Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

Companies : Fusion Distribution

whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? Empty
PostSubject: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 pm

i see people spending so much on brr trucks and y trucks and other rband name trucks. how are they different to td trucks?
Back to top Go down
http://fusiondistribution.co.uk/
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:51 pm

other brand name that aren't brrs + ys are just basically the same as td trucks. Made in exactly the same way, just, in different factories, or packaged by different people. Sometimes shaped, but, thats mostly aesthetic.

BRR + Ytrucks have many advantages. I'll list all I can think of in order of importance for me.
1) single axle. Td trucks often have the little axle the wheel goes on bend, wobble, or fall out completely. Happened on my td wides soo often. Single axle trucks don't have this problem, as the axle is held in place by the wheels in a way, as well as them being designed on brrs + ys better so they don't come out easily like on td trucks.
2) loose riding is possible. Td trucks I find wobble and fall apart if you have them anything but tight. I don't like my brrs uber loose, but, looser than what I can have td trucks.
3) more pop. Because of point 2 above, they don't loose pop when ridden loose.
4) turning. Again with loose trucks, they centre themselves after turning rather than staying lopsided, so your ride is always centred and nice.
5) Better to grind on. The material slides WAYY nicer than on td trucks.
6) kingpin doesn't stick out. On td trucks the kingpin gets in the way of grinding. Doesn't happen on brrs/ys.
7) Looks. Lets face it, td trucks are the most horrible shape. BRRs look pretty much like indy skate trucks, and Ys pretty similar to destructo and/or royal skate trucks.
8 ) No need to tune. TDs need special new bushings, pivot cups, sometimes kingpins and bearing screws are used.. all that is WAYY too fiddly for me.
9) Easy to set up and use. Coupled with above point, td need fiddling around, brrs and ys you just screw the wheels on and roll away smooth.

Hope thats answered your question happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 pm

they are all i want ride happy .......if i could have them on all my decks i would
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:15 pm

td trucks are balls ive snapped sooo many td kingpins and bent sooo many axles i really want some brrs or ys td trucks are made to be used as a toy not for doing proper fbing and yeah what kerry said
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:27 pm

td axels strip so easy

i might actually get a good setup, haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 pm

^ brrs do just as easy if your not carefull....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 pm

What's the best performance wise blosom
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 pm

brt are the best performing trucks imo....that doesnt mean they wont break,strip,snap, etc, cos they will, and do happy

hope that helps jack? happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???   whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks??? Empty

Back to top Go down

whats special about blackriver trucks and other brand name trucks???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1