Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTrouble sleeping. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble sleeping.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 am

Nearly every night I lie awake, whether it be 9pm or 3am, not being able to fall asleep in a timely manner. On school nights, if I try and go to bed at say, 10pm, I will end up laying awake until 12am. On these summer nights it is the same, but it just takes place at a much later time.

It is very frustrating, because I know I'm tired, but I just can't fall asleep. I've Googled multiple ways, and none of them have seemed to work like they say they will.

If anyone has any tips, that would be greatly appreciated. I have already tried:

laying down and just trying to fall asleep
thinking to myself, "I am going to go to sleep."
I tried the warm milk thing once, and it was just plain unpleasant and reminded me of sucking on an utter
thinking of a blank screen

Thanks you to those who take the time to read this thread and comment with tips.

:shock:

Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 am

Dude, Honestly, Buy a Bob Marley's Mellow Mood. Or listen to some Binaural Beats.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 am

It could just be stress?
But in my opinion, the best way to get to sleep is to wear yourself out.
Go for a run or something at about 8pm, then get a bath when you get back to loosen yourself up (wink), then go to bed at like 10pm or whatever.

It could be insomnia? try going to your doctor or something shocked
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 am

Danny Hynam wrote:
It could just be stress?
But in my opinion, the best way to get to sleep is to wear yourself out.
Go for a run or something at about 8pm, then get a bath when you get back to loosen yourself up (wink), then go to bed at like 10pm or whatever.

It could be insomnia? try going to your doctor or something shocked

Gunner the same happens to me sad what i usually do is do what danny said have a really hot bath so hot you don't wanna get out then you become really sleepy drag your self out the bath and go to bed then Sleep happy or if you do a sort of sport or run like danny said, i ride my bike till like 9 then get to sleep for 10 some times but i am the same i know how you feel you wanna get sleep at say like 9 i'll get sleep at like 11-12 or even later -_- and this isn't good stuff for school !
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

FBS(duh?)
FF BRR edition Turquoise

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 am

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr drink a mellow mood x)
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 am

Or stop thinking about me so much whilst you're in bed?
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

FBS(duh?)
FF BRR edition Turquoise

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 am

Danny, this is Gunners topic. Not mine. tongue
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:46 am

Jayden H. wrote:
Danny, this is Gunners topic. Not mine. tongue

Haha
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Trouble sleeping. J9VuKBZ

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:57 am

Have sex.
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

i was gonna say knock one out...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm

GIllybear wrote:

Haha
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 pm

GIllybear wrote:

in all seriousness probably the best suggestion here.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Nyquil, if nothing else works. Always works for me. The only thing is, if you take the liquid gel form pills, and still dont fall asleep, or wake up in the middle of the night you trip so many balls it's like comic-con
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Gunner sleep at 2am in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:29 pm

WATCH MICKEY MOUSE CLUB HOUSE
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:33 pm

opiates work a treat for me.

but im in no way saying you should take any downers.

your 14 so, id suggest wearing yourself out b4 you go to bed. other than that you have too much on your mind. try to relax and get in the mood for sleep b4 you actually go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Do you drink a lot of caffine Gunner?
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 pm

stop drinking energy drinks

they are killing you slowly and taste like someone peed in a can and tried to sell it
Back to top Go down
Jordan B.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordan B.

Setup : G14

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:21 pm

My sleep schedule is completely fucked this summer too, I can't fall asleep before 4am usually.
I don't mind it though, it's peaceful to have the whole house to myself.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 am

RyanMarshment wrote:
Do you drink a lot of caffine Gunner?

Meh, I guess a little more than average, but not enough to where if I don't have it I get headaches.

GIllybear, I'll hit ya' up on that. wink

Lol but it all seriousness, I do have a lot of stress some days, and I also think I think about things too much at night sometimes. I skate a lot, but even when I'm wore out, I still stay awake for far too long.

Thank you for the help guys. I'll try the suggestions, but please still keep commenting if you have any further tips.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:15 pm

How to Sleep

by Max L. (lololololol)

DISCLAIMER: I know this is going to be a lot for you to read but if you were having as much trouble sleeping as I used to it might help out.

