Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGoodbye pals - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goodbye pals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

Goodbye pals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Gunner, when I joined this forum I had no company, and I've been staff for less than a week. How does that make me part of that group? My standing in this forum hasn't changed simply because I sold three ledges and got voted onto staff...

I don't see how the people you're complaining about are the problem. Surely the people who suck up and bitch and moan are the problem. This "cool" group; what have they (or we?) done wrong? I'm the same as ever, Kerry's the same as ever...I dunno...I follow 90% of the topics on this forum, and I see more bitching than I do problem solving...people feel the way they do I suppose.

No hard feelings (sorry if it's seemed like there are), I just don't know. I have my own opinions, but I'll keep them to myself. Don't wanna start name calling sad
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Just want to add to my comments as well that I didn't mean for my post to come off as a generalization about everyone. Obviously there is some great people here that don't care much about who's who and what not. However they are much more few and far between then I remember. I am not going to name names on who's in which category as that would add to the problem not the solution. To be honest it wouldn't take much more then some self awareness which would be everyone's own responsibility of what they are posting/chatting and some mutual respect between everyone. That means respecting EVERYONE'S opinion whether you agree with it or not. Sorry to come across as camp counselor here haha. Just some thoughts.

Sorry Huggie that your post got kind of off topic, but hopefully this conversation will benefit your decision to stay or leave.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Lol yeah I don't feel anymore "special" by selling decks. I know for a fact I've had my fair share of arguments with people .Hell I've even been told that they don't like me. I think people just get it in their head that being a mod or having a "company" will do something for you.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 pm

^I like you very happy
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 pm

I blame the FBHQuminatti
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:03 am

Ryan wrote:
Lol yeah I don't feel anymore "special" by selling decks. I know for a fact I've had my fair share of arguments with people .Hell I've even been told that they don't like me. I think people just get it in their head that being a mod or having a "company" will do something for you.

i dont like you
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 am

Neither do I Matt.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 am

fayguette
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 am

lock this shit if huggies really leaves he cant read this?
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:27 pm

kyle ashley wrote:
lock this shit if huggies really leaves he cant read this?

No, I feel as though this is a good experience for the people here, if everyone can see what eachother think, then everyone will be able to work together to make the forum what it was.
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 pm

see i told u u wood be back
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Lol welcome back huggie
He,
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm

skeep222 wrote:
I blame the FBHQuminatti
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 pm

kyle ashley wrote:

Well after seeing how many people felt the same, for me to leave them here, would be unfair, and I realised how much i'd FUCKING MISS YOU ALL. Although With that positive note, I feel this needs to be said, in responce to Seamus, You speak with terms and pointless facts, such as "THIS IS NOT A MIDDLE SCHOOL". No it Isn't a middle school, it's a group of people who enjoy the same stuff, and used to ALWAYS get along, If you can't realise that and Respect other's feelings, just because yo hate when people whine about being "not popular" Which was never actually done,You should go to FFI you'll fit in just fine.
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:36 pm

u directin that to me huggies?
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 pm

huggiemanbearpig wrote:
kyle ashley wrote:

Well after seeing how many people felt the same, for me to leave them here, would be unfair, and I realised how much i'd FUCKING MISS YOU ALL. Although With that positive note, I feel this needs to be said, in responce to Seamus, You speak with terms and pointless facts, such as "THIS IS NOT A MIDDLE SCHOOL". No it Isn't a middle school, it's a group of people who enjoy the same stuff, and used to ALWAYS get along, If you can't realise that and Respect other's feelings, just because yo hate when people whine about being "not popular" Which was never actually done,You should go to FFI you'll fit in just fine.

wordup holleratyourboy
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 pm

*Inserts fart joke*

Seriously, I noticed this, but, I've been forced to live with it, because every time I try and quit this forum I get dragged back. Tbh even if you quit it's hard to leave forums.
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:45 am

I gotta agree with Ryan and Chris on this one. I get how you feel people might spam threads, but some would regard that as being an active member as well.
Obviously if someone posts more, he/she gets more visibility and this more friends/enemies on the forum. That's just my two cents.

As a side note, arn't mods sorta supposed to be sucked up to? I mean I know tons of other forums where you'd get banned for posting a stupid joke. The mods here are incredibly chill/active and kinda deserve to be sucked up to IMO.

I've had Compiny for a good few months now and I've never actually had anyone mention it on chat without me or Chris bringing it up. I don't feel at all special on here for owning a company.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:39 am

Ollie wrote:
I gotta agree with Ryan and Chris on this one. I get how you feel people might spam threads, but some would regard that as being an active member as well.
Obviously if someone posts more, he/she gets more visibility and this more friends/enemies on the forum. That's just my two cents.

As a side note, arn't mods sorta supposed to be sucked up to? I mean I know tons of other forums where you'd get banned for posting a stupid joke. The mods here are incredibly chill/active and kinda deserve to be sucked up to IMO.

I've had Compiny for a good few months now and I've never actually had anyone mention it on chat without me or Chris bringing it up. I don't feel at all special on here for owning a company.

1)I've never seen you disagree with anyone Unless Another person who is considered "popular" here does

2)If you think respect=sucking up to someone you have a problem

3)That's irrelevent to the thread scratch
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 am

Wasn't trying to start a fight man! I tend not to voice my opinion a ton, especially if its negative. I try not to get involved. If something's not supported by others, why be the douche and be the only negative voice?
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 am

I have to also agree with ryan and chris on this for the most part..

is the issue really that people who are super active are more friendly with the other people who are super active than the people who they don't know? Isn't that a given of any social situation ever? If I walked into a coffee shop and sat next to strangers they wouldn't be my best friends.. Obviously I try to be friendly to everyone but until you know someone a bit you don't treat them like the people you do know, that's just life in a lot of ways.

or if I'm mistaken and the issue is to do with spam.. I cant say I agree with any of it but going back to my first post, if staff know who you are then they could know you are joking, rather than if a new person chimed in they could be doing it for negative reasons and there's more cause for concern.

honestly I don't think anyone has actually come out and explicitly stated what the issues are, or if they have I don't really read anything 100% clear in these three pages. I mean that only in the hopes that someone can enlighten me. happy
Back to top Go down
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am

awkward im confused
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 am

Edit: I was in a bad mood when i reed this thread so i posted something that was completely wrong.
If i offended anyone, sorry.

Last edited by BrorS on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Goodbye pals - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I wrote a semi long post yesterday, but i thought this was gonna die out anyway so i deleted it.

Here is some of what i think.

The forum changes every time a new member joins the posting. When a lot of members join in a short ammount of time it feels like a big change. This doesn't have to be bad. As long as you still post what you want.

The sucking up to mods/company owners is endeed happening to some extent.
A lot of the younger members seem to think that being a company owner or a mod takes you a few steps up the coolness-ladder and lengthen your penis by several inches.
Just look at all the kids that wants to start a company..

They don't do it because they really like making shit, they do it because they want to be someone. And it's really sad to think about.

And yea, when they can't be a company owner they try to be the company owners' friend so they might get on the team some day.

Kids want a label to put on themself so they can say "I'm fuckface from Woodcock Teck Dechs" or "I'm a part of the staff on FBHQ respect me or i will ban you".

Oh yea, and the spamming.. I think there is a bit too many pointless posts on the forum. Like people quoting someone and not adding anything or other shit like that. The thing is sometimes it's also part of the fun, so i don't know how we should deal with it honestly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:16 pm

"Living in the UK"?

Really? Like Ryan, Zink, Mikkel, Axel, Darian, MHC, Bakko...to name but a few?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye pals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next