Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow to make fb tape? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make fb tape?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

How to make fb tape? Empty
PostSubject: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 am

Does anyone know how to make legit tape? Not crappy craft foam tape or griptape. I mean like riptape or fbs( maybe not that big). whats the material to make it? neo prene? im trying to make some so i don't have to order any. happy cool
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 am

you can buy Neropenane tape from Ebay.

its same as fingerboard grip tape.
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:59 am

And you're better off just buying legit tape. That way you know what you're getting. Just my opinion.

Good luck to you though. happy
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:49 pm

You order from http://701tape.com happy

Trust me though, you will NOT find a martial right away that you like. You're better off buying a premade pack. I spent a ton of money and time just to find the tape I liked.
Back to top Go down
http://701tape.com
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

^please, no.

Just pick up a pack of fbs bro, or if fusion is stil around get some from that dood.

Tape is tape, i switch out my tape every 3 days. (China tape) got 200 pcs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:41 pm

AaronS wrote:

Trust me though, you will NOT find a martial right away that you like. You're better off buying a premade pack. I spent a ton of money and time just to find the tape I liked.

Is it called 701 tape cause it took you seven hundred and one tries to get the right material?
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:42 pm

first buy some craftstore tape then lick it

then get a coin rubbbb it hard

then put it in your microwave for 10 seconds

it should be good

happy hope i helped xxx
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Lacquergloss wrote:
AaronS wrote:

Is it called 701 tape cause it took you seven hundred and one tries to get the right material?
No, it's the area code from where he lives
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Noel wrote:
first buy some craftstore tape then lick it

then get a coin rubbbb it hard

then put it in your microwave for 10 seconds

it should be good

happy hope i helped xxx

Holy fuck you are ghetto as shit.
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Lacquergloss wrote:
AaronS wrote:

I don't know why I'm even explaining this. Do you think deck companies use the first mold they make? How about the wheel companies? Do you think the first wheel they make they go "god damn this is awesome! let's not make it any better and just sell these!"? No. No one who has a product worth a damn goes for the first thing they find. It's all trial an error. I think a lot of you guys think there's no effort into the products some of us make and sell. I don't sell my tape for a profit, I'm barely at the bare minimum of making a profit after everything is done. I just want you guys to have a different product on the scene to enjoy.

All of these companies put so much time into bringing something out for you guys and some of you don't even realize the work involved. I didn't just go to the craft store and buy some foamtape and print out on regular paper my stickers and packaging. I found a distributor who deals specifically with rubber and foam and we found a material that I enjoyed using on fingerboards so I decided I wanted the rest of you to enjoy what I found. I also had to go to a local printing shop to get my packaging figured out and printed. That isn't cheap.

Sorry for the rant, but the smart ass comments don't help a person out at all. This scene would be nothing if there wasn't anyone willing to bust their asses to bring you guys things to use.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:36 pm

This 'scene' used to be stronger before people started buying it.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Bro. I commend you for making a somewhat okay tape company; but that's all you are. Okay, sure you made some some business cards, went to your printing shop and got them done on some card stock. Same with your stickers. You probably put 30 minutes into the figuring of your "logo", probably 2 hours into your name.

Your tape is neoprene tape. I can tell by how it cuts. I'm not in the market for a really smooth, small pored tape.

You didn't put a bunch of work into your company. No offense. I could launch a legit as fuck tape company in 3 days. photography, video advertising, web/graphic design and getting it somewhat marketed.

"Sorry for the rant, but the smart ass comments don't help a person out at all. This scene would be nothing if there wasn't anyone willing to bust their asses to bring you guys things to use."
--Again, you're not the "only one", I worked hard too, even this dude^^, flatface, ryan, brian.

Those are hardworkers, those are the people who get shit done.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't see the problem with starting a company that only sells tape.If he thinks he found something that is good and is worth sharing then he should be able to share it with the community without being judged.Just because he doesn't make decks or wheels doesn't make his company worth any less then a company that does.I could see your point if he was trying to act better then anyone else but he isn't trying to do that, he even mentions how much work goes into deck making by talking about how much work goes into finding a decent mold thats actually worth selling.Don't hate, appreciate afro
Back to top Go down
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:12 pm

AaronS wrote:
Lacquergloss wrote:
AaronS wrote:

I don't know why I'm even explaining this. Do you think deck companies use the first mold they make? How about the wheel companies? Do you think the first wheel they make they go "god damn this is awesome! let's not make it any better and just sell these!"? No. No one who has a product worth a damn goes for the first thing they find. It's all trial an error. I think a lot of you guys think there's no effort into the products some of us make and sell. I don't sell my tape for a profit, I'm barely at the bare minimum of making a profit after everything is done. I just want you guys to have a different product on the scene to enjoy.

All of these companies put so much time into bringing something out for you guys and some of you don't even realize the work involved. I didn't just go to the craft store and buy some foamtape and print out on regular paper my stickers and packaging. I found a distributor who deals specifically with rubber and foam and we found a material that I enjoyed using on fingerboards so I decided I wanted the rest of you to enjoy what I found. I also had to go to a local printing shop to get my packaging figured out and printed. That isn't cheap.

Sorry for the rant, but the smart ass comments don't help a person out at all. This scene would be nothing if there wasn't anyone willing to bust their asses to bring you guys things to use.

actually i was asking a question. Why is it called 701 tape.

Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:48 am

raymond wrote:
Bro. I commend you for making a somewhat okay tape company; but that's all you are. Okay, sure you made some some business cards, went to your printing shop and got them done on some card stock. Same with your stickers. You probably put 30 minutes into the figuring of your "logo", probably 2 hours into your name.

Your tape is neoprene tape. I can tell by how it cuts. I'm not in the market for a really smooth, small pored tape.