Seriously though... don't eat things 4 hours before you go to sleep. Digestion makes the body start working again and when you are trying to sleep you want to be winding down into sleep mode... Eating disables this kind of activity so stop eating pork sandwiches before bedtime.

Don't drink tons of caffeine in one day, it will build up in your system and then you will forever stay awake... which is super annoying when you are laying in bed and you are actually really super tired but your body is like "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA MAN I'M HYPED ON 40 MONSTERS."

Try to actually wind down before you go to bed... Don't watch TV, don't fingerboard or do anything else that gets up excited and may keep you up... This was my biggest problem I would usually end up doing stuff to prevent this process... I find I can watch a documentary or some thing and most times it will cool me down for bed.

SCHEDULING. As much as we hate it our bodies like to run on schedule... we like to eat at the same times (roughly) and we like to sleep at around the same time (as well as get up) on a daily basis. If you start programming your body to go to bed at a certain time everyday you will start to get tired naturally before that time (but don't break the first 2 rules I was talking about cause that can fuck this part up). This is honestly the best thing to do if you are having trouble sleeping. Pick a time that you can sit down and be like "At this time I will go to bed every night for the next 2 weeks" or something and just start marrying your life to your schedule... It works great because you actually start to feel tired at that time and then you will just pass out and go to dream land.

tl;dr don't eat before bed, don't get yourself riled up before bed, follow a sleep schedule

I used to be a huge insomniac so I understand your pain dude. Sleeping can be a fickle thing but if you can control it you won't see any problems any more.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:59 pm

MaxL wrote:
How to Sleep

by Max L. (lololololol)

DISCLAIMER: I know this is going to be a lot for you to read but if you were having as much trouble sleeping as I used to it might help out.

Seriously though... don't eat things 4 hours before you go to sleep. Digestion makes the body start working again and when you are trying to sleep you want to be winding down into sleep mode... Eating disables this kind of activity so stop eating pork sandwiches before bedtime.

Don't drink tons of caffeine in one day, it will build up in your system and then you will forever stay awake... which is super annoying when you are laying in bed and you are actually really super tired but your body is like "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA MAN I'M HYPED ON 40 MONSTERS."

Try to actually wind down before you go to bed... Don't watch TV, don't fingerboard or do anything else that gets up excited and may keep you up... This was my biggest problem I would usually end up doing stuff to prevent this process... I find I can watch a documentary or some thing and most times it will cool me down for bed.

SCHEDULING. As much as we hate it our bodies like to run on schedule... we like to eat at the same times (roughly) and we like to sleep at around the same time (as well as get up) on a daily basis. If you start programming your body to go to bed at a certain time everyday you will start to get tired naturally before that time (but don't break the first 2 rules I was talking about cause that can fuck this part up). This is honestly the best thing to do if you are having trouble sleeping. Pick a time that you can sit down and be like "At this time I will go to bed every night for the next 2 weeks" or something and just start marrying your life to your schedule... It works great because you actually start to feel tired at that time and then you will just pass out and go to dream land.

tl;dr don't eat before bed, don't get yourself riled up before bed, follow a sleep schedule

I used to be a huge insomniac so I understand your pain dude. Sleeping can be a fickle thing but if you can control it you won't see any problems any more.

Max, me love you. Me. Love. You.
Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. You rock.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 am

kerryDETH wrote:
GIllybear wrote:

Yes.

But y u tryna sleeping at 10pm??!?!? do u not have lyfe doE?!?!? go have fun boiiiiiiiiiii

just dont be illegal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 am

Gunner I asked because caffeine can cause insomnia. Stop drinking caffeine for a a week or so and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Freestyle fb super whels

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:25 am

raymond wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:
GIllybear wrote:

Yes.

But y u tryna sleeping at 10pm??!?!? do u not have lyfe doE?!?!? go have fun boiiiiiiiiiii

just dont be illegal.

That was an example of a school night. I usually am on the computer til 4am, and, I actually really don't have a life.
:-P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trouble sleeping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble sleeping.   Trouble sleeping. Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble sleeping.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next