Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDo you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dersz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
dersz

Setup : Blosom deck, Y trucks x4, Oak Wheels

Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:15 pm

I know this sounds kind of like a stupid question to some peeps, but im kinda iffed about this. I just bought the new ytrucks that came out for about 55 USD with shipping, and after I thought aabout it, thats like 8+ hours of bagging freaking groceries (for me atleast) and a month of allowance!!

I also know that people's values do tie into this, but IMO,, fingerboard trucks that are 68 bucks is insane (let alone 55 bucks) lol thanks for hearing me out bout this. Whats your guys' opinion
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Pro Trucks are pricy. You don't need them.

However, they are pretty nice and make your setup feel a little bit better. But nope, you don't need them at all.
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:39 pm

No they are not. Get them second hand from sombody
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:45 pm

If you're only earning just as much as the trucks per month. Don't buy them dude.
Just get pivot cups and decent bushings, I tend to prefer this option as I can shred harder outdoors and stuff without a worry about them being ruined, as wides are much cheaper and affordable.

Last edited by James.P on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Get proffesional trucks if are proffesinal, otherwise its a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
marc29
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Even if your'e a professional, professional trucks are definitely not necessary. BRR Trucks are like what? 80 and Y Trucks at 55 and real skateboard trucks are around 50. So I just don't understand the point on spending that much on something not worth that much and especially when you can go to your local store and pick up a pair of trucks with a tech deck for 3 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 am

Not imo.
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 am

DEVOOOOOOOO.... sorry... couldn't resist.. I used to think the same till i owned some brts! you can feel the difference!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Diemond
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Diemond

Companies : skating, fingerboarding

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 am

they are pricey, but if you want a good quality setup, you pay big bucks
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 am

No, not worth the price! But what to doo when they retail so darn crazy expensive and I want decent trucks for a set of insanely impressive Oaks other than save big and pay up you know..

I know I can have just as much fun on my nicely tuned random wides with No Comply Roll9`s, but it is definetly something special to shred the BRT Oak combo setup..
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 am

imo they are not. They are overpriced and you can get the same fun with shaped wides. However though it does make your setup better but they aren't worth the price
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 am

surprised soo many people are against them.. I could never go back, unless you ride rock solid, like axles falling off, and don't enjoy actually using your bearings properly I'd stick with wides - but they're SOO worth the money. I've got 4 sets and never had a set have any problems either, with riding outside and such as well as indoors.

everyone complaining about the cost is probably coming from a different part of the planet where exchange rates play a big part - to me £40 for trucks is cheaper than a set of skateboard trucks and not THAT much.. like.. I spent more on my copy of Guild Wars 2 and that's not even a physical thing. Not that I'm loaded, I got most of my sets free or half price, but still, I don't see £40 as much as I imagine you guys see 80 dollars - which is totally fair enough, must suck coming from somewhere with a much lower currency in this situation : o

To me you don't need them as a beginner, but once you're seriously into fingerboarding I'd recommend it and say you'll really notice the difference. happy
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:04 am

At the moment I ride standard wides and bollie 2nd gens. They both do the job, I've had about 10 sets of standard wides and I've only encountered problems with one set, they axle fell out. I can't really give an opinion on professional trucks as I've never owned them. If you don't want to spend £40 on trucks then I would recommend getting the wide trucks kit from fingersized happy OR, if you can get hold of a pair of Bollie 2nd gens then get them because they're cheap, shaped and perform brilliantly!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 am

Yupp they are worth it,

Love the fact that you never need to worry about nuts falling of axles breaking etc.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah I use Tech Deck Longboard Trucks..

They do a good job for 6 euros tongue
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Its not that they arent worth getting, dont get me wrong here and lets be honest, its just that they in fact are way to overprized for what it actualy is. Fair price would be half the price...say 25 euros a set. Then Id say they where totaly worth their weight in gold...

If they cost like 100 euros I would probably still get them, cus Id just have to you know. They are addicting.. wink
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:37 pm

They are expensive but they have nicer shape smoothness and wheel system but I don't know if you want to spend €50 on trucks :\
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Jake R
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jake R

Companies : ha
Setup : lovedrug
brt wides
sow S1

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 pm

i have both ytrucks and brts and dump trucks. i like my brts and will choose them over any other truck out there right now. i like them because they make my setup look alot nicer and they feel alot different from dump trucks. they were worth the money to me. you can do what you want. if you dont like them then just sell them off here. fingerboarding can be a cheap hobby and it can be an expensive just depends on how much your willing to spend.
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Its the same with skateboarding really
You can buy like speed demon trucks that cost like £20 a set. They turn shit, grind shit and break easily, or you can spend £55 on indys that work 10000 times better.
All depends how much you're willing to spend and if you'll get the right enjoyment out of it.
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:33 pm

What about bollie ? no one is mentioning them and I haven't seen someone using bollie trucks on their setup o.O are they worst then even dump trucks ?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm

DimitarZlatarev wrote:
What about bollie ? no one is mentioning them and I haven't seen someone using bollie trucks on their setup o.O are they worst then even dump trucks ?

The new ones are just china same as fingersized trucks.
But the old ones wich where nicely shaped, where pretty good. altough the axel would come off once a time.
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:13 am

I have a set of brr 1.0s used them for about a month and the axle stripped so I have been using wides until I order the firstaid hanger. I do think they would sell more if cheaper,I know the machine to make them cost like 10g's so that is a factor. U could try to get woodys or just learn how to shape ur wides. I started shaping my tucks about a year ago and with good bushing and new longboard base w pivot cup they r pretty nice and only cost 4 bucks and some time to shape,plus brr edition wheels fit nicely as well as regular or backass. But if u are serious about ur fbing u should atleast try em once. Probably get y's for my next pro trucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?   Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think professional fingerboard trucks are worth the price?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1