Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

Companies : Triigz Designs - Graphic Designer
Setup : Just got into fingerboarding, so currently still trying to build a nice setup. Got 4CFB yellow Trucks and white bushings with yellow bearing wheels. Gonna buy a Flatface G12 soon.

Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. Empty
PostSubject: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Okay guys so I made this bench like 3 weeks ago and its holding up really nicely. I painted it myself and put a layer of clear on it as well. They look really cool for parks and look amazing for sessions because of bright color.

Im thinking about selling a few. Thinking about selling for $5 which will include 2 pairs of non-sliders.

Let me know if you will be interested, and I will post some on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread very happy

Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. 2cesxnr
Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. 2crq45c
Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. 34f15ig

Oh and I also am going to be working on one that is about 2 inches longer than this one. Colors will be green, purple, orange, and maybe yellow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/triigzhd
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 am

Too small. Like the concept, seems unstructured and a bit slop.

I like the top look of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 am

raymond wrote:

Back to top Go down
BottleCap
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BottleCap

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 4:26 am

Pop Shop FB wrote:
raymond wrote:

Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 am

people can make this very easily themselves- people aren't gonna pay for something so unprofessionally done tbh.. sorry to be mean, but yea, better you hear it now than waste tons of money, push it, only to find no one wants popsicle stick benches. When you can get a professionally made bench for like 10 dollars, this seems like it wont do well.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:39 am

kerryDETH wrote:
people can make this very easily themselves- people aren't gonna pay for something so unprofessionally done tbh.. sorry to be mean, but yea, better you hear it now than waste tons of money, push it, only to find no one wants popsicle stick benches. When you can get a professionally made bench for like 10 dollars, this seems like it wont do well.

Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

Setup : Just got into fingerboarding, so currently still trying to build a nice setup. Got 4CFB yellow Trucks and white bushings with yellow bearing wheels. Gonna buy a Flatface G12 soon.

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks for the opinions, I get what your saying about getting a professional one for $10. I am planning on making a new one with some actual wood so Ill post that once it is finished.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:28 pm

A lot of kids wants to make companies and i guess its because they want to "be someone". Your popsickle bench is not a bad idea at all, actually i think there is a lack of that kind of things.

But it is what it is, homemade stuff. If you want to make something out of this i suggest you start making torturials/blueprints for simple DIY obstacles.

You could call it The Blueprint Blog or Popstacles, haha.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm

i think the Popsicle stick bench could work....

i actually like the look of the top of it...but the legs need work....like solid cut pieces of wood/or something else....because at the moment its not in the slightest professional looking.

if it had black granite blocks for legs, then the green painted Popsicle sticks, it could work.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Banlyst wrote:

You could call it The Blueprint Blog or Popstacles, haha.

I think this is a rad idea. sort of moshmellows vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Work On the legs and I'd probably buy one off you.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm

looks like an yellowood bench.
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:24 pm

nitromelvin wrote:

lol that made my day
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Alright thanks for all the feedback everyone! Glad you all responded, means a lot. And just wanted to say one thing, Im not just a "kid" trying to make a company. I have no intentions of a company, this is just for fun! And also Im almost 17 so its not like im clueless happy

Thanks for all the feedback and keep checking back because I will be making a new bench soon that will be very professional. This honestly was an experiment and I think the turnout was decent. The legs were made out of popsicle sticks because I didn't have any thin wood at the time.
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
Work On the legs and I'd probably buy one off you.

Alright will do, im gonna make another popsicle one with good legs and make another one out of cut wood. Ill contact you when the next one is done happy
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 pm

nitromelvin wrote:

No intention of totally replicating a yellowood bench, just love the color.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Click:

"citation multiple" on whatever posts you would like to quote and then at the left-hand corner click "postreply" to quote all in one.

Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Sorry to say this, but imo they look BAD.
like real crappy tongue
it will break very easy.. And 5$ for that? Go to the hobby shop, buy 50 popsicles for 3$ or something, then make ur own benches..
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Bobbernaut wrote:
like real crappy tongue
it will break very easy.. And 5$ for that? Go to the hobby shop, buy 50 popsicles for 3$ or something, then make ur own benches..

Hasn't gotten close to breaking and how bout u read somreplies before u send urs.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 pm

triigzhd wrote:
Bobbernaut wrote:
like real crappy tongue

Hasn't gotten close to breaking and how bout u read somreplies before u send urs.
i DID read the replies.
Back to top Go down
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

disgusting!!!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 pm

pemeht wrote:
disgusting!!!
That was a little uncalled for yeah?
Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
pemeht wrote:
disgusting!!!
That was a little uncalled for yeah?
Yeah that's not even constructive criticism, that's just harsh. I personally quite like it anyway, just clean up the legs happy
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:49 am

1) Make it bigger

2) Make it more professional, No one will buy a popsicle stick bench. You gotta make it way better. try to make it something like a bench from BRR but don't copy that bench completely. Hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.   Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini fingerboard Benches! Need opinions.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1