damien BERNADET boss Close-up that we respond very nicely!
Hi Damien therefore agreed as I make you the little story you interview we talk a little about yourself and your brand CLOSE-UP!

Damien
Hi Ralph Yes, well thank you to you to do ...

Raffy

Then they attack. Tell us, how did you discover the mini-board?

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Close_up_skull_hand_black_olive-183x300

Damien
For me the story begins in 1990 with friends who skataient with me.
We were looking for skate videos and we came across some videos of the kind of "Future Primitive Powell Peralta" surprised us and we really intrigued.
We immediately had the urge to test a mini board!
In attempting, then, what I liked most is the obvious connection with the skate.
We agree that among a lot of sports riding, skateboarding is special as it is necessary to manage this board in areas without contact with her by now ...
Finally you see what I mean ...
The finger is the same, the mini skate or bmx or fingersnow it's not so fun but the interest that the finger skateboarding and have it manage this deck has no connection with it!
It participates in the image of skateboarding.
This is technical and really fun!
I was practicing to try to reproduce what I was doing my tricks in skateboarding or vice versa!
And since in my home area (Dijon Cotes gold) the sun is not uncommon, but almost ...
The finger was very convenient, therefore, to spend time on rainy days, as you can not go riding outside! wink
I am not the "Tony Hawk's finger 'but I still have my deck in the pocket or not far out and I often as I wait for one or another small session anywhere ...
Finally here I love all these sides of the FB.

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Lqz-240x300

Raffy
Yes you are a fan of skateboarding at the base but the finger is practicable everywhere and all the time ... wink
So back to 2011 to talk about what you did.

Damien
In 2011 I was released in the early years of a new deck, the G4 series which was a bit wider than the G3.
It also has not worked a lot with our riders to make cool videos, whether in our capital or Japan for example with Sho ji.
And of course we continued to support the French and international scene by sponsoring vents and other ...

Raffy
I confirm that aid you in most cases you can vents that are made in the hexagon!
and now what is the project?

Damien
For 2012 I'm finally at the end of my project that took quite late!
The current G5 arrives in April I wait some more tips and the pack will be spot on!
As I had already said there will be two shapes to try to please the greatest number.
The work was brought to adapt our equipment to the latest changes in the world the finger.
Shapes of the most studied, wider boards, then a lot of things ...
You'll see it all soon wink
It has continued to support the finger in the world and in our course in Paris as the vent for "Concrete screaming." besides, I intend to come to ride a little story with everyone and get to know the French riders!

Raffy
Very cool that you are present at this vent!
It happens after the interview just to conclude, what are your goals for the future?

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Closeup

Damien
For the rest I shall always adapt and evolve to the gear to arrive hoping to keep close-up as a player in the FB.
It is present from the beginning and I still have passion for skateboarding and therefore the FingerSkate taff, taff of, and still taf perspective.
Why I can only respect the BRR team as they have done a crazy thing in recent years with their taff, and I am well placed to talk about the investment that it represents ...

Raffy

Well good luck to you and good luck for the future!
We continued to follow your career with interest.
Thank you for giving me a few minutes. Hoping that crosses a small session for one of these four ...

Damien
No worries it will be happy wink
Finally thank you to you here for the excitement and information you do pass.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France   Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:00 pm

fun interview! never read an fb interview before.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France   Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 pm

thanks for posting this, I don't get around to checking fbfr enough : o

g5s coming in april, two shapes, and more width? skdjaslkjdlkasjd i are excited.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France   Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 pm

can't wait to see g5s.
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France   Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm

nice interview
want to see the gen5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France   Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France Empty

Back to top Go down

Damien Bernadet (owner of Close Up) interview by Raffy of Fingerboard France

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1