You didn't put a bunch of work into your company. No offense. I could launch a legit as fuck tape company in 3 days. photography, video advertising, web/graphic design and getting it somewhat marketed.

"Sorry for the rant, but the smart ass comments don't help a person out at all. This scene would be nothing if there wasn't anyone willing to bust their asses to bring you guys things to use."
--Again, you're not the "only one", I worked hard too, even this dude^^, flatface, ryan, brian.

Somewhat curious to see what work you've put into anything involving fingerboarding.

Also, you realize flatface and everyone didn't start out as big as they are now. They started super small and worked their way up to what they are now. There was a time were everyone dogged on Mike, calling him fetus and other stupid shit of the sorts. Now look at him, makes a ton of money doing what he loves and gets to travel all over the world doing it.

I feel like I'm coming off as a dick, I'm really not trying to be one. But my tape isn't the random foam rubber you can buy from anywhere, and if it is I really over looked some spots and wasted a lot of time. I love my tape, if you don't I won't lose sleep over it. As long as other people enjoy it and are interested in it that is all that matters to me honestly. If people don't then so be it, I made an attempt at doing something interesting and fun and if I walk away with nothing I'm fine with it.

And to lacquer, it is the area code for North Dakota.
Back to top Go down
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 am

[quote="AaronS"][quote="raymond"]
Also, you realize flatface and everyone didn't start out as big as they are now. They started super small and worked their way up to what they are now. There was a time were everyone dogged on Mike, calling him fetus and other stupid shit of the sorts. Now look at him, makes a ton of money doing what he loves and gets to travel all over the world doing it.

^^ God Bless Amen
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:16 am

raymond wrote:

Ray, come on dude... Lately all you've been doing is going around kicking dust in people's face. You don't know how much work he's put into this, and frankly, you don't know much about him in general.

How often does a company come around with original products, (particularly tape) that are actually worth purchasing? Not that often. This is one of those worthy companies. He took his own time to go out and find the tape he thought would be great for everyone.

And the business cards, the stickers, the extras, they're all just the icing on the cake- fancy stuff, if you will. People don't buy Riptape for the sticker sheet- they buy it for the Riptape.

If you're going to rag on this guy for trying, then you probably haven't put enough effort into trying yourself.

You've been hated by many before, man... don't let it go back to that.

Just a friendly hint of advice, bro.

OH AND ONE MORE THING... I will give you the three dollars I have to my name if you launch a "legit as fuck" tape company in the next three days, with all the things you listed. You got til Thursday, matey.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Wow, I'm sure he'll go through Hell and high water for that 3 dollars.

I was tempted to buy some of the tape last night. It just looks exactly like rip or any other foam tape...

I'm sure the rep will start building soon though.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

raymond wrote:

I could launch a legit as fuck tape company in 3 days. photography, video advertising, web/graphic design and getting it somewhat marketed.

"Sorry for the rant, but the smart ass comments don't help a person out at all.

im sure you could Ray.

but please don't take offense to this. its where you end, not how you start. if ya dig?
Back to top Go down
AaronS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
AaronS

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm

cartledge wrote:
Wow, I'm sure he'll go through Hell and high water for that 3 dollars.

I was tempted to buy some of the tape last night. It just looks exactly like rip or any other foam tape...

I'm sure the rep will start building soon though.

I hope once Kerry's review is up it'll help everyone's decision on it a little. I'm leaning towards having little giveaway contests here soon as well so keep your eyes peeled for that! happy
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:52 pm

raymond wrote:

So do you think Forgiven fb is an OK company or what seeing it s easy for you to judge another company without even trying their product. You don't know how much effort was put into the company but the owner himself cause he went througt it.

I'll chip in if you can make a legit tape company in 3 days !!! Is 2 dollars fine?? :roll: :x
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't even have spare time to waste my time on starting another company. Just saying that 3 days would be plenty of time to get it up and running, website, cards made and stickers done.

Everyone seems to have this doods back in saying that he's put a lot of hard work in; clearly I don't see it as in the manufacturing of the company but I'm not joking when I say I've probably tryed the tape before. Looks like the same stuff I bought a while ago. Cuts the same, same texture, not fully or really black, kind of thick(er).

I'm not putting out a warning - just my thoughts and as many of you already know, I tend to be critical but that's not even too bad of a thing. All my life I've been told that everything I've made or done wasn't good enough. Pushed me to try harder and harder till success was right in front of me.

On some people it works, some not. If someone shows me a picture they took or drawing they did - whatever it may be I will judge it honestly and probably say it looks like shit and often times give truthful advice.

I almost always see improvement and gained respect, but know - when I say something actually does look good- I mean it.
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:10 pm

You plant grip seeds dont you?
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm

i totally agree with you on the 'effort' front Ray.

its a bloody foam tape.

no substantial amount of effort or hard work has been put into sourcing it and bringing it to 'market'

ive been in talks/ had various samples from manufacturers for well over 2 years now...all the samples ive had disapointed me and i wouldnt want to sell it....the only tape thus far that i like i can get now is 'china tape' the reallly thin stuff that wears out quickly. i think its a good tape. but every other company offers it under 30 different names.

the only effort i can see in finding a tape is the time spent looking on the net, and maybe saving up your weekly pocket money.

its not like you went to china and sourced the 'right' tape from factory is it. you hit up ebay and got lucky....

but thats not to say its bad. it looks OK....but its nothing like rip/fbs/china tape etc.

again that word preference comes in.

you can pretty much tell if the tape is good straight off the bat by the colour of the backing......obviously their is exceptions to the rule but yeah.

still...no need to hate on this tape. i applaud people bringing new products to market. if its something new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make fb tape?   How to make fb tape? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make fb tape?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1